Do you still see the original four as the only main characters still?

#1darkvoid2100Posted 1/18/2013 11:38:30 AM
Even after all these years and new characters i still only see claire, chris, leon and Jill as the four main characters.

Why is this? Sheva, Sherry, Ada, Rebecca, Billy, Helena and Jake all still seem like side characters, to me, even tho they have had starring roles and over the years the games have gotten a lot longer with much more dialogue. (to be fair to rebecca and billy, zero did kind of suck)

Jill had no starring role for 12 years but still remained a main character. (10 if you count re5 but she was very much a side character in that)

Claire hasn't had a starring role in about 13 years now (5 if you count degeneration, but she was very much a side character in that anyway)

ada appeared in 2,4,6 damnation but still cant shake that side character vibe from her.

what makes the original four so immortal as main characters no matter how long a break they have? and why are new characters shunned aside, personally i don't care to ever see jake, helena, sheva, etc ever again, even tho they are more developed.

i would however love a game with the original four! or at least have all four in one merc game!
---
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3720/89106594.jpg
#2largerockPosted 1/18/2013 11:42:35 AM
Jake is definitely a MC now. See: his ending.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#3ManuMIASPosted 1/18/2013 11:49:58 AM
the main characters are the guys Leon, Chris and maybe Jake, for females is Jill and Ada... Claire its just fanbase thats why she was in Degeneration, Darkside, Mercenaries 3D, Afterlife and RE:ORC.
#4shagohad3Posted 1/18/2013 12:05:53 PM
darkvoid2100 posted...
Even after all these years and new characters i still only see claire, chris, leon and Jill as the four main characters.

Why is this? Sheva, Sherry, Ada, Rebecca, Billy, Helena and Jake all still seem like side characters, to me, even tho they have had starring roles and over the years the games have gotten a lot longer with much more dialogue. (to be fair to rebecca and billy, zero did kind of suck)

Jill had no starring role for 12 years but still remained a main character. (10 if you count re5 but she was very much a side character in that)

Claire hasn't had a starring role in about 13 years now (5 if you count degeneration, but she was very much a side character in that anyway)

ada appeared in 2,4,6 damnation but still cant shake that side character vibe from her.

what makes the original four so immortal as main characters no matter how long a break they have? and why are new characters shunned aside, personally i don't care to ever see jake, helena, sheva, etc ever again, even tho they are more developed.

i would however love a game with the original four! or at least have all four in one merc game!

Rebecca is very much a main character to me, heck all the S.T.A.R.S members to me are main characters. This might just be because of S.D Perry's novels, but I see both Barry and Rebecca as main characters. Brad not so much.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#5IlDankoPosted 1/18/2013 12:09:22 PM
shagohad3 posted...
darkvoid2100 posted...

Rebecca is very much a main character to me, heck all the S.T.A.R.S members to me are main characters. This might just be because of S.D Perry's novels, but I see both Barry and Rebecca as main characters. Brad not so much.

God i wish the movies were based on her books... That would just be awesome
---
"-F*** you -F*** You! -F*** YOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *pukes acid*"
PSN: Dan21993
#6shagohad3Posted 1/18/2013 12:49:01 PM
IlDanko posted...
shagohad3 posted...
darkvoid2100 posted...

God i wish the movies were based on her books... That would just be awesome

I really wish Capcom had made Caliban Cove and Underworld canon to the games...
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#7edward18Posted 1/18/2013 1:07:55 PM
I never saw the "original 4" as the only main characters.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#8tevin1569Posted 1/18/2013 1:17:11 PM
I don't see what you see..I mean they're orginal to the classics but we've had other main characters...which are orginal from the game they came from.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#9DarkD3stinyPosted 1/18/2013 2:17:15 PM
Leon and Claire are not original re main characters, they were not in re1. Can someone please explain to me why Wesker keeps not being included in the main characters selection? why is Claire a main character but Wesker is not? how did Claire carry the re franchise more than Wesker? Im starting to believe people are trolling to wind up Wesker fans.
#10DarkD3stinyPosted 1/18/2013 2:25:36 PM
There are six main re characters but if people only want to name four then Claire wouldn't be listed, Wesker would. It would be Chris, Leon, Jill and Wesker not Claire.