what if re was a first person game?

#1zombiabsolPosted 1/25/2013 6:50:49 PM
as in walking AND shooting in first person, from the very first re game. - Results (73 votes)
no
39.73% (29 votes)
yes
10.96% (8 votes)
first person sucks....
43.84% (32 votes)
i wish it was that way
5.48% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
no, not would you play it if it became a first person series, imagine the first re game you played or saw, and all others after that were in first person, but they were like that when they came out, so the controls didnt "change" .

do you think you would have played it
---
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6
#2dr_zombergPosted 1/25/2013 7:07:36 PM
lets ask RE survivor...
yeah
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
Iraq was very clearly going to be Iraq's first target --Choleric_Llama
#3MonkeyKrazy07Posted 1/25/2013 7:10:04 PM
I like being able to see my character, I like how it's done in Fatal Frame, since it's a camera obviously, but with a gun, I prefer third person.
---
Resident Evil (Remake) 'n' Haunting Ground are two of the best games ever made by Capcom.
#4ZeeDoggePosted 1/25/2013 7:11:32 PM
Combat might have actually been good since the first game. For modern RE, it would get rid of any camera problems. There really isn't any good reason to have a 3rd person camera other than showing off character models.
#5MissNayePosted 1/25/2013 7:44:40 PM
I hate FPS games and I stay away from them. I prefer third person games and I will not buy any FPS games.
---
PSN: Ladynaye
Xbox Live: MorigannaX
#6IlDankoPosted 1/25/2013 7:53:37 PM
MissNaye posted...
I hate FPS games and I stay away from them. I prefer third person games and I will not buy any FPS games.

This
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#7SolidStryderPosted 1/25/2013 8:04:10 PM
IlDanko posted...
MissNaye posted...

This

That sucks, missing a lot of great games. I honestly don't know if I would have played it, There's a large gap in my brain between Wolfenstein 3D/Doom and Medal of Honor back then. Wasn't really interested in PC games, and consoles didn't really have any stand out shooters. RE had 3d models and some pretty visuals back then, I just can't remember that far back to say if I had any specific preferences in gaming. It had zombies and a freaky atmosphere, so I was all over it lol
#8IlDankoPosted 1/25/2013 8:16:59 PM
SolidStryder posted...
IlDanko posted...
MissNaye posted...

This

That sucks, missing a lot of great games. I honestly don't know if I would have played it, There's a large gap in my brain between Wolfenstein 3D/Doom and Medal of Honor back then. Wasn't really interested in PC games, and consoles didn't really have any stand out shooters. RE had 3d models and some pretty visuals back then, I just can't remember that far back to say if I had any specific preferences in gaming. It had zombies and a freaky atmosphere, so I was all over it lol

Idk the only FPS i enjoyed was quake 2 and that was when i was like 8 xD... But now they are all the same thing with a different name (COD, BF, MoH) plus i dont really enjoy the first person camera... The only game with that type of gameplay that caught my attention lately was dishonored but i'm not really sure about getting it
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#9FeelAFearPosted 1/25/2013 8:39:18 PM
A first-person camera might be handy as a tool for getting a closer look at the environment or obscuring things from your view, but I personally find it irritating when it's the only camera option you have. TV screens and monitors give it a really unnatural "tunnel vision" feel. It's even worse when the action gets frantic.
#10ZeeDoggePosted 1/25/2013 10:01:07 PM
MissNaye posted...

This is the most random thing I have ever heard. TPS and FPS are the same damn genre