My wish for a RE7 game

#21Ertrick36Posted 1/19/2013 10:13:49 PM
nath999 posted...
Why don't they just give us an open world Zombie game? It would be so awesome to run through a city trying to avoid zombies and not make noise with our mission objectives.

Something like Far Cry or Dead Rising? Sounds like it would make RE a lot better of a franchise (though RE1, RE2, RE3, and RE4 were semi-open world).
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#22Big_Boss1432Posted 1/19/2013 11:27:59 PM
Ertrick36 posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
DetBeauregard posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
And remove co-op.

I hope so, too, but I doubt it will happen.

I know. Why do developers thinking adding co-op is neccesary. Unless its like a seperate story in uncharted, screw forced co-op.

I do like the idea of there being an option to play co-op, but not like in the recent RE series. I liked that in Outbreak, you could let your allies f*** off and die, and you wouldn't get a gameover; or that in the same game, you could go solo anyway (heh, good luck beating any difficulty higher than Normal without them). What I think Capcom should do is allow there to be a co-op, but to make sure that 1) the death of your ally/allies doesn't give you a gameover and 2) they make the co-op in a way that ensures you can all still work together, but the game isn't any less scary (for those who think that a game isn't scary with co-op, I respect your opinion but don't let that get in the way of those who actually would want co-op). I would agree with the opinion that they should focus more on the singleplayer aspects of the game rather than the multiplayer BS.

RE6 sort of got rid of what you're saying, but it just feels like a buddy cop movie; the only campaign I felt some what just isolated was actually chris's. Adas campaign was too awful to count.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#23Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 1:08:02 AM
1) On the topic of camera view. Wouldn't really be any different from going between third and first person like a lot of games do.

2) On the topic of Co-op. If they do Co-Op, they need to do it like outbreak, where co-op makes things much easier in that you can multitask. But not REQUIRED like in recent games where you have to have a second person to get over ledges, etc, etc.

Like in this game idea, it would be Sherry and Rebecca. But its in the woods, and there would be nothing requiring 2 people to do. Rebecca being the main character, but Sherry as on optional bodyguard. Otherwise, she could stay back at base camp or something.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#24solar_stormPosted 1/20/2013 7:25:44 PM
Wait! Whesker should be dead in RE5 so why there is a new enemy and Neo Umbrella. I think the story could be long. The mystery is Ada Wong. Whose side was she with and why did Leon defend her while arguing with Chris? I don't understand that kind of story.
#25Ertrick36Posted 1/20/2013 7:31:58 PM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Ertrick36 posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
DetBeauregard posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
And remove co-op.

I hope so, too, but I doubt it will happen.

I know. Why do developers thinking adding co-op is neccesary. Unless its like a seperate story in uncharted, screw forced co-op.

I do like the idea of there being an option to play co-op, but not like in the recent RE series. I liked that in Outbreak, you could let your allies f*** off and die, and you wouldn't get a gameover; or that in the same game, you could go solo anyway (heh, good luck beating any difficulty higher than Normal without them). What I think Capcom should do is allow there to be a co-op, but to make sure that 1) the death of your ally/allies doesn't give you a gameover and 2) they make the co-op in a way that ensures you can all still work together, but the game isn't any less scary (for those who think that a game isn't scary with co-op, I respect your opinion but don't let that get in the way of those who actually would want co-op). I would agree with the opinion that they should focus more on the singleplayer aspects of the game rather than the multiplayer BS.

RE6 sort of got rid of what you're saying, but it just feels like a buddy cop movie; the only campaign I felt some what just isolated was actually chris's. Adas campaign was too awful to count.

Had the feeling...
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#26MonkeyKrazy07Posted 1/20/2013 7:34:20 PM
Operation Raccoon isn't canon, therefore none of the characters even exist, Outbreak took place in 1998, many of the characters would be old as **** now. XD

Resident Evil 7 has already been confirmed to take place in Egypt, starring Jake..should be interesting. o.o;;
---
Resident Evil (Remake) 'n' Haunting Ground are two of the best games ever made by Capcom.
#27Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 7:43:32 PM
solar_storm posted...
Wait! Whesker should be dead in RE5 so why there is a new enemy and Neo Umbrella. I think the story could be long. The mystery is Ada Wong. Whose side was she with and why did Leon defend her while arguing with Chris? I don't understand that kind of story.

