So I heard a crazy classic fan say why he liked the old games more

#21edward18Posted 1/24/2013 6:55:16 PM
....you know there's lock-on right?...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#22SolidStryderPosted 1/24/2013 6:57:20 PM
PyroSpark posted...
"The fixed camera angles were great. They made it scary because you can't see what's a ahead of you."

So if they made the camera angles normal, it wouldn't be scary?

"Yeah, it's not scary if you can see."

And THAT is a nostalgia-addict.

Well, I was always paranoid whenever I entered a new room and the first camera angle was one directly infront of my character, facing the door I just came in through lol. Some people like it, some people like it. You're as likely to change their opinions as they are to change yours, and odds are they feel the same way about your stance on the issue. To me the first two REs stand out because you're thrust into an isolated building surrounded by danger, ammo and saves are limited, and you just get the feeling that even though you've run through this part of the building countless times before, something might be waiting for you.

The gameplay and structure changed drastically in RE4, shifting the focus from puzzles and exploration of an environment to an actively progressing story with a stronger emphasis on narrative. I still hold a grudge against 4, but I take it for what it is now and I enjoyed the last 2 games.
#23XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 1/24/2013 6:58:01 PM
The camera angles did add suspense since you couldn't see all the way in front of you. In a way they did the same thing for RE that fog and darkness did for Silent Hill. Personally I like fixed cameras but as long as RE goes back to slow paced survival horror I don't care what camera or control style they use. Any remakes of 2 or 3 should use the classic cameras though.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#24longstorm555Posted 1/24/2013 7:23:20 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
Oh no, an opinion that differs from yours!

I don't think any RE game was ever "scary," but the older ones had a sense of immersion and atmosphere that the newer ones mostly lack. Playing through the RPD with behind-the-shoulder view, for example, would still be eerie.

i was playing re3 these days, and i'd have to agree with this.

nemesis is behind you. you can't see him, you can just hear him. you only see him when he's too close to you. the camera made all the difference there.

however, i like the normal camera too, and even though running from ustanak can't even be compared to running away from nemesis, it still gave me a bit of an adrenaline rush. the cave part, especially.

i think they ruined the fear factor from being chased by him with the ridiculous helicopter scene in the first chapter. a monster that big hanging from the helicopter shooting at you. that's not scary, that's dumb.

chapter two was really the only part with ustanak that was a bit scary/thrilling.
#25PrimeSupergirlPosted 1/24/2013 8:25:12 PM
ill just destroy the TC's stupid topic with this video. Pure facts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO4e0jSnEo
#26ravenscourgePosted 1/24/2013 8:29:15 PM
lol "only death" in RE was due to a camera angle. Sure buddy. Whatever.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3
#27AnimesetsunaPosted 1/24/2013 8:32:08 PM
Using knife with no damage in RE3...
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa & Yui Ogura and wish to CALL THEM EVERYDAY
#28skermacPosted 1/24/2013 8:42:22 PM
I also like the old games because you can't see around the corner, it's not scary but it made you jump when going around a corner and an enemy was there.

It's kinda fear if the unknown, not knowing what's around the next corner. Who wouldn't like that in a horror game? I guess those new to gaming and used to shooters.

Here is the thing, people that started playing RE games beginning with 4 hate the old camera angles. Those that grew up with it had nothing to compare it with. So we like old and new camera angles.
#29notrandomPosted 1/24/2013 8:43:17 PM
ravenscourge posted...

You are so butt hurt it is not even funny.
---
Say no to EA and Ubisoft's online passes. Say no to Capcom and Activision's scummy DLC ways. Say no to NISA's terrible and unfaithful localizations.
#30ravenscourgePosted 1/24/2013 8:47:36 PM
ravenscourge posted...

You are so butt hurt it is not even funny.

Cause I've seen only two posts by you ever now, and they both were full of so much fail it makes me cringe. Batting 1.000 on stupid. My ignore list grows and grows it seems.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3