Simmon's doesn't make sense to me.. *spoilers*

#1ShinWeskerPosted 1/23/2013 1:37:07 PM
If you don't read the files, he makes even less sense.

So, he loves Ada for some reason and wants to make her his queen, but of course, he has to clone her because the real one would never love him or whatever.

Then he is part of the ILLUMINATI , and just for MURIKA he doesn't want the president to spill the beans about Raccoon City? WHAT ?

That has to be the shallowest reason and motive I have ever heard...

He just sucks...
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#2DecaprePosted 1/23/2013 1:45:46 PM
This whole game's story was just poorly written...
still a fun game of course.
---
I've been told my love for Chun-Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
#3Miku_369Posted 1/23/2013 1:53:57 PM
I thinks Simmons was a character that Capcom wanted you to hate and I do hate him, over 82,000 people are dead because of him.
---
"Nano peptide paste; still better than Roses cooking."
"Physics and biology are being mean to me!"
#4SolidStryderPosted 1/23/2013 2:13:22 PM
ShinWesker posted...

So, he loves Ada for some reason and wants to make her his queen, but of course, he has to clone her because the real one would never love him or whatever.

Then he is part of the ILLUMINATI , and just for MURIKA he doesn't want the president to spill the beans about Raccoon City? WHAT ?

He just sucks...

Pretty sure the documents you unlock cover Ada working with him since before the Raccoon City incident, as well as the fact he used the incident to gather research data on BOWs to evaluate their use in combat before personally pushing the administration to destroy the city in an attempt to cover up his own involvement as well as Umbrellas. Pretty sure spilling the beans would end up exposing his own role in the outbreak and substantial loss of life that led to the destruction of an entire city by the government.
#5ShinWesker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:19:56 PM
SolidStryder posted...
ShinWesker posted...

He just sucks...

Pretty sure the documents you unlock cover Ada working with him since before the Raccoon City incident, as well as the fact he used the incident to gather research data on BOWs to evaluate their use in combat before personally pushing the administration to destroy the city in an attempt to cover up his own involvement as well as Umbrellas. Pretty sure spilling the beans would end up exposing his own role in the outbreak and substantial loss of life that led to the destruction of an entire city by the government.

Oh they do? I don't have all emblems yet with Ada.

But still... why can't they explain that kind of stuff DURING the game? It's like FF13 where nothing gets explained unless you read it in the frickin' database.
---
#6xXxAgentAdaxXxPosted 1/23/2013 2:21:16 PM
If you read the files, it does actually make sense. It's still a poor story overall. You can tell Capcom wanted something deep and full of twists but they had a mess. The game is a lot of fun, though.
---
Formerly known as xXxAdaxXx.
#7Starsoul_klrPosted 1/23/2013 2:33:52 PM
They really need to stop rely on the documents to tell the story if you can't read them in game or better yet when you find one have a narrator begin reading it during the gameplay.

The Family is a really good antagonist organization added to Resident Evil and even with Simmon's Death they would still be around. With only one playthrough you won't understand Derek's motives and that's what hurts him character-wise. I hope however with any prequel games we see more of Simmons and of Adam Benford there's much to do with these characters.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Starsoulklr
I'm an Ultra Nerd for Video Games so see what I've got for viewing.
#8ShinWesker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 2:39:22 PM
Starsoul_klr posted...
They really need to stop rely on the documents to tell the story if you can't read them in game or better yet when you find one have a narrator begin reading it during the gameplay.

The Family is a really good antagonist organization added to Resident Evil and even with Simmon's Death they would still be around. With only one playthrough you won't understand Derek's motives and that's what hurts him character-wise. I hope however with any prequel games we see more of Simmons and of Adam Benford there's much to do with these characters.

I think they should just drop the whole political issue. It just went to out of hand and all reasonable storyline. Now it's a world wide affair, involving different interest groups, even the frickin' president of the USA.
---
#9Dicer7Posted 1/23/2013 3:46:43 PM
I agree about dropping the politics. The Family also seems like a pretty bad idea to expand on imo (probably because their premise reminds me of the Patriots in MGS2). Unless Alex Wesker, Ada's Organization or a new Umbrella shows up in the next game I really doubt I'll care much for the plot or the antagonists.
#10SolidStryderPosted 1/23/2013 3:53:45 PM
ShinWesker posted...
SolidStryder posted...
ShinWesker posted...

He just sucks...

Oh they do? I don't have all emblems yet with Ada.

But still... why can't they explain that kind of stuff DURING the game? It's like FF13 where nothing gets explained unless you read it in the frickin' database.

I know, I figured he had some stake in the whole BOW situation but I didn't sit down and read through them until I unlocked all the emblems. Would have preferred getting all the emblems just unlock the figures, and the documents were in game so you could read them while progressing but I guess it would have been weird to have them lying around China. The infos in the game, they just did a poor job at giving you access to then.