For those who play The Mercenaries on a regular basis

#1Mitochondri0nPosted 1/20/2013 6:22:34 PM
Do you have a dedicated partner who you play exclusively for high scores? Or do you play with randoms, either by hosting or join somebody else game?

I'm beginning to find that playing for high score with randoms is a bit like winning a lottery. Or likewise, finding a decent partner to play for high score. Too many players, I encountered rage quit or don't know that Time Bonus + skill, means the person who equip the skill, must only break the time bonuses, delaying the hidden boss for the 150th kill etc.

I've seen some YouTube duo videos, and to my understanding, they all pretty much play with their dedicated partner. They don't play with randoms and that is how they were able to obtain high scores or break their personal scores.
#2KingVi3Posted 1/20/2013 6:28:16 PM
I played with randoms cuz all of my friends don't play games.
Sad..
---
PLS
OnE_SwAG-i3
#3MonkeyKrazy07Posted 1/20/2013 6:31:55 PM
I play alone.
---
Resident Evil (Remake) 'n' Haunting Ground are two of the best games ever made by Capcom.
#4reflega603Posted 1/20/2013 6:43:59 PM
Not really, I find it hilarious with the friends I made with randoms in High Score Hijinks and yet I never play with them again after that time period, they're still on my PSN friends list rotting. .
---
PSN name: reflega603.
#5GameCoderPosted 1/20/2013 7:02:28 PM
It depends for me. If I can't find any decent random online, I go solo. If I'm bored doing solo, I find a random or host games myself. Sometimes, my friends invite me to play Merc.
---
PSN: Whitemon, RE.net Nickname: Gamecoder -- add me please ^_^ (98/100 Site Buddies)
#6FranticFrenzyPosted 1/20/2013 8:00:30 PM
reflega603 posted...
Not really, I find it hilarious with the friends I made with randoms in High Score Hijinks and yet I never play with them again after that time period, they're still on my PSN friends list rotting. .

This.

I usually join/host games. If someone on my friend list invites me for a session,
I'll join. I don't ask others because I feel like i'm intruding.
---
"Demon Fang! Demon Fang! -new skill-
Damn, I must be a genius! DOUBLE Demon Fang! -Zelos Wilder
#7levyjl1988Posted 1/20/2013 9:36:05 PM
I play with randoms too. Surprisingly it seems that I encounter a lot of female gamers with mics.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#8921soraPosted 1/20/2013 9:38:41 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
I play with randoms too. Surprisingly it seems that I encounter a lot of female gamers with mics.

...giggity...
---
Seriously... all of these flames are amusing that it's fun to be trolled nowadays, FLAME MORE EVERYONE! THEY ARE FUN! Official Laguna's Ragnarok Cannon of TGAE!
#9RekoisCoolPosted 1/20/2013 9:41:32 PM
levyjl1988 posted...

Cybersex'em?
#10dodgekk9Posted 1/20/2013 10:58:47 PM(edited)
If I am recording videos for my channel, then yes, I have dedicated partners.

For high scores, my dedicated partners and PSN friends are my first priority because its nearly hard to get high scores with either the randumb person who burns his or her magnum on a regular zombie OR the person with the high score who rage-quits if the combo or secret boss dies on the first try and fail to realize that holding certain bosses (specifically Napad on Urban Chaos) is a pain in the...

If I want to practice other possible Merceanries mains or just want to "Play for Fun," I'll join a random lobby.
---
http://www.youtube.com/platinumphalanges - My Youtube channel. / PSN: PressStart101