Happy 15th anniversary to Resident Evil 2

#51DetBeauregardPosted 1/24/2013 7:18:21 PM
_Shuyin_ posted...
I felt RE2 Leon was pretty dull in terms of personality. He was the steretypical "hero" character that you can find in a lot of games. I mean, sure, we like the guy because he's a good person and takes his duty as a cop seriously - but he's still a cutout of a "White Knight" character.

RE4 Leon was simply entertaining to watch. I liked how he was confident and used smartass remarks to infuriate his enemies so they'd let down their guard. I think people miss that he intentionally said stupid one-liners to upset his enemies so they'd break their cool. Just compare Salazar's composure from his introduction to just before his boss battle. You can even tell Saddler was getting annoyed by Leon's smartmouthing as well, although he held it together much better than Salazar did.

I honestly don't see how anyone can honestly say they "ruined" Leon's character in RE4, when he barely had any character in RE2.

This. This, so very much.
#52IlDankoPosted 1/24/2013 7:28:36 PM
_Shuyin_ posted...

I think people miss that he intentionally said stupid one-liners to upset his enemies so they'd break their cool. Just compare Salazar's composure from his introduction to just before his boss battle. You can even tell Saddler was getting annoyed by Leon's smartmouthing as well, although he held it together much better than Salazar did.

Well, who wouldn't?? XD
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#53Syn_VengeancePosted 1/24/2013 7:37:00 PM
IlDanko posted...
_Shuyin_ posted...

I think people miss that he intentionally said stupid one-liners to upset his enemies so they'd break their cool. Just compare Salazar's composure from his introduction to just before his boss battle. You can even tell Saddler was getting annoyed by Leon's smartmouthing as well, although he held it together much better than Salazar did.

Well, who wouldn't?? XD

This^ leons jokes got old halfway into the game
---
Currently playing: Resident evil 6, need for speed most wanted 2013, Devil May Cry 2013, borderlands 2
#54ZeroX2010Posted 1/24/2013 8:17:23 PM(edited)
PyroSpark posted...
ZeroX2010 posted...
Was RE4 the first game you played in the series?

Nope. Was RE2 yours? :3

Resident Evil:Director's Cut was.

I might as well add my thoughts on the whole RE2 Leon vs. RE4 Leon debate. I liked him in 2 more because he wasn't so overconfident. As someone else said, they made him (and Ada) into Dante stand-ins for the series. If I wanted characters like that, I'd play DMC instead. If it wasn't for Chris, I would have given up on this series story-wise.

But, you know... to each his own opinion, right?
#55IlDankoPosted 1/24/2013 8:08:58 PM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
IlDanko posted...
_Shuyin_ posted...

Well, who wouldn't?? XD

This^ leons jokes got old halfway into the game

Leon: "your right hand comes off?"
Me: "No... But your head does" *proceeds to let him be decapitated by a novistador*
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#56ravenscourgePosted 1/24/2013 8:50:57 PM
Best RE game ever and the 2nd best/my 2nd favorite game of all time.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3
#57AnimesetsunaPosted 1/24/2013 8:52:01 PM
I want TDC Leon personality for RE2 remake.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa & Yui Ogura and wish to CALL THEM EVERYDAY