which attacks cann't you counter in this game?

#1YermomHoudiniPosted 1/17/2013 2:36:22 AM
beside projectiles, which physical attacks from normal spawning enemies cannot be countered?

for some reason I couldn't get the prompt to come up for napad's generic attacks. is it only possible to counter his dash?
---
The Legendary Iron Fisting. Personal best single combo video for Ninja Gaiden.
http://youtu.be/szF_7c-eVIM
#2GoldsicklePosted 1/17/2013 3:34:11 AM
YermomHoudini posted...
for some reason I couldn't get the prompt to come up for napad's generic attacks. is it only possible to counter his dash?

I don't think there are counter prompts for the Napad's generic swings.

Maybe it's make up for the fact that you get a free contextual Melee after you break the shell behind it's back.

If you quickly go behind it's back after it misses, you get a free contextual melee without the need to stun it (at the cost of the Combat Gauge, of course).
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#3YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 8:04:34 AM
whopper can't be countered, at least I didn't see any prompts when I played against him.

bloodshot's arm swing doesn't seem to be counterable, maybe only his dash is counterable?
---
The Legendary Iron Fisting. Personal best single combo video for Ninja Gaiden.
http://youtu.be/szF_7c-eVIM
#4zombiabsolPosted 1/18/2013 8:15:19 AM
you can difinately counter everything a bloodshot does
---
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6
#5SSJ_JinPosted 1/18/2013 9:13:43 AM
YermomHoudini posted...
beside projectiles, which physical attacks from normal spawning enemies cannot be countered?

Well you can't counter a projectile, but you can counter zombies as they attempt to spit puke at you.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#6DanielSpace79Posted 1/18/2013 5:17:45 PM
YermomHoudini posted...
whopper can't be countered, at least I didn't see any prompts when I played against him.

bloodshot's arm swing doesn't seem to be counterable, maybe only his dash is counterable?

You can counter a whopper when it does it's punch attack- not it's charge or grab.

You can't counter an enemy if it has a broken weapon (like a busted torch) since it's just gonna hurt it at you (guess this counters as a projectile actually)

Bloodshot's uppercut is counterable, you just need to wait until the last possible moment and it will put them in CdG

You can't counter the zombie move where they put up their hand and just faceplant
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#7wowitsyugiPosted 1/18/2013 7:11:08 PM
DanielSpace79 posted...
You can counter a whopper when it does it's punch attack- not it's charge or grab.

You can counter the Whopper's grab. The timing is just really strict.
#8DanielSpace79Posted 1/18/2013 7:20:21 PM
wowitsyugi posted...
DanielSpace79 posted...

You can counter the Whopper's grab. The timing is just really strict.

Is it the same as the punch? (With the character doing the sweep to bring down to CdG) Or am I imaging things again and it's the grab attack I'm thinking of.
---
#9ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/18/2013 7:26:26 PM
A zombie lurching both arms forward can't be countered either. It's a straight insta-grab. Also I'm not sure if some mutated J'avos have counteractive attacks. Most of their grabs can nail you with no prompt button.
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#10DanielSpace79Posted 1/18/2013 7:34:02 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
A zombie lurching both arms forward can't be countered either. It's a straight insta-grab. Also I'm not sure if some mutated J'avos have counteractive attacks. Most of their grabs can nail you with no prompt button.

Oh lord that's my biggest frustration in TC. There was once I had 4 zombies in view and literally they all did that- and I 'KNOW' logically I can't do anything except slide or get them from behind, but then I occasionally idiotally try a melee anyway.

I'm 99% sure you are right, but for some reason I seem to remember that you can counter it at the very end when they do their swoop. I could be completely wrong on this though and could be remembering it wrong since the animation is the same for the standard grab.
---