Which EX3 costume you gertting first and why so much hate on them?

#1coolmig01Posted 1/18/2013 4:15:55 PM
Leon is a first for me. I think the costumes are awesome, so i've been saving my points for them. Have two left to purchase from the EX2 ones, Jake (ew) and Piers (why???).

Don't get why people hate the Retro costumes so much. I think their great! i thought all of the EX2 customes were just plain terrible, except Pirate Leon. Samurai Chris and Ada's white dress.
---
Excited for RE6? add me! PSN: coolmig01
#2Hawke0Posted 1/18/2013 4:16:48 PM
Retro costumes>all
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#3BasementDudePosted 1/18/2013 4:18:54 PM
chris
---
number of e-huggies received today: 27,950
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 216,984,951
#4zombiabsolPosted 1/18/2013 4:26:26 PM
ada, leon, piers or sherry first
---
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6
#5SamA7XPosted 1/18/2013 4:29:59 PM
Leon for me, brings back memories of blowing up zombies with the custom remington >:D
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
(the "I" in "VII" is a capital "i" not a undercase "L")
#6ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/18/2013 4:56:28 PM(edited)
I only care about Chris & Leon's alts. So I'll be gunning for those.

Why the hate? Because a handful of people who love crisp, detailed polygons would rather have the RE6 models in these costumes instead of blocky 32-bit pixels running around.

For some folks the cosmetics of the graphics do hold substantial integrity to the core design. So seeing old ass PSX characters run around in these detailed landscapes can be offputting & out of place for the biggest graphical enthusiasts.

However that crowd does need to lighten up a bit. It's called a "retro" pack for a reason & Capcom probably thought it was a good idea. Max Payne 3 did it as well. I hardly remembered fan complaints from those old Max skins. Then again RE6 wasn't that robust with the costume selection. Go figure, huh?
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#7KingVi3Posted 1/18/2013 5:26:05 PM
Because i hate them. it don't even look exactly like the ps1 version.
compare and you'll see why. PS1 block dont even look that blocky.
---
PLS
OnE_SwAG-i3
#8ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/18/2013 6:05:51 PM
^ I might've exaggerated that PSX presentation a little (RE1 Chris does look a tad bit like a block mesh in small parts of the abdomen then again, it's RE1) but my point stands. I'd rather have the current models in these costumes instead, I get what Capcom was going for though.
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#9siberian142Posted 1/18/2013 6:18:42 PM
Ada's and Sherry's. I don't care about the others, though I would get a Retro version of Carla if they included her.

People dislike them because they don't fit in well with the graphics. They're also potential lost opportunities; if Capcom decides to not make anymore costumes, we'd be stuck with the EX2 and EX3 costumes, both of which aren't that great. I'd much prefer the costumes fit the graphics style than to have them look like giant eyesores, though they do get points for originality.
#10tevin1569Posted 1/18/2013 7:23:49 PM
Everything will be hated on because not everyone feels the same, we all just have different taste and no ones taste is wrong or right, it's just what they like.

But anyway I'll be getting Sherry first, followed by Chris, Ada, Helena and then Leon..Piers and Jake look eh!
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)