what if re was a first person game?

#21DegalonPosted 1/27/2013 2:41:38 AM
Dicer7 posted...
Hawke0 posted...
First Person is better for survival horror.

The perspective itself actually lends itself better for horror, I agree. The addition of guns to that... I'm not so sure would work very well at least within the context of Resident Evil and how I imagine Capcom would use them. Still, a game like BioShock which is basically an action FPS had better horror elements than RE6 so who knows, it could actually improve the series (or at least turn out better than RE6) if handled right.

Condemned: Criminal Origins.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#22MissNayePosted 1/27/2013 4:29:48 AM
ZeeDogge posted...
MissNaye posted...
I hate FPS games and I stay away from them. I prefer third person games and I will not buy any FPS games.

This is the most random thing I have ever heard. TPS and FPS are the same damn genre

I guess I should be more specific as to why I hate FPS games. It is not the genre of the game, it is the camera angle that I despise. TPS games are better for me because I can see my enemy and myself at the same time. I need to see my characters body in order to play certain games properly. Also, the TPS view is better for me and I can play games a lot better with the TPS perspective.

I know there are some games that I miss out on, but that does not bother me since the games I like to play vary across different genres (plus I import games from Asia/Japan at times, so I have more games that I can play). To be honest, there are too many games at times out around the same time that I would want to play and I have to wait a while to get them due to time constraints.

If Resident Evil did turn into a FPS with that camera angle only, I would not get that game (or series if all of them turned into FPS-only games).
---
PSN: Ladynaye | ResidentEvil.net : Ladynaye
Xbox Live: MorigannaX
#23skermacPosted 1/27/2013 7:20:39 AM(edited)
ZeeDogge posted...
MissNaye posted...
I hate FPS games and I stay away from them. I prefer third person games and I will not buy any FPS games.

This is the most random thing I have ever heard. TPS and FPS are the same damn genre

Some are the same genre but not all. Genre= action, adventure, war, etc.

FPS and TPS don't look the same at all. I want to see my character, not a pair of hands on the screen holding a knife or gun. For that reason I hate FPS and will never buy them.

MissNaye explained really well.
#24jpv2000Posted 1/27/2013 7:09:26 AM
I can't stand first person games.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#25skermacPosted 1/27/2013 11:36:19 AM
jpv2000 posted...
I can't stand first person games.

Who really can?
#26ArchiantagonistPosted 1/27/2013 11:45:29 AM
xChernobogx posted...
aFriendofaDevil posted...
MissNaye posted...

---
--------------------x_0--------------------