I like the game, but the Co-Op got worse IMO

#1ShinWeskerPosted 1/16/2013 12:58:49 PM
I hate the fact that for example,

my buddy joins in Chapter 3, and he doesn't have any weapons for Helena.
Then we are at the final boss (before the roof) and all he gets are Machine Gun ammo and cannot do **** from the outside.

I would have prefered an Item Box like in RE5 after each chapter and boxes during the chapter before important events like Bosses.

And that you need to work together and SHARE the weapons, was great in RE5.

So, I like this game better but the Co-Op is worse...

Somehow the ammo drops don't make sense...
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#2BakyuraPosted 1/16/2013 1:19:14 PM
That's why I prefer offline co-op.
#3ShinWesker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 1:54:24 PM
Bakyura posted...

Yeah,I meant offline co-op...
didnt play Online yet
---
#4Volren617Posted 1/16/2013 1:57:16 PM
Yeah I don't like the way they forced you to pick up weapons with the other char either.

But you could have had him give you the rifle ammo and just traded him all your handgun (assuming you had any).
#5BakyuraPosted 1/16/2013 2:37:31 PM
ShinWesker posted...
didnt play Online yet

Oh, really? I'm completely fine with it's offline co-op, sure the not being able to "share" guns thing kinda sucks, but I guess it doesn't bother me because I never did that/had a reason to do that in 5 anyway.

And I can't really complain about the no weapons for the other player thing because starting in the middle just seems silly to me (No offense) so I've only played with someone from the start. But it kinda makes sense IMO, as to why they'd do that.

Though question, what do you mean by "the ammo drops don't make sense"?
#6SSJ_JinPosted 1/16/2013 2:45:38 PM
ShinWesker posted...
Bakyura posted...

didnt play Online yet

Well then you're gonna hate online co-op. Like Bakyura, I thought you were talking about online since you wrote about sharing in RE5. But looks like you meant just the guns. Online you don't share items.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#7ShinWesker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 3:28:09 PM
Volren617 posted...
Yeah I don't like the way they forced you to pick up weapons with the other char either.

But you could have had him give you the rifle ammo and just traded him all your handgun (assuming you had any).

The problem is, he didn't have any Rifle, he started playing with me in Chapter 4. (Offline). Then at the final boss, all the monsters dropped were stuff for me and he couldn't pick any of those up. And I didn't have any Handgun ammo left.

To me, that's bad game design...why punish an Offline player when he starts in Chapter 4 when the CPU has all the weapons till then?
---