Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

#91edward18Posted 1/15/2013 10:37:55 AM
Jill had a steroid pumping through her.

Actually, you become a tyrant by having a special chemical in your brain.

That's just the Sheena Island method.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#92shagohad3Posted 1/15/2013 10:38:42 AM
CPU-Z posted...
Lisa is dead. *Spoilers*

She was caught underneath a chandelier by Wesker. She was in the main foyer when the explosion destroyed the mansion.

Wesker's virus is more of a strain of the Progenitor virus. It enhances speed, strength, and endurance. This is what Jill has pumping through her body in RE5.

The incidents are contained by government action. Nukes eliminate the outbreak by destroying everything.

The wesker virus is not what Wesker had flowing into her. It was a substance that suppressed free will and made one susceptible to sugestion
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#93Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 1/15/2013 11:15:11 AM
The guy is an idiot. He thinks he is James Cameron, but he isn't.

I seriously doubt he thinks that way. Anderson's movies really couldn't be more different than Cameron's. One tries to establish characters, the other doesn't care. One knows how to stage and edit a big action scene, the other one just relies on cheap slow-mo effects and rapid fire editing.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#94CPU-ZPosted 1/15/2013 12:00:00 PM
I didn't exactly say that Jill had the same virus running through her as Wesker. I said Wesker's virus is similar to a strain of the Progenitor virus. I got that part wrong. I meant P30. P30 is the chemical Jill had running through her body. P30 is the product of research into the Progenitor virus. Wesker's virus is similar to P30 due to the enhanced strength and speed.
#95kingrat2314Posted 1/15/2013 2:12:16 PM
I don't like it because it's a bad movie. Doesn't even have anything to do with how I feel about the games. The movies are poorly acted (especially Milla "multi-pass" Jovovich), poorly directed, poorly written, and just all around boring. The action is poorly choreographed. Also, WAAAAAYYYYYY too much slow mo. There's like 100 times more slow mo than RE 5 and 6 combined. In one movie. It's ridiculous and the sign of a bad director/editor. Too much of anything is. I appreciate subtlety in movies.
---
Yep, I'm a guy! teehee <3
#96Trespasser2003Posted 1/15/2013 6:21:16 PM
Animesetsuna posted...
Maelstrom12 posted...
I hear wesker turned into a good guy in the last one lol wtf

I heard that too. I still can't believe Wesker turned into a good guy. lol

lol @ ppl lolling @ wrong info on a movie they haven't even seen lolololol

Wesker doesn't turn good in Retribution. People who think that are dumber than these movies, which is really sad.
---
scott came. ugly face so killed him. 4// itchy. tasty.
#97IlDankoPosted 1/15/2013 6:32:08 PM
Trespasser2003 posted...
Animesetsuna posted...
Maelstrom12 posted...

Wesker doesn't turn good in Retribution. People who think that are dumber than these movies, which is really sad.

Either wesker turned into a good guy or alice, ada, jill and leon became bad guys...

At the end It doesn't really matter because the next movie will suck the same or even more as the last one..

I heard it will be entirely in slow motion
---
Time it has come to destroy....Your supremacy
PSN: Dan21993
#98MoonlightJustPosted 1/15/2013 6:32:14 PM
Because they are bad movies that are not representative of the games in the least. The director shoe horns his wife into the most god-awful Mary Sue in the history of cinema and derails an entire series in order to glorify her.

The first two were...stomachable. And I can totally understand people hating them. But beyond that they are pure garbage unless all you are looking for is action scenes. In which case you have no respect for the series its based on to begin with.
#99Delta0126Posted 1/15/2013 6:41:22 PM
The only thing I disliked about the movies was Alice, other than that I thought it was a fairly okay re-imagining of Resident Evil and didn't mind too much on what he did with Nemesis other than of course NemesisxAlice. Besides, Anderson could have done a lot worse with the movies.

Silent Hill for one, I haven't seen the second, but the first blatantly stomps on and ignores practically the entire story of the original game and having 4 characters from it: one shoved aside, the second somewhat altered, the third being fairly the same as the game, and the fourth being completely altered and shoved aside, without those four you probably wouldn't even know that it was based on the first game. At least Anderson tried, but Christophe Gans? "Nope, I'mma just completely change the entire story and make it just fan servicey enough to attract the people who liked the games."
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#100Trespasser2003Posted 1/15/2013 6:42:00 PM
IlDanko posted...
Trespasser2003 posted...
Animesetsuna posted...
Maelstrom12 posted...

Either wesker turned into a good guy or alice, ada, jill and leon became bad guys...

At the end It doesn't really matter because the next movie will suck the same or even more as the last one..

I heard it will be entirely in slow motion

He was using them for his own agenda. It's really not unclear.
---
scott came. ugly face so killed him. 4// itchy. tasty.