Do you think EA bought off reviewers?

#21bluerulerPosted 1/17/2013 3:45:36 PM
IlDanko posted...
blueruler posted...
I extremely enjoyed this game, its still in my ps3 and is my go to game. If i seriously see reviewers kissing the *** of dead space just because its dead space, that will be the nail in the coffin for me looking at reviews.

So many good games get bashed and so much medicore games get praised

Dead space is not mediocre IMO... But yeah reviewers sucks

Oh by medicore games i meant CoD, and other titles that exceed because of their brand name. just didn't want to target that and get somebody yelling at me because they like it

I actually like dead space, just hate reviewers
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#22AnimesetsunaPosted 1/19/2013 6:20:47 AM(edited)
What did they done to their DS3? Watched demo gameplay and found out that dead enemies using fire weapon. Kinda like zombies using fire weapons. Are they following RE path?

---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa and wish to CALL HER EVERYDAY... Kana huggy ~ 0,000,000,000
#23AndyDonoPosted 1/19/2013 7:18:28 AM
Animesetsuna posted...
What did they done to their DS3? Watched demo gameplay and found out that dead enemies using fire weapon. Kinda like zombies using fire weapons. Are they following RE path?

Except that type of Necromorph is hilariously inaccurate with its shots, unlike a certain someone equipped with a magnum.
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#24zenandiPosted 1/19/2013 7:41:12 AM(edited)
ZeeDogge posted...
Would you really put that past EA and game journalists?

No.

I've said it before, the guy from Gamespot at least, put a very skewed score for RE 6. No way ACTUALLY inferior games like Alpha Protocol and Fable 3 got better scores, unless he's VERY biased, for whatever reasons.

Take a look at AC 3. Just about fun enough, and had ALL the supposed faults of RE 6. How much did that game get?

I really wouldn't put it past them, no.

Except, to be rational, I don't see how EA would pull something like that. It's been a long interval since RE 6. Enough time for me to 1000/1000 the game and now await Dead Space. It's not like the two are even in direct competition on the same release day, or even month -- I would certainly buy both anyway.
#25Spider5800Posted 1/19/2013 9:50:24 AM
I think you guys are REEEEEEEALLY overestimating the corruption in game journalism.

RE6 didn't get ripped to pieces by critics because they were paid off by EA. That doesn't even make sense, they weren't competing directly with the game since they're releasing DS3 MONTHS later. And frankly, the game got mixed reviews by TONS of critics, more than EA could realistically pay off.

I think you guys might just have to face facts and accept that a lot of people just really didn't like the game. It was unfocused (both in story AND gameplay), levels were pretty repetative, the control scheme was awkward and tried doing too much, and it pushed away lots of fans of the original games by going a completely different directlon.

Say what you will about DS3, it stays focused on a specific story with only one or two main characters, and the demo plays really similarly to the previous two games. If the enemies and level design is top-notch I can see it getting heaps of praise by reviewers, WITHOUT being paid off.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#26Infectedglore2Posted 1/19/2013 1:03:56 PM
Spider5800 posted...
I think you guys are REEEEEEEALLY overestimating the corruption in game journalism.

RE6 didn't get ripped to pieces by critics because they were paid off by EA. That doesn't even make sense, they weren't competing directly with the game since they're releasing DS3 MONTHS later. And frankly, the game got mixed reviews by TONS of critics, more than EA could realistically pay off.

I think you guys might just have to face facts and accept that a lot of people just really didn't like the game. It was unfocused (both in story AND gameplay), levels were pretty repetative, the control scheme was awkward and tried doing too much, and it pushed away lots of fans of the original games by going a completely different directlon.

Say what you will about DS3, it stays focused on a specific story with only one or two main characters, and the demo plays really similarly to the previous two games. If the enemies and level design is top-notch I can see it getting heaps of praise by reviewers, WITHOUT being paid off.

What I don't like is that what makes these reviewers qualified to critique and rate these amazing companies work and act like its official? Its one thing if these reviewers are professional gamers/ has played 5/8 of every game out there or hell if they're just experts in one genre. But no, these reviewers haven't shown anything beyond an average gamer could do and are even worse than the ones who have natural skill. Most reviewers play on EASY mode. They judge games like a casual player (which if its going to be official you should be a hardcore player), never get 100%, sometimes not even finishing the game, cry about things that were meant to be a challenge (dead rising 1) and then not even be consistent (Rate RE6 bad because of no survival horror, rate ZombiU bad for no action) and a while ago some blockhead rated Silent Hill 2 bad because he hated survival horror
#27Big_Boss1432Posted 1/19/2013 3:23:25 PM
Spider5800 posted...

Thank you. I hate when people think the media is corrupted to a point of now return. The most corrupt thing a review can do is play the game as part of a series and not as a game. Hence why I hate nintendo and bethesda reviews; they just dick ride SOOOOO much.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#28AnimesetsunaPosted 1/19/2013 4:06:51 PM
Should I download DS3 demo when available? But I won't buy DS3 when out.
---
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa and wish to CALL HER EVERYDAY... Kana huggy ~ 0,000,000,000
#29AnimesetsunaPosted 1/23/2013 4:38:27 PM
So playing DS3 demo Co-op, you need to register to EA account. Man...
---
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa & Yui Ogura and wish to CALL THEM EVERYDAY
#30IlDankoPosted 1/23/2013 4:52:13 PM
Animesetsuna posted...
So playing DS3 demo Co-op, you need to register to EA account. Man...

Is it good???... I'm currently downloading that and MGRR demo
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993