what type of resident evil fan are you?

#21IlDankoPosted 1/23/2013 12:27:12 PM
edward18 posted...
Classic style. A numbered series should never change how it plays in my opinion.

What if CV played like 4?
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#22ravenscourgePosted 1/23/2013 12:27:18 PM
edward18 posted...
Classic style. A numbered series should never change how it plays in my opinion.

Easily the stupidest thing I've read all day.

Do you have ANY idea how stale Resident Evil had gotten before they changed it up with 4?

Easily the stupidest thing I've read all day.

Do you have ANY idea how stale stupid comments like these are? We don't give a f*** how you feel about it, because it was nowhere close to stale for me, as well as a lot of us. They could update the graphic engines, sounds, add new characters, even controls without changing every single thing about how the game played to pander to a new audience. If it ended up not selling enough to make a new one, so be it. Perhaps it would be better that way. At least then we could say "man I like RE" and converse with each other without having to clarify "what kind of RE fan are you?" with irritating new fans that have no appreciation for where more than half the series came from in the first place.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3
#23Spider5800Posted 1/23/2013 12:35:11 PM
I prefer a mix. I'd actualy argue 4 is more mixed like Revelations, it's not really balls-to-the-walls action like RE6 and ORC were until maybe the last few chapters. Would not mind them bringing back the classic fixed-camera style from the original games though, REmake is one of my favorite games from the GC/PS2 era.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#24edward18Posted 1/23/2013 11:57:29 PM

What if CV played like 4?

That'd be fine since it's not a numbered title.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#25Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/24/2013 12:00:42 AM
Ideally, I'd like a game somewhere between 4 and REV. 4 gets a little too action-y at the end, and REV drags on a bit with the "Survival Elements".
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#26Missable_ItemPosted 1/24/2013 12:02:24 AM
I'm old school, but i still enjoy the newer games to an extent.

PSN ID: False_Sheva-BSAA
#27MonkeyKrazy07Posted 1/24/2013 12:15:50 AM
I'm 21, and prefer the older games, first time playing the first three classic games was 2011, my first Resident Evil game in general was 0, back when I was a Nintendo fan, loved it..years later I bought Outbreak, amazing experience, then later got 4, and loved that to death. ^-^ ..the rest is history, I love all games, but definitely prefer the older ones, Mercenaries mode is amazing, and crazy addictive, play it more than the story. XD
---
Resident Evil (Remake) 'n' Haunting Ground are two of the best games ever made by Capcom.
#28DetBeauregardPosted 1/24/2013 12:22:38 AM
I like both styles, but I sure as hell don't think Revelations is a "mix of both styles." It's much more the newer style.
#29shotymePosted 1/24/2013 12:28:58 AM
I would say no longer a fa but I do love them up to 5 not saying 6 was terrible. I prefer old and Im giving Capcom a shot at redemption with REmake 2..if not then I shall send my minions(Wesker,Doom with Missile assist, and Zero to do what must be done...)..mwha..mwa..hahamwahahahaha!
---
Playing-SSF4,SF3,P4A,TTT2,Xenoblade Chronicles,NCAA FB 13,WWE 13,NBA 2k13,ME Trilogy,Persona 2
Waiting-Ni no Kuni,Shin Megami Tensei IV,Dead Space 3,Persona 5
#30sbn4Posted 1/24/2013 12:37:56 AM
A fan who likes and hates things in both styles, but can objectively say what he does and doesn't like without getting overbearing and annoying
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."