My wish for a RE7 game

#1DegalonPosted 1/18/2013 4:35:15 AM
Posted this in another topic on the 360 board, thought i'd put it here.

Was thinking about characters i'd like to see return, and there's a few I thought up, and how they'd be good to go for a new game.

Lisa Trevor
Rebecca Chambers
Sherry Birkin
Billy Coen
some of the Outbreak cast.
Possibly some of the ORC cast.

So here's the setting I was thinking.

1) Lisa Trevor and a few other zombies and BOWs survived due to not being in the city when it was nuked. They were a few miles outside of the city, up in the Arklay Mountains.

2) Dr. Chambers going to collect data/samples from the ruins of the original 2 outbreaks (The ruins of the city, as well as the original Mansion site)

3) The surrounding creatures and area could have mutated in a new way, combining the T (from the outbreak) and G (From Lisa) viruses, with the nuclear fallout.

Could be an interesting way to put a new twist on things. Lisa seems to just "absorb" everything, so she could have taken in the nuclear fallout from so far out of town, and been spreading it throughout the arklay mountains like the lepoboobsa.

Now if Billy Coen is STILL hiding out there, not sure what that would say about him or not. Maybe he's a new G-Mutant (thanks to Lisa), mutated and chasing Rebecca because he recognizes her, through the woods

Hehe. T Virus, G Virus, T+G Virus, T Veronica Virus...and if this were ever made, we'd have...an N-Virus. (Nuclear Virus).

As for the other characters, ways they could fit in

1) Sherry. Sent with Dr. Chambers (Rebecca) as a bodyguard, like she was for Jake.
2) Outbreak cast. I can see Alyssa getting wind of the investigation, and, being a reporter, going in to see if there's anything to find out from Rebecca's tests. Also, since this is taking place in the Arklay Mountains, could have remnants of the Flashback scenario still around.
3) WOLFPACK. Could say their "canon" story is that they did defect from umbrella, and like Billy (maybe even him joining their little band at one point), are still at large in the surrounding area. Or at least returning for some reason or another. Now whether they are infected in one way or another is something else. I'd also like to see some of the members of Echo 6 returning in a support role (Like Hungen is for Leon), having joined BSAA by this point.
4) Lisa Trevor. Surviving the mansion exploding, then adapting to/absorbing the fallout from the nuke on raccoon city, she's still around, and now spreading a new strain of virus in the woods. Either already roaming, or "re-awakened" by Sherry and Rebecca taking samples from her body.
5) Billy Coen. Got infected shortly after the events of RE0, then mutated later on, and is now a new G-Nemesis style creature, leaving you with TWO big monsters in the woods. Maybe he's following to protect the women from Lisa, I dunno. I just like the thought of him still being the area, having been infected after leaving Rebecca. I'm kinda picturing him as a male, lesser counterpart to Lisa Trevor.

I'm just picturing it as a classic, RE1/Outbreak style survival horror (very few supplies and weapons), with Sherry and Rebecca trying to survive the Arklay Forest and escape to deliver the samples of the original strains, plus this new variation, back to BSAA.

Your thoughts, or any tweaks, or additions you'd like to add? I think an RE game with so many throwbacks to the originals, plus being in the mountains/woods instead of in a city or complex would be a cool twist. Especially if it were more about "surviving" than "fighting".
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#2Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 4:37:04 AM
Ran out of room, but clarifying by adding

6) Dr. Rebecca Chambers. Having become an esteemed doctor (and?) virologist since the events of RE1, she has been mainly back at the lab, studying and experimenting on the various virus strains that have popped up since, explaining her absence from the field in past games. Would also make for good "survival" aspect, as she hasn't had to actually been out in the field SINCE then, making her rusty, so to speak.
---
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#3Nemesis_primePosted 1/18/2013 5:17:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Nemesis_primePosted 1/18/2013 5:17:38 AM
Nemesis_prime posted...
For Lisa Trevors fate, see R.E. The Umbrella Chronicles.

---
"Herald of Unicron"Guyver 4? Part Guyver, Part Zoanoid"-Sho
PSN ID - Rich_Sandlin88. XBL Gamer Tag - NEMESISPRlME
#5Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 5:29:51 AM
Nemesis_prime posted...
Nemesis_prime posted...
For Lisa Trevors fate, see R.E. The Umbrella Chronicles.

Two things.

1) Umbrella chronicles is semi-canon. So there's two possible fates: She was last seen out in the tomb, or she was in the entrance lobby of the mansion. Either way could easily be revealed that she survived the explosion. Or, as could be the case with this game concept, she was rendered unconscious/dormant for a certain amount of time, then reawakening later, escaping into the woods.

2) If she was out by the front lobby during detonation, as was the case with UC, then it would be easy to show that she survived, as thats the outer perimeter of the explosion, and, being a nigh-invulnerable G Tyrant mutant, could have mutated further from the damage, but otherwise survived the blast.
---
#6Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:23:46 PM
Bumping for some people to see this.
---
#7Nemesis_primePosted 1/19/2013 4:59:13 AM
Degalon posted...
Bumping for some people to see this.

Last time i checked it was completely canon,since it was just a giant summary of R.E. 0,1 and 3. Plus i think the point of it was to wrap up a couple of "loose" ends i.e. Lisa Trevor...Other than maybe flashbacks, we will prolly never see her again.
---
"Herald of Unicron"Guyver 4? Part Guyver, Part Zoanoid"-Sho
PSN ID - Rich_Sandlin88. XBL Gamer Tag - NEMESISPRlME
#8good_tobiPosted 1/19/2013 5:46:38 AM
Degalon posted...
I'm just picturing it as a classic, RE1/Outbreak style survival horror (very few supplies and weapons)

The thing I hate about classic.

Especially if it were more about "surviving" than "fighting".

I kinda like as it is.In a way fighting is surviving in RE.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#9DwR3000Posted 1/19/2013 11:39:32 AM
How about the return of Wesker the invincible, one of the greatest antiheroes ever to exist in gaming.

Everyone knows that even a volcano cant kill the guy. (RE5 cheapness)

How about Jake facing off against him in the Sahara, epic.

More over a new Claire/Leon or Jill/Chris combo is looooong overdue. Prolly wont happen again due to the paths theyve chosen, unless they completely remake the originals which would be pretty cool too.
---
PSN: danwoodrather
#10Big_Boss1432Posted 1/19/2013 3:20:50 PM
My wish for RE7 is for it not to suck balls and be not rushed. And remove co-op. Maybe tone down a bit on the action and add a bit more of the exploration and investigating.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.