Dead Space or RE6?

#1moonlithunterPosted 1/23/2013 7:23:00 PM
Just have to report the SAD truth.

I've loved the RE franchise since its PS1 days.... I played and enjoyed 1-5.... Then I heard RE6 wasn't what it should have been... watched a buddy play it a bit when I was stoned, then I ended up borrowing it to try it out when I was in a clear state of mind.

I picked up Dead Space that night to see if that series was worth getting into......

So the next night I devote to playing RE6.... and I got sleepy mid way through Leons campaign.... The thrill that was present even in RE5 was just..... gone.

Not once did I feel even the slightest apprehension.

So I turned off the PS3, fired up and laughed myself silly to "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia ".

The next night- Dead Space. Started and ended at 8 o'clock.
The winner?

Good bye Resident Evil..... I'll always remember that red mixed with green is always better than just straight up green!
---
Basking in the red afterglow....
#2DetBeauregardPosted 1/23/2013 7:24:35 PM
moonlithunter posted...
So I turned off the PS3, fired up and laughed myself silly to "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia ".

It's all about Charlie.
#3moonlithunter(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:25:08 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
moonlithunter posted...

It's all about Charlie.

WILD CARD!!!!
---
Basking in the red afterglow....
#4MallyPureSmoothPosted 1/23/2013 7:26:07 PM
Dead Space is far better than RE6. I like RE6 but I got bored of it long before I ever got bored of a Dead Space game.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#5AndyDonoPosted 1/23/2013 7:30:39 PM
For me its

DS2 > RE5 = DS1 > RE4 = RE6

Too lazy to explain why.
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#6skermacPosted 1/23/2013 7:31:18 PM
I sold Dead Space after I got platinum trophy in a week. Nothing else to do with it. But I am still having fun with RE6 since day 1.
#7Coryo61827Posted 1/23/2013 9:46:01 PM
Yea I have to agree. Dead space seems to be becoming my new favorite horror game. I'm almost done with resident evil now. I'm gonna give the resident evil series one more chance to release a game that impresses me but if its anything like resident evil 6, I will officially be done with it which makes me sad cause resident evil was my favorite series for a long time.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#8SonicNashPosted 1/23/2013 9:47:03 PM
Dead Space was never good to begin with...
#9Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/23/2013 10:18:56 PM
Uhh... Dead Space 3 makes all the same mistakes as 6, but worse.

QTE's, fights against gunmen, crap camera, dragging cutscenes.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#10AnimesetsunaPosted 1/23/2013 11:01:26 PM
I tried DS3 demo but I still prefer to play RE6.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa & Yui Ogura and wish to CALL THEM EVERYDAY