If Capcom decided to reboot the Resident Evil series, like DMC, reactions?

#11VolcanoBoulderPosted 1/25/2013 9:32:39 AM
I'd welcome a reboot, but only if it wasn't half-assed. Meaning I wouldn't welcome a Capcom reboot. ;)
#12edward18Posted 1/25/2013 10:19:39 AM
Reboots shouldn't happen.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#13XdemonAlucardPosted 1/25/2013 10:36:35 AM
I'd like to see a fresh start. Start from the beginning with new survivors who don't already know what to do in a zombie outbreak.
---
"Gimme food good guy!"
#14gamestop27Posted 1/25/2013 1:23:19 PM
Only if they outsource it to Platinum Games and not some western developer.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~William Simms
#15xKazeruxPosted 1/25/2013 1:27:14 PM
Goldsickle posted...
As usual, play the game and judge it for what it is, not what I selfishly think it should be.

There's no such thing as a "rule" or "commandment" that a franchise has to obey.

Pretty much this.

I enjoyed the DMC reboot. Had a few complaints here and there and didn't like how Vergil turned out throughout the game, but I still had fun with it. I loved the old series and I love the new game.

That said, I don't mind where Resident Evil is going with RE6, I liked the game. I don't think I want a reboot.
---
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/KazimusPrime.png
#16jpv2000Posted 1/25/2013 5:21:56 PM
xKazerux posted...
That said, I don't mind where Resident Evil is going with RE6, I liked the game. I don't think I want a reboot.

^This^
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#17AnimesetsunaPosted 1/25/2013 6:36:21 PM
What is the most popular game in Capcom? RE or SF or others?
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa & Yui Ogura and wish to CALL THEM EVERYDAY
#18YunFang1130Posted 1/25/2013 7:58:59 PM
No reboot. They should finish the story first before deciding to reboot the series.
#19good_tobiPosted 1/26/2013 6:49:10 AM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
If someone else did it i probably wouldnt bother with it, if capcom themselves rebooted the series i would most likely check it out.

PyroSpark posted...
Honestly, ninja theory rebooted DmC in a hundred different horrible ways.

I can't see how RE could possibly be rebooted in such a way. RE6 was a great finale game though.

Animesetsuna posted...
Don't want. As long as Capcom reboot the RE themselves, then I don't mind.

YunFang1130 posted...
No reboot. They should finish the story first before deciding to reboot the series.

---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#20UltimateGeth39Posted 1/27/2013 5:50:54 AM
It would depend on who would be making the game really.

I also have to agree if they did a remake it should be with survivors who are not trained to deal with viral outbreaks and I think they should stick to just zombies maybe a mutated zombie here or there and then these big B.O.W's for boss battles I honestly did'nt care for the J'avo,majini, and ganado that much.