New Plot For Another Outbreak

#1xokennyxoPosted 1/21/2013 4:33:26 PM
I realized that since RE6 is basically Raccon City 2.0, that Capcom can make another RE Outbreak with either Tall Oaks setting or China.

Nay or yay?
#2LucarioFan4EverPosted 1/21/2013 5:29:43 PM
I would play it.Outbreak 1 and 2 are underrated gems.
---
Not changing this signature until Resident Evil 6 Versus comes to PS3.
#3xokennyxo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 6:42:19 PM
LucarioFan4Ever posted...
I would play it.Outbreak 1 and 2 are underrated gems.

Right! I thought that they were different and great to show the citizens of RC that can survive.

If Outbreak 3 does happen, it'll look so great with the new mechanics and graphics.
#4MonkeyKrazy07Posted 1/21/2013 6:44:19 PM
Lol, more like it'd be another Operation Raccoon City, no thanks, I'd rather not have Capcom butcher Outbreak, let it die, at least it'd die honorably. -_-;
---
Resident Evil (Remake) 'n' Haunting Ground are two of the best games ever made by Capcom.
#5GoldsicklePosted 1/21/2013 9:11:20 PM
What gave Raccoon City some depth in Outbreak is due to Umbrella's presence being etched in Raccoon City, such as a hospital controlled by Umbrella and secret labs hidden all over.

Maybe for a Tall Oaks Outbreak game, the protagonists uncover hidden facilities owned by Simmons or The Family.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#6Ertrick36Posted 1/22/2013 12:16:30 AM
I'd like that. I'd love to see either a return of some of the same characters, or the introduction to some new civilian characters. Since it's been 14 years since the original Outbreak, I could only really imagine Alyssa, Cindy, Jim, Kevin, and Yoko actually being young enough to still fight and get into trouble. If they were to be joining the fight in Tall Oaks, Capcom could just say that they all decided to move to that place; either that, or they could stir things up by having them be more involved with the events and Umbrella (not necessarily in a negative way, like them joining Umbrella). An introduction to some more characters would be a nice refreshment from your usual grunts too. Especially if they're civilian.

If they did use civilians, I really can't see the game becoming an ORC. The reason is because the game was largely action and paramilitary based. You had a lot of elements put in, such as loadouts and sorties, that just aren't possible for civilians. It'd be really odd if they made it so that civilians actually got together at some HQ and had sorties with high command, or if they were extracted after every scenario by a military chopper. It'd be so difficult to remove the survival-horror aspect when your entire main cast is a bunch of ordinary citizens without making it completely unrealistic. In fact, I don't think that it's even possible, and I don't want Capcom to try and see if it actually is possible. They'll either ignore the request or they'll actually make it the way we might want it to be made...
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#7xokennyxo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:21:49 AM
Ertrick36 posted...
I'd like that. I'd love to see either a return of some of the same characters, or the introduction to some new civilian characters. Since it's been 14 years since the original Outbreak, I could only really imagine Alyssa, Cindy, Jim, Kevin, and Yoko actually being young enough to still fight and get into trouble. If they were to be joining the fight in Tall Oaks, Capcom could just say that they all decided to move to that place; either that, or they could stir things up by having them be more involved with the events and Umbrella (not necessarily in a negative way, like them joining Umbrella). An introduction to some more characters would be a nice refreshment from your usual grunts too. Especially if they're civilian.

If they did use civilians, I really can't see the game becoming an ORC. The reason is because the game was largely action and paramilitary based. You had a lot of elements put in, such as loadouts and sorties, that just aren't possible for civilians. It'd be really odd if they made it so that civilians actually got together at some HQ and had sorties with high command, or if they were extracted after every scenario by a military chopper. It'd be so difficult to remove the survival-horror aspect when your entire main cast is a bunch of ordinary citizens without making it completely unrealistic. In fact, I don't think that it's even possible, and I don't want Capcom to try and see if it actually is possible. They'll either ignore the request or they'll actually make it the way we might want it to be made...

My thoughts exactly! It'll be so hard to take survival horror out of it when they're just regular, everyday people with no experience with fighting or weapons.

If Capcom does decide to open Outbreak series again, then Tall Oaks or China has the right setting to do it in, though Tall Oaks sounds better because of zombies versus J'avo, but who knows. They could make different scenarios in both areas.
#8largerockPosted 1/22/2013 7:45:24 AM(edited)
LucarioFan4Ever posted...
Not changing this signature until Resident Evil 6 Versus comes to PS3.

I have a very slight similar signature.....

*Cries in corner*
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#9Crimson_RexPosted 1/22/2013 8:24:14 AM
Have civilians be the characters, have the be either residents of Tall Oaks or Lanshiang. The latter would be better for a 'longer' journey.
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#10squiggy9996999Posted 1/22/2013 8:30:21 AM
outbreak in china: i'd buy it. well, i still haven't bought RE6 so maybe not...nut that's because i bought racoon city and one mediochre RE game per year is my limit.