Do you think EA bought off reviewers?

#1ZeeDoggePosted 1/16/2013 3:19:55 PM
I mean, it is pretty strange western game journalists all came on top of such a high quality game as RE6, taking up the mantle of a fringe element nobody listened to since RE4 came out, all when EA's very similar Dead Space 3 is coming out very soon. Pretty much everything RE6, DS3 has and both handle a lot like each other. But I seriously doubt DS3 is going to get the treatment RE6 got, and people against the changes in DS3 are going to suddenly just be a fringe once again. Would you really put that past EA and game journalists?
#2The_BojanglerPosted 1/16/2013 4:14:43 PM
How many chimpanzees can dance on the head of a pin?
#3Cartwheel_KickPosted 1/16/2013 4:42:35 PM
obviously
---
AgainstMeIsBest posted...
if you have to triple post I think that means nobody cares
#4Doubleglock18Posted 1/16/2013 5:05:42 PM
i'm not trying to be offensive or mean, but i'm not entirely sure what your OP is about. i would appreciate it if you rephrased it/ simplified it for me.

to answer the topic title. i would say that it is highly unlikely to pointless. typically games get reviews in the same range from professional reviewers anyway. i don't see any company going around paying off dozens of individual reviewers just to get good reviews.

i WILL say that reviewers may be pressured to be more generous towards a game for various reasons, but to get ALL the reviewers? nah.

ITT the people who go crazy bashing these games that come out already have their minds made up. so when you see Hitman Absolution or Resident Evil 6 or the DMC reboot getting 0s, 1s, and 2s as scores, you know they aren't reliable reviewers. scores that low are for games that are literally unplayable. for example, you turn a game on and it wont get past the start menu.

genuine issues with these games are one things, blatantly hating a game because a mechanic is changed or removed doesn't drop a score down 8 points. you wanna give a game a 5 because you feel it down't live up to its past games, okay i can see where you are going with this at least. i don't agree, but i see the train of thought and you are saying the game is playable, but not as good as the others.

a 1 for Hitman Absolution? no. for RE6? no. there has to be SOME objectivity in a review, like whether the controls actually work and whether the graphics are horrible. locked at 30 FPS doesn't make a game unplayable. knock off a point or half a point, not place it in the "Do not touch" bin.
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!
#5ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 5:16:50 PM
Doubleglock18 posted...
i'm not trying to be offensive or mean, but i'm not entirely sure what your OP is about. i would appreciate it if you rephrased it/ simplified it for me.

to answer the topic title. i would say that it is highly unlikely to pointless. typically games get reviews in the same range from professional reviewers anyway. i don't see any company going around paying off dozens of individual reviewers just to get good reviews.

i WILL say that reviewers may be pressured to be more generous towards a game for various reasons, but to get ALL the reviewers? nah.

ITT the people who go crazy bashing these games that come out already have their minds made up. so when you see Hitman Absolution or Resident Evil 6 or the DMC reboot getting 0s, 1s, and 2s as scores, you know they aren't reliable reviewers. scores that low are for games that are literally unplayable. for example, you turn a game on and it wont get past the start menu.

genuine issues with these games are one things, blatantly hating a game because a mechanic is changed or removed doesn't drop a score down 8 points. you wanna give a game a 5 because you feel it down't live up to its past games, okay i can see where you are going with this at least. i don't agree, but i see the train of thought and you are saying the game is playable, but not as good as the others.

a 1 for Hitman Absolution? no. for RE6? no. there has to be SOME objectivity in a review, like whether the controls actually work and whether the graphics are horrible. locked at 30 FPS doesn't make a game unplayable. knock off a point or half a point, not place it in the "Do not touch" bin.

Don't democrats pretty much own all newspapers, and republicans pretty much own all talk radio? It's not that hard to get journalists to lie for you. Anything can be spun as good or bad
#6Infectedglore2Posted 1/16/2013 6:05:34 PM
I wonder how many Capcom fanhateboys are raging over DmC and its good reviews lol Lovely tears
#7aPimp_named_leEPosted 1/16/2013 9:23:24 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
I mean, it is pretty strange western game journalists all came on top of such a high quality game as RE6, taking up the mantle of a fringe element nobody listened to since RE4 came out, all when EA's very similar Dead Space 3 is coming out very soon. Pretty much everything RE6, DS3 has and both handle a lot like each other. But I seriously doubt DS3 is going to get the treatment RE6 got, and people against the changes in DS3 are going to suddenly just be a fringe once again. Would you really put that past EA and game journalists?

considering all the major youtube videogame channels been payed to play the demo of DS3 on their channels, you can bet there is going to be a lot of biased in favor of the game. this is america, and money talks my friend.
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~
PSN: BxMcNasty
#8ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 9:48:06 PM
aPimp_named_leE posted...
ZeeDogge posted...

considering all the major youtube videogame channels been payed to play the demo of DS3 on their channels, you can bet there is going to be a lot of biased in favor of the game. this is america, and money talks my friend.

And it's hilarious because DS3 is pretty much RE6 in space. It even has cover taking and gun combat
#9PyroSparkPosted 1/16/2013 9:53:06 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
ZeeDogge posted...

And it's hilarious because DS3 is pretty much RE6 in space. It even has cover taking and gun combat

....And suddenly DS3 is an insta-buy.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#10ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 10:14:46 PM
PyroSpark posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
ZeeDogge posted...

....And suddenly DS3 is an insta-buy.

Yeah, it's pretty nice. I should ask how long it is