Is it that hard to think about the Chapter Select /stage select and QTE help...

#1ShinWeskerPosted 1/22/2013 3:46:16 AM
...while DEVELOPING your games?

I am pretty sure the game would have gotten better reviews WITH the QTE action help enabled and the stage select.

Those things don't take a genius to figure out and should have been shipped with the game.

Oh well, at least we got them now via Patch...
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#2BillysanPosted 1/22/2013 4:07:08 AM(edited)
Well no one really complained much about the QTE's when RE5 was released so they didn't prioritize making them automatic or avoiding them.

There's already a stage select..the dev time was sped up near the end of the project they probably didn't get enough feedback that each chapter is to long.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#3ShinWesker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 4:18:30 AM
Billysan posted...
Well no one really complained much about the QTE's when RE5 was released so they didn't prioritize making them automatic or avoiding them.

There's already a stage select..the dev time was sped up near the end of the project they probably didn't get enough feedback that each chapter is to long.

I was refering to the individual stage select, obviously I know about Chapter Select.

Well, RE5 had a few QTE but this one went overboard. And mostly, they are pretty "unfair", since you watch a scene and SUDDEN cheap quicktimes. Just remove that garbage. Nobody likes QTEs.
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#4BillysanPosted 1/22/2013 4:29:23 AM
ShinWesker posted...
Billysan posted...

I was refering to the individual stage select, obviously I know about Chapter Select.

Well, RE5 had a few QTE but this one went overboard. And mostly, they are pretty "unfair", since you watch a scene and SUDDEN cheap quicktimes. Just remove that garbage. Nobody likes QTEs.

It's still was a form of level select. The only issue is that they didn't realize that some levels go on for almost an hour. The sub chapter stuff is mainly just a way to get around a chapter faster which is really nice for co-op.

RE5's QTE's was almost nothing but QTEs right after a cut-scene. RE6 does that less so instead it's incorporated more into the level design.

Before RE6, reviewers and fans weren't so clear that they did not want QTEs anymore. I'd imagine we'll be seeing less of them after RE6 lol.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#5656stoogePosted 1/22/2013 4:43:54 AM
Hopefully we never see them again. At all. I'd rate this game a full 2 points higher without them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#6squiggy9996999Posted 1/22/2013 7:29:09 AM
"Well no one really complained much about the QTE's when RE5 "

what game reviews were you reading? all the people i played with hated it and tons of reviews complained too.

btw, did they ever patch in some form of character select (with characters from other chapters)? first time here in a month, just checking becausei won't buy this game unless i can play it the way i want.
#7SSJ_JinPosted 1/22/2013 7:35:14 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...
"Well no one really complained much about the QTE's when RE5 "

what game reviews were you reading? all the people i played with hated it and tons of reviews complained too.

btw, did they ever patch in some form of character select (with characters from other chapters)? first time here in a month, just checking becausei won't buy this game unless i can play it the way i want.

There were hardly any quicktimes in RE5, way less than RE4. I found myself disappointed at how many times I could have just left the controller on the ground in RE5 because I thought that I would have to push something.

Now RE6, on the other hand, while I don't hate them I did find quite a few cheap.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#8squiggy9996999Posted 1/22/2013 8:28:16 AM
what about my character select question? is it in yet lol?

"There were hardly any quicktimes in RE5,"

true, but QTEs were big in RE4 and by the time 5 came out people were already calling it lazy programming. and now we're 8 years (feels longer) later and it's still there.

they don;t want to do a cutscene so they add a button because they think we're so stupid that we will think we are playing and not watching a stupid cutscene. ;)

i really think i could have used more "Stupids" in there...
#9DreamCast_RocksPosted 1/22/2013 9:56:54 AM
Most critics praised RE4's frequent QTEs which were 10 times more annoying, punishing and harder. Some even preferred the term 'interactive cinamatic sequences'! And no one complained about endless QTEs God of War series had. So, how the hell would Capcom have known?
#10squiggy9996999Posted 1/22/2013 10:53:31 AM
^because they were new at the time.

it's like drum and bass music (and soon dubstep) - everyone loves it when it comes out and a year later nobody wants it. but at least music goes away when nobody wants to hear it. stupid game devs with no ideas are stuck doing the same crap over and over.