So I heard a crazy classic fan say why he liked the old games more

#41XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 1/25/2013 1:30:01 PM
Lol hey it's not my word. I told him he should learn something new because he sounds like my kid nephew when he learned the word wiseacher and it was his favorite thing to say for like a week.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#42JunahuPosted 1/25/2013 1:58:12 PM
PyroSpark posted...
Like, I'm not gonna go and say "my favorite part of RE6 is this particular lightning fast QTE that killed me on my first try!"

My favourite part of RE6 was "Look, parachutes!"
#43GoldsicklePosted 1/25/2013 7:36:36 PM(edited)
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
Prerendered graphics are the best looking right? :)

Like I said, they are a technological hindrance.

2D images suck up memory more than textures of 3D models.
Sprite sets from Blazblue or Persona Arena takes up more RAM than the models of CoD.

Imagine how much RAM HD, full-screen prerendered backgrounds would suck from the processing, increasing loading times and screwing up streaming.
Current hardware and engines are optimized for 3D and streaming, so prerendered backgrounds are like throwing a wrench into a working machinery.

What, did you think that "with the hardware we have, flat 2D images would be easier to handle"?
Think again.

Also, prerendered backgrounds limits gameplay, meaning no modern mechanics like over the shoulder aiming or the basic action of being able to look around.

When I say "prerendered backgrounds are a technological hindrance", I know what I'm talking about.
You on the other hand, don't know s***.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#44XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 1/27/2013 2:33:41 AM
Aw, someone doesn't like having their favorite word thrown back in their face huh? Enjoy your lousy 3d backgrounds, luddite, while I stick to my better looking photorealistic prerendered backgrounds, luddite. :)
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#45GoldsicklePosted 1/27/2013 8:13:40 PM
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
Aw, someone doesn't like having their favorite word thrown back in their face huh? Enjoy your lousy 3d backgrounds, luddite, while I stick to my better looking photorealistic prerendered backgrounds, luddite. :)

Bad try, seriously.

Sticking to outdated prerendered backgrounds, without understanding it's limitations is what Luddites will do.
"Photo-realism" doesn't change the fact that it's backwards, technically.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#46PyroSpark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:37:22 PM
Goldsickle posted...
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...

Bad try, seriously.

Sticking to outdated prerendered backgrounds, without understanding it's limitations is what Luddites will do.
"Photo-realism" doesn't change the fact that it's backwards, technically.

Yeah, pre-rendered backgrounds are definitely awful in this day and age.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7