How about a Co-Op Resident Evil 1 ?

#11badjab326Posted 1/19/2013 9:43:47 AM
TMW001 posted...
Hector_Kisaragi posted...
I thought they already did for the DS. It was Called Deadly Silence or some junk like that.

I recall that and you could also play as the other S.T.A.R.S. like Forest.

yep. Always wanted to try out co-op but I never got a chance to.
---
TTT2-Bruce & Bryan; UMvC3-Frank/Deadpool/Nems; MK9-Reptile
#12TMW001Posted 1/19/2013 10:05:02 AM
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
I think RE1 is a good example of why coop doesn't work in horror. Most rooms only have like 2-3 enemies max and some don't have any at all. Playing with a buddy in a game that barely has any enemies to shoot at wouldn't be much fun and it would take away from the horror experience.

unless they allowed players to explore the mansion more freely like how File Outbreak let players explore more.
#13guiltyslayerPosted 1/19/2013 11:26:39 AM
RE1 was originally designed to be a co-op game in its early beta days, so it's possible. They didn't go through with it because it would've required 2 playstations and 2 TVs to make it possible.
#14XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 1/19/2013 5:31:09 PM
guiltyslayer posted...
RE1 was originally designed to be a co-op game in its early beta days, so it's possible. They didn't go through with it because it would've required 2 playstations and 2 TVs to make it possible.

Nah I think what had happened was when they were designing it they realized about halfway thru that horror and co op don't mix so they scrapped it. :) Makes sense to me.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#15WhitevicePosted 1/19/2013 6:01:57 PM
I want them to give the Raccoon City incident the RE6 treatment. RE2 and 3 spread across multiple interactive campaigns between Jill & Carlos, and Leon and Claire.

Ada should be like she is in RE6, lingering between campaigns.

Hunk COULD be added. Though connect him indirectly to the heroes. Only person that could/should know of his existence would maybe be Ada. I'm not saying to make either of the two co-op. But he should definitely aid or hinder the other campaigns based around the decisions he and the others make without actually interacting with one another.

RE6 definitely proved it can be done and in my opinion it makes a great storytelling medium.

But there needs to be more RE2 like consequences for what you grab, doors you unlock, weapons you take, etc. etc.

Plus it's been a pipe-dream of mind to see a proper link between RE2 and RE3. Jill's journey through the RPD building is quite different and detached from Leon's and Claire's. I'd like to see both games become one all-encompassing game.

I, for one, wouldn't mind if they made subtle changes, (or even drastic ones!) just as long as they do it in the spirit of Resident Evil.

Operation Raccoon City.... didn't hit that. It was too sandboxy and Left for Dead like.