a question about this game's title.

#1NorseLeavesPosted 1/25/2013 6:07:32 AM
Some of you might know this or might not know but we all enjoyed this series whether this question has crossed your mind or not.

Why did they name this game Resident Evil in western countries?
I mean was there a valid reason to change its name from Biohazard to Resident Evil?
Was Biohazard offending or was it to prevent confusion since biohazard is a generally used term in labs?
and why did they choose Resident Evil? because residents are evil to main characters?
I was thinking about this the other day and could not figure out. so want your inputs on this.
#2IlDankoPosted 1/25/2013 6:12:24 AM
Because the residents of every city/country they go are evil?....

Idk
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#3NorseLeaves(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:14:26 AM
IlDanko posted...
Because the residents of every city/country they go are evil?....

Idk

I was thinking int hat direction too and thought it was prolly the simplest reason to come up with a game title....and choose that title over Biohazard.
#4Syn_VengeancePosted 1/25/2013 6:28:39 AM
Because outside japan they cant call the game biohazard because of a band with with the same name (which has it copy writed)
---
Currently playing: Resident evil 6, need for speed most wanted 2013, Devil May Cry 2013, borderlands 2
#5NorseLeaves(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:34:37 AM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Because outside japan they cant call the game biohazard because of a band with with the same name (which has it copy writed)

oh thats why. but do you know why they chose Resident Evil?
#6GoldsicklePosted 1/25/2013 6:41:06 AM
NorseLeaves posted...

The very first game revolved around a zombie-infested mansion, where most of the game took place.

Back then, it was fitting to call the game "Resident Evil".

Kinda like how Dragonball back then revolved around the titular Dragonballs but as the series progress, it almost has nothing to do with the Dragonballs but Fireballs being tossed all over.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#7DigimonTrainerPosted 1/25/2013 8:37:05 AM
NorseLeaves posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...

A bunch of people working on the team for the game brainstormed and threw out a bunch of names, Resident Evil being one of those names, and they all voted that Resident Evil was the best considering the nature of the game.
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#8Miku_369Posted 1/25/2013 8:55:35 AM
IIRC its also because they only intended to release the 1st game here and only the first one.
---
"Nano peptide paste; still better than Roses cooking."
"Physics and biology are being mean to me!"
#9CDuGPosted 1/25/2013 9:30:23 AM
DigimonTrainer posted...
NorseLeaves posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...

A bunch of people working on the team for the game brainstormed and threw out a bunch of names, Resident Evil being one of those names, and they all voted that Resident Evil was the best considering the nature of the game.

^This. Look it up. They acknowledge that the name didn't even really make sense to them. It just sounded cool.
#10NorseLeaves(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 9:39:48 AM
CDuG posted...
DigimonTrainer posted...
NorseLeaves posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...

^This. Look it up. They acknowledge that the name didn't even really make sense to them. It just sounded cool.

yup, read what Chris Kramer said and he even admits that Resident Evil sounds super-cheesy. There was band but also there was another game called biohazard too. hmm wonder what that games all about.