Pretty pissed at Agent Hunt right now

#1HHHBK87Posted 1/24/2013 8:09:42 PM
While Capcom has made it so that there's no way to invite a friend to your campaign as an enemy, or for a player to search for a specific player, at least they have made these facts obvious. However, it seems Capcom went even further than that without telling us. A friend & I tried to circumvent the no-invite problem by creating (and searching on the Agent Hunt side) for specific criteria. The chances of someone having a game with all the same criteria on the same area as me is probably pretty low. Anyway, not once were we able to connect. The Agent Hunter always came up with no matches found, while the Campaigner sometimes had randoms joining him (which proved there wasn't an issue with the game being accessible). Then, I had a thought. Since my friend can't get into the game, and randoms can, could it be possible that Capcom made it so that friends can't join your campaign as an enemy period? I didn't think it was the case, but decided to test my theory anyway. I defriended the guy I was trying to play with, and then we once again tried to connect. It worked on the very first try. We even did a few more matches with it working everytime. I am now livid at Capcom. Making it so it's a pain in the ass to have your friends join as an enemy is one thing, but going out of your way to program the game so that your friends are physically unable to ever wind up in your game as an enemy? That's simply disgusting.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: LegendKillerRAB
Wii U Nintendo Account: LegendRAB
#2PyroSparkPosted 1/24/2013 8:20:53 PM
PS3 servers are broken, and no one plays on the 360 apparently. Capcom screwed up massively.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#3ZeeDoggePosted 1/24/2013 9:26:30 PM
I got avoided by the only Agent online tonight. Mostly because I kept killing him over and over in the same spot for almost an hour C:
#4Cartwheel_KickPosted 1/24/2013 10:45:42 PM
HHHBK87 posted...
I defriended the guy I was trying to play with, and then we once again tried to connect. It worked on the very first try

I'm inclined to believe you're right, that doesn't seem very coincidental...

I wonder if this explains the problem people have trying to set up intersections, twice now people have posted on this board that they tried to intersect the very same section with the very same settings with matching characters and both timers ran out. Maybe it's the same problem, they were Friends...

And if this is true, my reaction is the same: WTF? why? It makes little sense with Agent Hunt, even less with intersecting. I think you should post this on the capcom unity forums, kind of curious what response you would get over there...
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#5Miku_369Posted 1/24/2013 10:51:56 PM
You know this could be a bug. I doubt, despite all their shady practices, that Capcom would intentionally do something like this.
---
"Nano peptide paste; still better than Roses cooking."
"Physics and biology are being mean to me!"
#6BlueRamzaPosted 1/25/2013 12:24:54 AM
Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition and Asura's Wrath would like a word with you.

Nothing bad against RE6, but this really doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Capcom always had the worst interactions with there fans; out of all the game developers out there.

They make developers like Bioware and Bethesda look god like, when it comes to caring about there fans options and ability to interact with each other.

Heck NetherRealm Studios through Warner Bros cared more about there fans options when it came to mortal kombat 9.

It's really a shame that Capcom can't get there act together.
---
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
#7Hayato182006Posted 1/25/2013 2:58:41 PM
I tried doing an intersect/Agent Hunt session with a friend of mine with him removed on my friends list and I still couldn't join his sessions nor could we intersect. I had it searching for exactly the same settings that he had for Agent Hunt and it didn't find a single session. Same thing with the intersect. We had it start the countdown at roughly the same time and it still didn't work. I've also noticed that some people just don't show up in the lobby listing at all even though their game session is open for co-op.

I don't know what to make of it. Some people say the Xbox 360 version doesn't have any of these problems. I suppose the PS3 versions server is really gimped.
---
PSN: Hayato182004 | MHTri Name: H Man | ID: PEECKX | Hunter Rank: 51+ US Server
http://www.youtube.com/user/Hayato182004
#8KujaaPosted 1/25/2013 8:01:15 PM
You guys want to troll each other? Thats fine. The way that works for my friends and I is to start a game on co-op on-line solo. Have your friend search the co-op game and join once he finds it. It might take a few trys. Once he joins the game, both of you play for a little while, like one section and then who ever wants to troll leaves the game and search it as an agent hunter. Works for us with out fail at least.
#9HHHBK87(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 2:01:30 AM
So I tried to play a different area with my friend again today (making sure he was defriended) and we weren't able to connect. I would say it's the servers, but I haven't had a problem playing Campaign coop with said friend once, so now I have no idea what's really going on.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: LegendKillerRAB
Wii U Nintendo Account: LegendRAB