The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Resident evil 5... *Spoilers*

#1ChrissieXIIPosted 1/17/2013 12:01:13 PM
Anyone else prefer Resi Evil 5 to Resi Evil 6???

Resi Evil 4 was without doubt great and yes Resi Evil 5 strayed from survival horror. But it was still eerie, scary and took the series to a new level. Chris was more likeable and Sheva was a good combatent partner. The back story with Wesker, Jill and Oswell E Spencer helped to clear things up and served as a great plot. The location and change of zombies was also done well I think. And its ultimate finale in the volcano leading to Weskers well deserved death capped it off.

Resi Evil 6 was good but it murdered survival horror and horror altogether becoming an eventual third person shooter. Enemies weren't that scary and there was far too much action then horror. I think the game spread across the world too much resulting in wide spread action rather than confined horror in one location i.e. mansion in Resi Evil 1 or land mass like in Resi Evil 5. Derek Simmons didn't stand in Wesker's shadow well and ultimately fell flat as the final boss.

What do you all think? Opinions very welcome. Remember this is a 5 and 6 comparison.
---
Don't worry Europe get the games the latest because they save the best continent till last.
#2Crimson_RexPosted 1/17/2013 12:03:47 PM
LOL WHAT.
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#3edward18Posted 1/17/2013 12:05:24 PM
Resi Evil 4 was without doubt great

It's the worst main game there is.

and yes Resi Evil 5 strayed from survival horror.

4 did that. 5 only continued that.

The back story with Wesker, Jill and Oswell E Spencer helped to clear things up and served as a great plot.

...what'd it clear up?

The location and change of zombies was also done well I think.

...there aren't zombies in 4 or 5.

And its ultimate finale in the volcano leading to Weskers well deserved death capped it off.

About time they killed him.

Resi Evil 6 was good but it murdered survival horror and horror altogether becoming an eventual third person shooter.

4 did that.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#4Volren617Posted 1/17/2013 12:05:47 PM
Neither game was the least bit scary.
#5DarkD3stinyPosted 1/17/2013 12:39:47 PM
TC if you want to talk about the game that strayed away from the old games that would be re4 not re5. re4 and re5 dont have zombies in them. When was re ever scary? If re6 murdered survival horror then what the hell is no hope mode? is it my imagination? Capcom labelled re6 as a dramatic horror game. Since horror is subjective, just because you dont experience horror dosent mean its not a horror game.
#6tevin1569Posted 1/17/2013 12:43:37 PM
I thought RE6 was closer to this "survival horror" you're talking about compared to 5...
It's all a matter of opinion...I think 6>5..I love 5 though don't get me wrong..
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#7ChrissieXII(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:14:24 PM
so u guys like how the series went then?
---
Don't worry Europe get the games the latest because they save the best continent till last.
#8karyotypePosted 1/17/2013 1:15:03 PM
RE5 was really poor atleast RE6 has moments.
#9kakarotozeroPosted 1/17/2013 1:21:03 PM
RE 5

prons
you can change ammo and weapons with your partner
you can customize your menu
a lot of weapons
wesker and jill
chris and the boulder
you can choose sections of any stage to play

cons
the game is to short
no run and shot

RE 6

prons
chris and leon
the A.I. of the cpu is more intelligent
jake and his meele
the game is longer
no run and shot
the new moveset - including the meele attacks
a lot of new enemies

cons
the menu
less weapons
you need to play the stage completely and not like the previous game
the cover system
no wesker, no jill
in higher difficulties the ammo and the herbs are scarce
---
PSN account - JOSERICOSUAVE21
#10DarkD3stinyPosted 1/17/2013 1:21:18 PM
ChrissieXII posted...
so u guys like how the series went then?

Why else would we be here? lol.