My wish for a RE7 game

#11nath999Posted 1/19/2013 3:46:20 PM
Why don't they just give us an open world Zombie game? It would be so awesome to run through a city trying to avoid zombies and not make noise with our mission objectives.
---
PSN / GT: Deathstroke XII
SSBB:2578-2790-7862
#12Koolnerd12Posted 1/19/2013 4:04:21 PM
Just make it like RE 4 except put new stuff in it, problem solved

RE6 had all the characters, still disappointing

it's the STORY above all, the story had so many new characters with barely (if) introductions, nobody knew what happened until you got to Ada's Chapter (which they now fixed)

If it didn't have RE6 and Capcom written over it, this game would be easily overlooked because that's what is only carrying this game, the franchise name.
#13Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 4:20:30 PM
Nemesis_prime posted...
Degalon posted...
Bumping for some people to see this.

Last time i checked it was completely canon,since it was just a giant summary of R.E. 0,1 and 3. Plus i think the point of it was to wrap up a couple of "loose" ends i.e. Lisa Trevor...Other than maybe flashbacks, we will prolly never see her again.

Well, not really, because Umbrella Chronicles completely discludes things like Barry, Rebecca, Jill and Chris splitting up, most of the mansion, etc, etc. its a "loose summary" covering just a few key points.

Thats what I mean by it being semi-canon. It retcons a few things, but it also completely misses others.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#14Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 4:24:56 PM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
My wish for RE7 is for it not to suck balls and be not rushed. And remove co-op. Maybe tone down a bit on the action and add a bit more of the exploration and investigating.

Like it or no, adding in Co-op has done a lot to save the RE series.

The original three were okay for solo play, but 4 sucked because it was just plain boring, then 5 was the same, but with co op so that made it fun.

Then 6 focused big time on the co op, and it was insanely fun.

I do agree on toning down the action and going back to exploring...hence why I suggested that style in the OP.

If they keep the same formula they've had since 4 (Third person shooter), it HAS to be co op, or it just gets boring, REALLY quickly.
---
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#15Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 4:26:01 PM
nath999 posted...
Why don't they just give us an open world Zombie game? It would be so awesome to run through a city trying to avoid zombies and not make noise with our mission objectives.

They have another series (dead rising) for that.
---
#16Big_Boss1432Posted 1/19/2013 4:26:45 PM
Degalon posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
My wish for RE7 is for it not to suck balls and be not rushed. And remove co-op. Maybe tone down a bit on the action and add a bit more of the exploration and investigating.

Like it or no, adding in Co-op has done a lot to save the RE series.

The original three were okay for solo play, but 4 sucked because it was just plain boring, then 5 was the same, but with co op so that made it fun.

Then 6 focused big time on the co op, and it was insanely fun.

I do agree on toning down the action and going back to exploring...hence why I suggested that style in the OP.

If they keep the same formula they've had since 4 (Third person shooter), it HAS to be co op, or it just gets boring, REALLY quickly.

Not really both deap spaces were great and they didn't have co-op
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#17DetBeauregardPosted 1/19/2013 5:39:29 PM(edited)
Big_Boss1432 posted...
And remove co-op.

I hope so, too, but I doubt it will happen.

Degalon posted...
but 4 sucked because it was just plain boring,

I completely disagree. RE4 being single player only is what I love about it; no annoying AI partners (Ashley doesn't count). I think 4 has far more quality than both 5 and 6 combined.
#18Big_Boss1432Posted 1/19/2013 5:53:25 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
And remove co-op.

I know. Why do developers thinking adding co-op is neccesary. Unless its like a seperate story in uncharted, screw forced co-op.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#19Ertrick36Posted 1/19/2013 10:02:06 PM
good_tobi posted...
Degalon posted...
I'm just picturing it as a classic, RE1/Outbreak style survival horror (very few supplies and weapons)

The thing I hate about classic.

I don't know how you interpreted it, but I think when he says "very few supplies and weapons", I think he means you find all the items and the weapons in scarce supply (not that there is little variation in the weapons [e.g. there being only one of every type of weapon, such as only one kind of handgun]). If that is how you interpreted it, I will have to differ from your judgment. Part of the reason approximately 3,000,000 people (meaning almost half of the RE fanbase) hates the RE 4-6 trilogy is because they feel that RE has become too easy. Most like being very limited in supplies, and I found the difficulty (and "survival-horror" atmosphere of being cut off from the rest of the world, for that matter) of RE4 had become lackluster as soon as they added a merchant that sold weapons and upgrades to you; I don't know about you, but I am a big fan of Metal Gear Solid, and I very much like procurement-on-sight rather than just buying a weapon right there and then. The game became even easier when I found an abundance of ammunition for my overpowered handgun. Plus, if I ever died, all I had to do was hit "continue" and receive little to no penalty for doing so.

For this proposed game, I think they should put in a difficulty switch, much like in Resident Evil: Outbreak that shows various difficulties (not saying they haven't done this; I'm saying it would satisfy a lot of people right there and then). There should also be an option to either have upgrades/merchants in the game or not, because there are a ton of people who would want it either-this-or-nothing (Resident Evil's fanbase is indeed a mix of aspirations and preferences). What they could also do (though it would be a much bigger overhaul than the other proposed ideas) is give an option as whether or not you want to play with the classic camera-angles and control scheme or use the traditional TPS style over-the-shoulder camera and controls (it would probably be a little difficult, but MGS3 Subsistence did it).

But what I think the big thing Capcom should really focus on is the story and characters. If there is anything about Resident Evil that has seriously become lackluster, it's the character development. The characters that Capcom keeps throwing at us are some of the same heroic, battle-hardened action heroes straight from Hollywood. I can think of no one who better fits this description than Leon Kennedy. After RE2, he has got the looks (still), the experience, the mood (mostly cool-headed), and the apparent Martial Arts training that we've never heard about. I think that Capcom should either add new characters (don't give me that "but it won't be RE anymore" bulls***; the way I remember, RE is supposed to be "Survival-Horror", not Leon's/Chris' spotlight), or they should add the characters mentioned by Degalon (and possibly other RE characters we haven't seen in a while). Either way, my eyes are getting weary at staring at the same recurring characters over and over again. If I were to have it my way, I would put in around 30-60 main characters (and yes, I am fully capable of doing that), some of whom are undoubtedly good, some of whom are clearly evil, and some of whom are neutral. Not only that, but I would also try to make them dynamic and human, not Hollywood copies.
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#20Ertrick36Posted 1/19/2013 10:11:05 PM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
DetBeauregard posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
And remove co-op.

I know. Why do developers thinking adding co-op is neccesary. Unless its like a seperate story in uncharted, screw forced co-op.

I do like the idea of there being an option to play co-op, but not like in the recent RE series. I liked that in Outbreak, you could let your allies f*** off and die, and you wouldn't get a gameover; or that in the same game, you could go solo anyway (heh, good luck beating any difficulty higher than Normal without them). What I think Capcom should do is allow there to be a co-op, but to make sure that 1) the death of your ally/allies doesn't give you a gameover and 2) they make the co-op in a way that ensures you can all still work together, but the game isn't any less scary (for those who think that a game isn't scary with co-op, I respect your opinion but don't let that get in the way of those who actually would want co-op). I would agree with the opinion that they should focus more on the singleplayer aspects of the game rather than the multiplayer BS.
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).