why did they change leon persona from the one in re4

#21Candy__GirlPosted 1/27/2013 9:47:22 PM
Haters
#22SSJ_JinPosted 1/27/2013 9:52:44 PM
vitonemesis posted...
DetBeauregard posted...
The writers of RE4 intended for Leon to be cold and distant, more like he was in RE2. However, in the translation process, he was given a more cocky attitude that Westerners would find more amusing. The most canon personality of his that we've seen is probably in Darkside Chronicles or RE6.

I love RE4 Leon, but the writers never intended for him to be so cocky.

Beat me to it, yep his 100% right.

Except it isn't because in Leon's bio in the RE Archives and his bio in RE6 it mentions how confident he is, enough so to make jokes during bad situations. Not to mention Leon does this in Damnation as well. Plus in Darkside during RE2 they even changed him to fit his joking personality some, (ex: calling Mr. X Trenchy). This whole "Capcom never intended for Leon to be like this" trend is just a horrible thing created by RE4 haters.

The answer, TC, is most likely because of Jake. They watered Leon down a little because then Jake would just look like a Leon clone. Leon still cracks enough jokes in 6 to seem the same for me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#23edward18Posted 1/27/2013 9:59:32 PM

Except it isn't because in Leon's bio in the RE Archives and his bio in RE6 it mentions how confident he is, enough so to make jokes during bad situations.

ugh...

Not to mention Leon does this in Damnation as well.

ugh......

Plus in Darkside during RE2 they even changed him to fit his joking personality some, (ex: calling Mr. X Trenchy).

God that was stupid...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#24SSJ_JinPosted 1/27/2013 10:05:45 PM
edward18 posted...

Except it isn't because in Leon's bio in the RE Archives and his bio in RE6 it mentions how confident he is, enough so to make jokes during bad situations.

ugh...

Not to mention Leon does this in Damnation as well.

ugh......

Plus in Darkside during RE2 they even changed him to fit his joking personality some, (ex: calling Mr. X Trenchy).

God that was stupid...

lol I know you're not a fan of it, but it's true my friend.

Honestly though, I wonder where this "Leon wasn't suppose to be like this" came from. You got:

RE4
RE6
RE6 bio
Damnation
Archives Bio
Darkside - even making his RE2 self make jokes

If Capcom didn't intend for Leon to be this way, they sure are making a poor ass job at preventing it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#25dragonstar13Posted 1/27/2013 10:07:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26edward18Posted 1/27/2013 10:33:03 PM
Where did I ever say that's not how they're trying to make him be since 4?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#27ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/27/2013 11:01:05 PM
The writers of RE4 intended for Leon to be cold and distant, more like he was in RE2. However, in the translation process, he was given a more cocky attitude that Westerners would find more amusing. The most canon personality of his that we've seen is probably in Darkside Chronicles or RE6.

I love RE4 Leon, but the writers never intended for him to be so cocky.

This

He has a definite personality in each game he's in, but it does evolve from game to game.

...And that.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#28edward18Posted 1/27/2013 11:08:10 PM
more like "changes"
---
#29DegalonPosted 1/27/2013 11:40:48 PM(edited)
Because he's almost 40 now, he's getting too old for this ****.

He's not the hotshot rookie anymore.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa