what if re was a first person game?

#11aFriendofaDevilPosted 1/25/2013 10:02:07 PM
MissNaye posted...
I hate FPS games and I stay away from them. I prefer third person games and I will not buy any FPS games.

---
...is a friend of mine
#12Neutron15Posted 1/25/2013 10:24:34 PM
like this one?

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4717330960943289&pid=15.1
---
The Cycle Of Hatred Can Never Be Broken
Jigoku , Futakomori , Mitsuganae
#13xChernobogxPosted 1/25/2013 10:33:58 PM
aFriendofaDevil posted...
MissNaye posted...
I hate FPS games and I stay away from them. I prefer third person games and I will not buy any FPS games.
#14AnimesetsunaPosted 1/25/2013 10:34:49 PM
Survivor is okay for me.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa & Yui Ogura and wish to CALL THEM EVERYDAY
#15SolidStryderPosted 1/25/2013 10:45:55 PM
IlDanko posted...
SolidStryder posted...
IlDanko posted...
MissNaye posted...

This

That sucks, missing a lot of great games. I honestly don't know if I would have played it, There's a large gap in my brain between Wolfenstein 3D/Doom and Medal of Honor back then. Wasn't really interested in PC games, and consoles didn't really have any stand out shooters. RE had 3d models and some pretty visuals back then, I just can't remember that far back to say if I had any specific preferences in gaming. It had zombies and a freaky atmosphere, so I was all over it lol

Idk the only FPS i enjoyed was quake 2 and that was when i was like 8 xD... But now they are all the same thing with a different name (COD, BF, MoH) plus i dont really enjoy the first person camera... The only game with that type of gameplay that caught my attention lately was dishonored but i'm not really sure about getting it

CoD is one of those games I end up buying every other year knowing I'm gonna regret it, then end up getting rid of it a few months later lol. BF is an amazing series though, was disappointed they toned down the destruction in 3, in BC2 was insane online, nearly every building on the map could be brought down if it took enough damage lol

But yea, the majority of online FPS games are just becoming the same game with a different name. Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dishonored, and Far Cry (I'd throw in the Fallout series as an FPSRPG just because I can't imagine actually using the third person camera in fights, but that's me lol) are awesome single player experiences. Human Revolution and Dishonored both give you unique and non lethal ways to get through most levels, and different paths through. Had a lot of fun with those two.
#16Hawke0Posted 1/25/2013 10:52:52 PM
First Person is better for survival horror.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#17DegalonPosted 1/26/2013 11:03:26 PM
Play Survivor or Chronicles series.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#18DegalonPosted 1/26/2013 11:09:56 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
MissNaye posted...

This is the most random thing I have ever heard. TPS and FPS are the same damn genre

Only in the sense that both 3d and 2d fighters are the same genre, and that mariokart and burnout are the same genre, and poker and solitaire are the same genre, and castle crashers and gauntlet are the same genre.

Third Person and FPS are both shooters, but thats as far as it goes. Whole different ball game from 1st to 3rd. In 3rd, you have more peripheral vision, and usually way more movement options.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#19BasementDudePosted 1/27/2013 12:20:23 AM
ZeeDogge posted...
MissNaye posted...

This is the most random thing I have ever heard. TPS and FPS are the same damn genre

have you seen any of my posts?

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Cake_4b1827_868845.gif
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 216,994,952
#20Dicer7Posted 1/27/2013 1:03:00 AM
Hawke0 posted...
First Person is better for survival horror.

The perspective itself actually lends itself better for horror, I agree. The addition of guns to that... I'm not so sure would work very well at least within the context of Resident Evil and how I imagine Capcom would use them. Still, a game like BioShock which is basically an action FPS had better horror elements than RE6 so who knows, it could actually improve the series (or at least turn out better than RE6) if handled right.