Does Capcom hate Barry?

#1ShinWeskerPosted 1/15/2013 12:08:49 PM
Would have been better than Pierce or Helena. Both lacking any personality and good backstory.
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#2TurduckenPosted 1/15/2013 12:14:29 PM
Hard to say. I've always wondered why Capcom's ignored Barry since RE1, more or less. He gets a cameo in 3 if you go a certain way (which isn't even confirmed him, but it's definitely him), and other than an epilogue file in the same game and a couple of recent Mercs appearances, there's RE Gaiden. They even nixed him from Crappy Umbrella Chronicles.

Strange considering Barry was a wildly popular character in the fanbase, yet Cappy ignores that by and large. I was surprised he even got those Mercs showings. But seems like if you're not Chris, Jill, or Leon, you can go to hell in the RE world these days.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#3ShinWesker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:30:27 PM
Turducken posted...
Hard to say. I've always wondered why Capcom's ignored Barry since RE1, more or less. He gets a cameo in 3 if you go a certain way (which isn't even confirmed him, but it's definitely him), and other than an epilogue file in the same game and a couple of recent Mercs appearances, there's RE Gaiden. They even nixed him from Crappy Umbrella Chronicles.

Strange considering Barry was a wildly popular character in the fanbase, yet Cappy ignores that by and large. I was surprised he even got those Mercs showings. But seems like if you're not Chris, Jill, or Leon, you can go to hell in the RE world these days.

Yeah, I remember the Cameo, always going for that ending to see him.

Barry was just awesome and I think I didn't meet anybody who disliked him.
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#4Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 1/15/2013 12:42:28 PM
Would have been better than Pierce or Helena. Both lacking any personality and good backstory.

Just like everyone else in the RE universe. So Barry was blackmailed. That's some deep **** I guess. The game already felt like some fanboy's wet dream with all the returning characters, so I'm kinda glad they went with some fresh ones instead. I actually liked both Helena (who was even allowed to have a genuine and believable emotional moment . That's kind of a first for the series.) and Pierce quite a bit too.

In RE6's defense: I think it's the first game in the series where the characters come across as being a bit more than mere ciphers or pretty avatars. I even liked Chris in this game.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#5Syn_VengeancePosted 1/15/2013 1:09:37 PM
ShinWesker posted...

Its not that they hate him, they just dont need him in the story anymore. he probably just moved somewhere safe to be with his family and decided to stay out of the fight. not to mention re6 takes place in 2013 and barry would be 53 years old, pretty sure thats enough to ensure he wont be fighting any more. they could give him a desk job at the bsaa HQ but that would pretty much be the extent of his character.
---
Currently playing: Resident evil 6, need for speed most wanted, borderlands 2
#6IlDankoPosted 1/15/2013 1:18:05 PM
He'll be the president of the US in the next games and the main antagonist of the series.. All that wesker did were really barry's orders and he followed them because barry threatened his family... Oh the irony
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#7TurduckenPosted 1/15/2013 1:19:55 PM
They could have him in a game in a non-combat role. Or pull a Die Hard/Indy/Rambo/etc that brings the old sawbones back for one last hurrah.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#8DreamCast_RocksPosted 1/15/2013 1:20:23 PM
What part could Barry have taken in the game? BSAA sent out Chris and the entire crew to rescue his family in a global crisis? And what relation does he have with Leon? Considering the crossovers in this game, his involvement also means totally different scripts for all the other characters as well. I like Barry but sometimes things are more valuable when remain untouched.
#9good_tobiPosted 1/15/2013 1:35:26 PM
not hate..just doesn't care.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.