Resident evil 5... *Spoilers*

#11CDuGPosted 1/17/2013 7:49:19 PM
ChrissieXII posted...
Anyone else prefer Resi Evil 5 to Resi Evil 6???

Resi Evil 4 was without doubt great and yes Resi Evil 5 strayed from survival horror. But it was still eerie, scary and took the series to a new level. Chris was more likeable and Sheva was a good combatent partner. The back story with Wesker, Jill and Oswell E Spencer helped to clear things up and served as a great plot. The location and change of zombies was also done well I think. And its ultimate finale in the volcano leading to Weskers well deserved death capped it off.

Resi Evil 6 was good but it murdered survival horror and horror altogether becoming an eventual third person shooter. Enemies weren't that scary and there was far too much action then horror. I think the game spread across the world too much resulting in wide spread action rather than confined horror in one location i.e. mansion in Resi Evil 1 or land mass like in Resi Evil 5. Derek Simmons didn't stand in Wesker's shadow well and ultimately fell flat as the final boss.

What do you all think? Opinions very welcome. Remember this is a 5 and 6 comparison.

I'm just happy to see someone love RE5 as much as me.

Also, edward you're still here??
#12AnimesetsunaPosted 1/17/2013 7:51:28 PM
I want to see what Crapcom can do.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa and wish to CALL HER EVERYDAY
#13Hawke0Posted 1/17/2013 7:52:29 PM
Volren617 posted...
Neither game was the least bit scary.

No games are scary.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#14Hawke0Posted 1/17/2013 7:55:34 PM
DarkD3stiny posted...
TC if you want to talk about the game that strayed away from the old games that would be re4 not re5. re4 and re5 dont have zombies in them. When was re ever scary? If re6 murdered survival horror then what the hell is no hope mode? is it my imagination? Capcom labelled re6 as a dramatic horror game. Since horror is subjective, just because you dont experience horror dosent mean its not a horror game.

Pacing, isolation, and atmosphere are a few things that makes a survival horror game that are lacked in RE5 and RE6, the latter of which was more a Michael Bay movie with zombies than survival horror. RE4 had elements of survival horror, RE5 completely threw any pretense of survival horror out the window.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#15largerockPosted 1/17/2013 8:17:17 PM
*Just reads topic title and jumps to the bottom of page without reading anything*

WAS RACIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZT!!!! IT WAS RAAAAAAACCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZTTTBLARGASDFGHJKL!!!!!111
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#16DarkD3stinyPosted 1/17/2013 9:16:30 PM
Hawke0 posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
TC if you want to talk about the game that strayed away from the old games that would be re4 not re5. re4 and re5 dont have zombies in them. When was re ever scary? If re6 murdered survival horror then what the hell is no hope mode? is it my imagination? Capcom labelled re6 as a dramatic horror game. Since horror is subjective, just because you dont experience horror dosent mean its not a horror game.

Pacing, isolation, and atmosphere are a few things that makes a survival horror game that are lacked in RE5 and RE6, the latter of which was more a Michael Bay movie with zombies than survival horror. RE4 had elements of survival horror, RE5 completely threw any pretense of survival horror out the window.

The survival in survival horror is the feeling of being less powerful due to limited ammo and healing items. re4 caked us in ammo and you could pick up herbs and buy FAS in re4.
#17DarkD3stinyPosted 1/17/2013 9:24:44 PM
Hawk re6 has atmosphere and isolation. Whats pacing got to do with it? you choose how fast you go in games.