Wesker didn't make or run Umbrella. he was an employee that went traitorous.

Leon is in love with Ada.

Ada is a neutral third party trying to make as much profit (money or otherwise) as she can out of all the situations.
---
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#28Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 7:47:04 PM(edited)
MonkeyKrazy07 posted...
Operation Raccoon isn't canon, therefore none of the characters even exist, Outbreak took place in 1998, many of the characters would be old as **** now. XD

Resident Evil 7 has already been confirmed to take place in Egypt, starring Jake..should be interesting. o.o;;

The funny thing about "canon"? If they put them in RE7, that makes them canon.

Also, its just certain EVENTS in Operation Raccoon City, that are non-canon. There's nothing saying Wolfpack and Echo Six don't exist.

As for age, well a good chunk of them were early 20s, like Leon at the time. So be easy to use em.

But also, this guarantees I won't be buying RE7, as I cannot stand Jake. Even if Sherry is playable in Co Op, I wouldn't be able to play it as nobody would want to be stuck with Jake so I could use Sherry.
---
#29Ertrick36Posted 1/20/2013 9:00:39 PM
MonkeyKrazy07 posted...

Here are what the ages of each character in Outbreak would be in 2012, the year Resident Evil 6 took place:

Alyssa Ashcroft: 42

Cindy Lenox: 38

David King: Unknown (from how he looks, he'd be in his forties or fifties, possibly sixties by now)

George Hamilton: 53 (old f***er)

Jim Chapman: 38

Kevin Ryman: 45 (that's old enough for him to retire in the police academy)

Mark Wilkins: 66 (you thought George was old, huh?)

Yoko Suzuki (why would I even need to put this here; she's the youngest of the cast): 34

So basically, some of them are still capable of getting pretty involved with RE7 age-wise. Alyssa, Cindy, Jim, Kevin, and Yoko are all still of a capable fighting age (meaning none of them have hit the average retirement age except Kevin because he's in the PD). Out of them, I think only Alyssa and Yoko would go out of their way to involve themselves with Umbrella, because Alyssa is a Journalist (so it's natural for her to put herself in danger) and Yoko was involved with the Umbrella research (they extracted the T-Virus from her) and testified against Umbrella Corp. I'd think that George would also be capable of doing something, though he'd be a bit like Old Snake because he's kind of an elder. Still though, it isn't like elders can't have a voice or fight... it just might be harder for them XD Though I really don't think Mark will join them, because he's really old, and he's retired (shame too, because he was one of my favorites).

As for the Operation Raccoon City... Like Degalon said, the characters could become canon if they were placed in RE7. It would be like the Star Wars Holiday Special (as awful as that was); it wasn't canon, but it introduced Bobba Fet, and he became part of the next two Star Wars movies to follow since he was so popular, and thus he became... canon (and it was successful)! It's really rather easy. And the age thing can be disregarded too because in ORC, they were non-canon, so they can be plopped right into RE7 and be of fighting age.
---
#30Ertrick36Posted 1/20/2013 10:07:24 PM
MonkeyKrazy07 posted...

(Note: I'm sorry that I'm breaking your comment apart and picking at it; you did nothing to deserve my criticism; I just want to say things about the facts behind what you said, not attack your opinion, so none of what I say should put you off)

There's the issue with the RE franchise for me; they keep working quickly to release games. It's only four months that RE6 has been released, and they already "confirmed" the setting and main character. And here I am still considering buying RE6 (I don't have the money for a game I'm unsure about yet). They also had that survey asking Capcom fans what they want from Capcom this year; I'm not sure what the f*** they're doing. I'll just say that they better have invested a lot of thought into this story and into the development of Jake and the other characters; if they make another stereotypical Hollywood action-hero, I don't know if I'll be able to keep my promise to Capcom...
---