My wish for a RE7 game

#31MonkeyKrazy07Posted 1/20/2013 10:49:18 PM
@ Ertrick36: Lol, it's cool, I wasn't put off by what you said..much. >__>
Capcom doesn't care about us Outbreak fans anyway, we're just a small cult following, Capcom wants to appease the masses, which is exactly the direction Resident Evil 6 went in, and most likely 7 as well.

..also only three chapters took place in 2012, the majority of the game was set in 2013, but I appreciate the information on their current ages, poor Mark, I wonder if he's still even alive, or if any of the other characters ended up in a mental institution after that traumatic experience, mostly likely Jim did. >.>
---
Resident Evil (Remake) 'n' Haunting Ground are two of the best games ever made by Capcom.
#32Ertrick36Posted 1/21/2013 3:29:25 PM
MonkeyKrazy07 posted...
@ Ertrick36: Lol, it's cool, I wasn't put off by what you said..much. >__>
Capcom doesn't care about us Outbreak fans anyway, we're just a small cult following, Capcom wants to appease the masses, which is exactly the direction Resident Evil 6 went in, and most likely 7 as well...

What Capcom will do about Outbreak and the rest of the RE franchise will largely depend on the recent survey they took. It asked the fans of Capcom what they would like to see Capcom working on this year in terms of REmakes, ports, and upcoming games; I can't see Capcom just blowing that off. It was posted sometime in December too, so that cancels out anything Capcom developers/producers/directers said about not listening to the fans (I'm still put off by the whole "parents and children" comment, as I rightfully should be). It's either they've changed goals, or their entire gaming department is more split up than their entire fanbase, and that could be a possibility (what Sven said about some people sharing the same sentiments of Outbreak fans; that might actually be one of the many dissenting opinions among Capcom's staff). The survey's closed now, but I voiced my opinions on there. I don't really know if it'll yield any results, but I do know that Capcom has a history of listening to their fans, and this point in time they might be getting a little desperate for direction.

And about the "appeasing the masses" part, I think the movies are largely to blame for that... well actually, I blame the movies more for the fact that the characters aren't appealing to me anymore. I'd have to say that gameplay-wise, RE has kind gone in a good direction. I think the over-the-shoulder part is great, the moving and shooting's great, the controls are improved, and the equipment... is where I have the issue in gameplay. I liked being forced to conserve items, not waste 'em away on the hordes. The thing to blame for that is just what's popular culture in zombie gaming; with all the cheesy zombie games out there that make killing zombies a joke, RE has started to move in a comical direction with zombie slaughtering.

I'm making a big deal out of this game, and I haven't even played it. It might not even be that bad. I should get it just so that my words aren't in vain...
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#33Coryo61827Posted 1/21/2013 6:25:56 PM
Quote:My wish for RE7 is for it not to suck balls and be not rushed. And remove co-op. Maybe tone down a bit on the action and add a bit more of the exploration and investigating.
@Big_Boss1432

This.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#34ma9Posted 1/22/2013 2:03:11 AM
RE7 needs Ark Thompson and Claire Redfield
---
The Nocturnalfrolic Designs @ http://manueve.weebly.com
#35Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:02:53 AM
ma9 posted...
RE7 needs Ark Thompson and Claire Redfield

I have no idea who Ark Thompson is.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa