Umm What happened since RE5???

#1Koolnerd12Posted 1/15/2013 6:36:07 PM
Two things that annoyed me about this game

1) No prologue. RE5, RE4 had good prologues that set things up for me and I knew what was going on.

2) Where did Jake, Sherry, and Helena come from, and why should I care?
#2IlDankoPosted 1/15/2013 6:39:23 PM
Koolnerd12 posted...

1) No prologue. RE5, RE4 had good prologues that set things up for me and I knew what was going on.

GTFO
---
Time it has come to destroy....Your supremacy
PSN: Dan21993
#3MonkeyKrazy07Posted 1/15/2013 6:39:45 PM
I thought Leon's campaign opening felt too sudden, I mean you start with Helena already with you..and the president..already infected. =/
..they should of had a proper prologue, showing exactly what happened leading up to it, I know it was explained in the files, but actually showing it would have been much nicer..and professional. XD
---
Resident Evil (Remake) 'n' Haunting Ground are two of the best games ever made by Capcom.
#4GoldsicklePosted 1/15/2013 9:32:00 PM
Koolnerd12 posted...
No prologue. RE5, RE4 had good prologues that set things up for me and I knew what was going on.

RE5 didn't have much of a good prologue either, due to how we're supposed to play along that Jill died sometime before the game began.

The gap was made up by a flashback sequence and Lost In Nightmares but I would still prefer if it was a prologue instead.

MonkeyKrazy07 posted...
I thought Leon's campaign opening felt too sudden, I mean you start with Helena already with you..and the president..already infected. =/

This also bugged me.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#5Koolnerd12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 9:40:17 PM
I was also annoyed at Leon's 'casual' tone to Helena. He just witnessed the President turn into a Zombie and killed him, and now he just plays along with Helena.

There is a post on the RE6 capcom unity forums/RE NET forums called "100 Things You Learned from Resident Evil 6 " that is basically a laundry list of what was wrong with this game that left a disappointing feel for so many people.
#6GiftedACIIIPosted 1/16/2013 6:13:27 PM
IlDanko posted...
Koolnerd12 posted...

GTFO
#7Alky88Posted 1/16/2013 7:02:26 PM
RE4 had a good prologue? For real?
"Hey, remember that company you've been fighting these past few years? Yes, it's gone. Here's some random terrorists and a bunch of people you've never seen before.
Oh and Leon is now an agent, enjoy!" is not a good prologue.
And if you don't know who Sherry Birkin is you probably need to replay RE2.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#8tevin1569Posted 1/16/2013 7:04:50 PM
Koolnerd12 posted...

Well as someone already said...5 didn't have a great prologue. And 4 was pretty simple, find the presidents daughter.... But you also had to solve what 6 was about, 4 & 5 you were just looking for people(Well not when 5 started). But 6 you have to figure out what is going on in each campaign.

I don't even want to answer number 2...Sherry...
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#9AnimesetsunaPosted 1/16/2013 7:06:44 PM
I noticed that TC didn't mention about Piers.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa and wish to CALL HER EVERYDAY
#10SiLVeR_420Posted 1/16/2013 7:15:10 PM
Alky88 posted...
RE4 had a good prologue? For real?
"Hey, remember that company you've been fighting these past few years? Yes, it's gone. Here's some random terrorists and a bunch of people you've never seen before.
Oh and Leon is now an agent, enjoy!" is not a good prologue.
And if you don't know who Sherry Birkin is you probably need to replay RE2.

Leon being an agent in RE4 didn't come out of nowhere. That was known since 3.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.