This would be nice challenging for Re7

#1shippuden21Posted 1/19/2013 11:06:26 PM
would you like this for re7, if you get infected by virus from zombie or other monsters you need to cure your self before you turn into a zombie. The way you cure your self is to combine blue herb green herb the blue herb is limited. The second thing to add would be to bring back for re1 , 2 if your yellow health you walk slow but you can run red health you cant.
#2ManuMIASPosted 1/19/2013 11:48:12 PM
sounds annoying
#3xokennyxoPosted 1/20/2013 11:57:28 AM
Sounds tedious, but I would prefer harder and more complicated puzzles than health complications.

I also wouldn't mind more challenging bosses.
#4MallyPureSmoothPosted 1/20/2013 12:20:45 PM
Nah, doesn't sound good. The only things I want are tough enemies (tough enough to end your game in seconds if you're not careful), tough puzzles, and one lengthy campaign following 1 character.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#5The 1 ExecutionerPosted 1/20/2013 12:21:35 PM
This is very similar to the Outbreak series, which I wouldn't mind.
---
Resident Evil 6 High Scoring Mercenaries (PS3 & XBOX):
http://www.youtube.com/the1executioner
#6Dicer7Posted 1/20/2013 12:33:05 PM
Well, I think just having the main character being infected in the first place and having to seek out a cure would be interesting for the narrative. I would really like to see something like what the RE4beta was planning with Leon being infected with the Progenitor virus where it would effect gameplay to some degree. RE4 had him infected, too, but it was just totally forgettable except for a handful of cutscenes.

As much as I love Outbreak I don't think that exact system would lend itself well to a main title.
#7theotherpromisePosted 1/20/2013 2:54:57 PM
Wouldn't you really only need to use a green herb since I thought that the green herb had slight antiviral properties? Which is what was used to explain how even if you get bit by zombies in the early games, you don't turn since the game assumes you will use a green herb at some point to counteract the effect.

Though it would be interesting that if you do get infected with the T-virus you will slowly lose health unless you use a green herb, which would then halt the health loss. It also could be that since the C-virus seems stronger you would have to mix in a blue herb in order to counter its effect.

I am not familiar with the Outbreak series so I don't know if whether or not what I described was what was used in that series.
#8Ertrick36Posted 1/20/2013 6:04:34 PM
shippuden21 posted...
would you like this for re7, if you get infected by virus from zombie or other monsters you need to cure your self before you turn into a zombie. The way you cure your self is to combine blue herb green herb the blue herb is limited. The second thing to add would be to bring back for re1 , 2 if your yellow health you walk slow but you can run red health you cant.

Someone proposed this before, except only he had further details on other gameplay aspects, and it wasn't targeted toward the seventh Resident Evil number title. He proposed an RPG idea to take place back in Raccoon City, which I thought would have been an interesting change of pace in theory, though I couldn't really imagine it working well under the hands of Capcom (don't know why; I guess I just haven't really played any RPG's made by Capcom).

Your idea probably could work, though a lot of people would get agitated and proclaim it "the worse RE yet". Shame how there are actually people who resent challenge... they must've not gotten far in life at all...
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#9Ertrick36Posted 1/20/2013 6:39:30 PM
theotherpromise posted...
Though it would be interesting that if you do get infected with the T-virus you will slowly lose health unless you use a green herb, which would then halt the health loss. It also could be that since the C-virus seems stronger you would have to mix in a blue herb in order to counter its effect.

I am not familiar with the Outbreak series so I don't know if whether or not what I described was what was used in that series.

The Outbreak viral system is completely different than what anyone thus far has described (I haven't played it online, but I've had a fair share of offline play). In Outbreak (offline), you and two other survival teammates (by default) start off with an infection of %00.01, and it increases by approximately 0.02 percent every second (0.01 for Yoko the schoolgirl and 0.025-0.035 for Jim the Subway agent). This would give you approximately an hour and a half to beat the scenario you are in (you have five scenarios to pick from in both Outbreak games; in every scenario, you start at %00.01)... however, there's a catch: you have to avoid getting bitten, lest you want your viral gauge to go up faster. Attacks from enemies can bump your viral gauge up from anywhere between 0.10 to 3 percent.

The virus does not hurt you, however; instead, your health affects your viral gauge, and once it reaches %100, you're dead (from my understanding, once you reach %100 online, you can transform into a zombie for a short time). Also, if you get hurt enough, you will go into a crawling state, and your viral gauge will increase at a rate of approximately one-percent every second, so you don't have very long to get back up (using a healing item, which will bring you back into danger, where you will still limp). Another way you can die is from "instant deaths"; these range from the classic hunter decapitation to being crushed under the feet of an elephant. These rare occurrences can instantly kill your character (unless you either are equipped with Yoko's Buddhist charm or are using Mark's block [or you can just dodge it using the dodge move for Yoko, Cindy the Waitress, Alyssa the Journalist, Jim, or George the Physician, or just run away, since these attacks are fairly slow in execution]).

So yeah, the virus in Outbreak is completely different than what you explained. The cure to the virus comes more as a plot at the end of both games; you aren't able to cure it otherwise, but you can halt the process temporarily with either an anti-virus or an herb of any kind. Poison does not factor into the viral growth either... If this interests you, along with AI co-op where the death of your buddies doesn't end your game, classic RE gameplay/controls (fixed camera angles and whatnot, but with some improvements [another note: Outbreak File #2 was actually the first game to allow your character to walk and shoot, not RE6; that was for running and shooting]), a return to Raccoon City, a colorful (IMO) cast of NPC's (a lot of whom die), and the choice of 6 civilian characters (3 female, 3 male), a cop (male), and a security guard/Vietnam vet (obviously male), then you might want to try Outbreak. It can be rare to find it, but if you do, it can't be anymore than $10. File #2 might be tougher to track down, but my sister located both games just a couple years back, so it can't be impossible. I even wrote a review about it (I never really had much hope that someone would read it, though, since the game is almost ten years old).
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#10GoldsicklePosted 1/21/2013 12:52:50 AM
I was thinking that viral infection is only story-related on lower difficulties but is actually a gameplay mechanic in harder modes.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".