Showed my students Resident Evil: Damnation

#31dragonstar13Posted 1/21/2013 3:01:56 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
MonkeyKrazy07 posted...
..you're showing 2nd graders a Resident Evil movie, with all that swearing, violence, gore, and nudity? ..shame on you. >_____>

This. What the hell is wrong with you?

Because showing kids a poorly written animated movie with little to no good lines is the BEST way for Korean kids at age 6. Maybe he/she is planning to show them the Anderson movies next or Uwe Boll's movies.
---
Abel is probably to Xenosaga what Neo was to the Matrix. - archmageraist
Claimed Misha Arsellec Lune and Lyner Barsett
#32zeloswilder_fanPosted 1/21/2013 3:19:24 AM
You showed an RE movie to 1st-4th graders? God damn you.
---
"The dirac delta: the height of the discontinuity."
#33AnimesetsunaPosted 1/21/2013 3:25:59 AM
dragonstar13 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
MonkeyKrazy07 posted...
..you're showing 2nd graders a Resident Evil movie, with all that swearing, violence, gore, and nudity? ..shame on you. >_____>

This. What the hell is wrong with you?

Because showing kids a poorly written animated movie with little to no good lines is the BEST way for Korean kids at age 6. Maybe he/she is planning to show them the Anderson movies next or Uwe Boll's movies.

I wonder if it's really a good idea to show them the Anderson movies?
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa & Yui Ogura and wish to CALL THEM EVERYDAY
#34PSN_HolyCulturePosted 1/21/2013 3:43:13 AM
Do you really think showing 8-11 year old students that kind of material is ok? They're not even 8-11. They're American age 7-10. I don't get on a high horse often but as an American teaching in Korea myself I am quite upset about what you did. And obviously the parents of your kids will be too if they knew what you subjected their kids too. Let's propose a likely dialogue:
"mommy I had a nightmare."
"What about?"
"The tyrant was coming to get me."
"What's a tyrant?"
"A bad man in a movie my teacher showed me"
"What the fuuuuuuuuuu..."
You should get the idea. You're there to teach them English. They aren't your little buddies that you can talk about pop culture with. Are you so dense that you treat children like your friends? I'm sick of people who clearly aren't qualified to educate children come to this country and give other foreigners a bad name. Jerk.
#35AnimesetsunaPosted 1/21/2013 3:51:44 AM(edited)
I wonder what will Basement Dude says.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa & Yui Ogura and wish to CALL THEM EVERYDAY
#36longstorm555Posted 1/21/2013 6:08:36 AM
holy crap you guys like to overreact.

listen, showing these kind of stuff to kids? not a problem if they have a good education back at home.

i was shown this at age 5 by my own father. and yesd, i had nightmares but i didn't care because i wanted to play it. i liked the nightmares and the horror and the fear because it was fun!

besides, being shown this at such an early age toughed me up. it's extremely rare for me to be afraid/scared of horror movies, games, tv shows, stories. it's pretty hard for me to be scared at a regular basis, actually.

stop being such goody goodies. kids are not dumb. you sit them down and explain, they will understand.

if you don't learn these things when you're young, you not only gets left out of things, but you grow up without any preparation for things in life. straying away from talking to kids about horror games and what's real what's not, straying away from talking about important things is what leads them to one day find out about it on their own and do something bad because they think it's okay since no one bothered to explain to them it's not in the first place.
#37longstorm555Posted 1/21/2013 6:12:01 AM
PSN_HolyCulture posted...
Do you really think showing 8-11 year old students that kind of material is ok? They're not even 8-11. They're American age 7-10. I don't get on a high horse often but as an American teaching in Korea myself I am quite upset about what you did. And obviously the parents of your kids will be too if they knew what you subjected their kids too. Let's propose a likely dialogue:
"What about?"
"What's a tyrant?"
You should get the idea. You're there to teach them English. They aren't your little buddies that you can talk about pop culture with. Are you so dense that you treat children like your friends? I'm sick of people who clearly aren't qualified to educate children come to this country and give other foreigners a bad name. Jerk.

you're right, treating children like they're your friends and giving them trust to talk to you when something's not right so you can call their parents or take actions is such a horrid idea. tc is a monster! aaaahhhh!

pfft give me a break.

you can educate people without being an ass, you can educate children without scaring them to oblivion into thinking that if they don't obey you, they will get grounded, and if they don't take good grades, they will fail for the rest of their lives.

teacher did something nice. the best days back when i was in school was movie day. we were shown moulin rouge at one point. mouling rouge!

the result?

some girls cried, some boys laughed, half of it didn't understand, then we went back to our old selves because the next class was up.

stop being such a drama queen.
#38PyroSparkPosted 1/21/2013 6:36:21 AM
PSN_HolyCulture posted...
"What about?"
"What's a tyrant?"

This is why America is crazy with censorship.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#39IlDankoPosted 1/21/2013 7:03:29 AM
You should have shown them degeneration...
---
"-F*** you -F*** You! -F*** YOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *pukes acid*"
PSN: Dan21993
#40Hawke0Posted 1/21/2013 8:13:31 AM
You are the single greatest teacher ever.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.