should i buy re1,2,3

#11UnknownWin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:28:31 AM
UnknownWin posted...
NorseLeaves posted...

Those were good games back then when they came out and its called classic games people are nostalgic to. I still play Mario for SNES or Sonic for GEN or secrets of mana. but I dont expect their graphic to be fantastic but still consider those games great. they are side scroller or fixed top view camera but gameplay-wise they are good. same thing with RE1,2,3. but my post above was kind of like a warning to you if you are a new fan. you should first see if you can play it. that is all. you cant expect classic games to have what current games have.

saw videos for it.
are they really scary?

I do not know since feeling fear or being scared is subjective evaluation. if you felt fear while playing one of those games, then it is scary. if not, then its not.

ok i think i'll buy one of the three RE games. just to give it a shot.
which one do u think i should get? it seems that re3 is the scariest becoz of the dude who always follows u.
what do u think?
#12good_tobiPosted 1/25/2013 12:00:32 PM
UnknownWin posted...
they r cheap in the psn store. should i buy them?

psn store price is really not worth, its better if you can find it somewhere else but yeah you should buy them if you haven't played any of them till now. Personally RE3 is best among them.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#13Neutron15Posted 1/25/2013 12:21:35 PM
buy Resident Evil 3
---
The Cycle Of Hatred Can Never Be Broken
Jigoku , Futakomori , Mitsuganae
#14kalibre16Posted 1/25/2013 12:30:47 PM
good_tobi posted...
UnknownWin posted...

psn store price is really not worth, its better if you can find it somewhere else but yeah you should buy them if you haven't played any of them till now. Personally RE3 is best among them.

With exception to the directors cut (seriously 10 dollars?) I found both 2 and 3 to be reasonably priced, after all you are paying for games that will never scratch, have faster loading times (since it doesn't have to read the disc), You can play on the go (If you have a PSP) and they have the manual (digital of course but at least its right there on the menu you don't even need internet to access it, which BTW should be how all games handle their manuals if they are so intent on not giving us one physically anymore.....RE6 I'm looking at you)

Honestly I wanna know where I can find a copy of RE2 or 3 complete with casing, unscratched disc and a manual for less than 5 dollars?

That said I'd go for 3 its a really great title not just because of nemesis (who BTW is pretty cool) but there's just so many mechanics introduced in that game that make it feel a lot more smooth primarily the 180 turn and the dodge mechanic, then you have ammo mixing, plus the randomizer can really throw you off, sometimes you got dogs jumping out of windows other times you get crows and there are times when you get nothing on that side but then somewhere else you get bombarded with zombies

Its also the first game to have "The mercenaries and unlike future installments this version actually has you saving people plus the graphics themselves are a big improvement over the first two, it still looks pixelated but I don't know it manages a smoother look plus the cutscenes are awesome

I could go on but you get the point
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#15MallyPureSmoothPosted 1/25/2013 12:32:08 PM
IlDanko posted...
UnknownWin posted...
NorseLeaves posted...

Those were good games back then when they came out and its called classic games people are nostalgic to. I still play Mario for SNES or Sonic for GEN or secrets of mana. but I dont expect their graphic to be fantastic but still consider those games great. they are side scroller or fixed top view camera but gameplay-wise they are good. same thing with RE1,2,3. but my post above was kind of like a warning to you if you are a new fan. you should first see if you can play it. that is all. you cant expect classic games to have what current games have.

saw videos for it.
are they really scary?

Not really... But they keep you really tense... Specially RE3 (imo)

Pretty much this, as you're constantly expecting a monster to jump you. Oh, and the suspense factor is really, REALLY high.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#16good_tobiPosted 1/25/2013 12:46:28 PM
kalibre16 posted...
good_tobi posted...
UnknownWin posted...

I found both 2 and 3 to be reasonably priced, after all you are paying for games that will never scratch, have faster loading times (since it doesn't have to read the disc), You can play on the go (If you have a PSP) and they have the manual

I bought RE2 since this and RE1 was the only game that I hadn't played before and really I was disappointed.Its not about being scratch,loading times etc its about the GAME itself, its really not worth the price. Just add 2-3 extra pounds to it and you can get a good PS3 game instead. Playing it in PS3 will be a mistake but its great for PSP and I often play this game while on train.

Honestly I wanna know where I can find a copy of RE2 or 3 complete with casing, unscratched disc and a manual for less than 5 dollars?

I have been searching a copy of RE3 for pc for months now. No luck yet.

That said I'd go for 3 its a really great title not just because of nemesis (who BTW is pretty cool) but there's just so many mechanics introduced in that game that make it feel a lot more smooth primarily the 180 turn and the dodge mechanic, then you have ammo mixing, plus the randomizer can really throw you off, sometimes you got dogs jumping out of windows other times you get crows and there are times when you get nothing on that side but then somewhere else you get bombarded with zombies

Its also the first game to have "The mercenaries and unlike future installments this version actually has you saving people plus the graphics themselves are a big improvement over the first two, it still looks pixelated but I don't know it manages a smoother look plus the cutscenes are awesome

yeah. Agree. RE3 is basically improved version of RE2. This is the only one to get from PSN store among those three.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#17MonkeyKrazy07Posted 1/25/2013 4:39:37 PM
Resident Evil 2 has some pretty good jump scares, I thought the first Resident Evil is kind of lame, not scary at all, Resident Evil (Remake) is much better, more rooms, more enemies, better scares, it's awesome.
---
Resident Evil (Remake) 'n' Haunting Ground are two of the best games ever made by Capcom.
#18UltimateSolPosted 1/26/2013 3:28:36 AM
UnknownWin posted...
I thought you didn't like horror.

since the new re game will be horror i think i need to live with it.
coz re7 might be like re revelations.

do u think i should get re1,2,3?

ahahaha i never knew this would happen :P
---
PSN: ultimatesolzero
#19UnknownWin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:38:31 AM
UnknownWin posted...
I thought you didn't like horror.

since the new re game will be horror i think i need to live with it.
coz re7 might be like re revelations.

do u think i should get re1,2,3?

ahahaha i never knew this would happen :P

what do u mean.