Piers and Chris *spoilers*

#1YummyHotPocketsPosted 1/27/2013 11:39:34 AM
I can't believe they killed off poor Chris's boytoy like that... He just wanted some man lovin'. :'(
---
Buy some hot pockets! They're yummy~
#2DetBeauregardPosted 1/27/2013 11:40:36 AM
Did I miss something in the game where it was implied that either of these characters were gay?
#3ZeeDoggePosted 1/27/2013 12:13:36 PM
He should clone another Piers with the C-Virus. Maybe Leon could work...
#4good_tobiPosted 1/27/2013 12:50:14 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
Did I miss something in the game where it was implied that either of these characters were gay?

most point to that last cutscene.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#5UnknownWinPosted 1/27/2013 12:53:28 PM
chris has a lot of pictures for naked piers in his phone.
#6longstorm555Posted 1/27/2013 1:06:59 PM
good_tobi posted...
DetBeauregard posted...

you mean that cutscene that was much like the end of armageddon with the meaningful look exchanged between two males who respected and trusted each other and who just because are close to each doesn't mean they're gay given that one male in question has already been proven straight?

seriously, some of you people here are messed up. NOT because of thinking tow characters are gay but because some of you think:

two men can't like each other, have respect for each other without being gay
(in the context, leon and chris are totally boning each other then given that leon was the one who changed chris' mind, not piers)
a girl can't be tough without being a lesbian and a girl can't reject a male's flirting without being a lesbian either (the way you guys describe helena as a lesbian jsut for turning down leon and for being more aggresive than the other girls is disgusting.)

so yay for people being open minded, yay for wanting gay characters, but nay for reading the scene wrong and nay for taking away the innonce of piers' sacrifice and placing it in a sexual/romantic context.

piers did that because he's a good man, because he believed in his captain and because he believed in the future of the bsaa. by making it seem like he did what he did out of some secret burning passion for chris, you're taking away his credibility. you're taking away his bravery.

because if that last scene is supposed to prove chris/piers, then re5 in its entirety plus revelations is supposed to prove jill/chris. you can't use one sacrifice and exclude another. piers and jill sacrificed themselves for chris (jill came back though) out of looyalty and bravery. they're brothers in arms, remember?

i can tell you right here i'd have done the same for my best friend and you bet your ass i'd look at her all meaningful and whatnot before dying and i'd smile to let her know it was okay.

'but chris held piers by the head!'

go to youtube, type a scene from 'tears of the sun' or any other war movie, hell, even a comedy movie: that's a way of showing affection. it's been shown in the screen a thousand times over.

i'm sick and tried of horny fangirls and fanboys ruining meaningful scenes by putting the characters in a romantic/sexual context every five minutes. grow up. not everything means sex. friendship, loyalty, and trust are the feelings that werre displayed in both scenes (jill and piers' sacrifice).
#7ZeeDoggePosted 1/27/2013 1:09:04 PM
longstorm555 posted...
good_tobi posted...
DetBeauregard posted...

you mean that cutscene that was much like the end of armageddon with the meaningful look exchanged between two males who respected and trusted each other and who just because are close to each doesn't mean they're gay given that one male in question has already been proven straight?

seriously, some of you people here are messed up. NOT because of thinking tow characters are gay but because some of you think:

two men can't like each other, have respect for each other without being gay
(in the context, leon and chris are totally boning each other then given that leon was the one who changed chris' mind, not piers)
a girl can't be tough without being a lesbian and a girl can't reject a male's flirting without being a lesbian either (the way you guys describe helena as a lesbian jsut for turning down leon and for being more aggresive than the other girls is disgusting.)

so yay for people being open minded, yay for wanting gay characters, but nay for reading the scene wrong and nay for taking away the innonce of piers' sacrifice and placing it in a sexual/romantic context.

piers did that because he's a good man, because he believed in his captain and because he believed in the future of the bsaa. by making it seem like he did what he did out of some secret burning passion for chris, you're taking away his credibility. you're taking away his bravery.

because if that last scene is supposed to prove chris/piers, then re5 in its entirety plus revelations is supposed to prove jill/chris. you can't use one sacrifice and exclude another. piers and jill sacrificed themselves for chris (jill came back though) out of looyalty and bravery. they're brothers in arms, remember?

i can tell you right here i'd have done the same for my best friend and you bet your ass i'd look at her all meaningful and whatnot before dying and i'd smile to let her know it was okay.

'but chris held piers by the head!'

go to youtube, type a scene from 'tears of the sun' or any other war movie, hell, even a comedy movie: that's a way of showing affection. it's been shown in the screen a thousand times over.

i'm sick and tried of horny fangirls and fanboys ruining meaningful scenes by putting the characters in a romantic/sexual context every five minutes. grow up. not everything means sex. friendship, loyalty, and trust are the feelings that werre displayed in both scenes (jill and piers' sacrifice).

tl;dr, lol for caring that hard
#8sbn4Posted 1/27/2013 1:12:32 PM
The Chris and Piers being gay for each other stuff wasn't funny before this game came out. It is even much less funny now.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#9IlDankoPosted 1/27/2013 1:14:00 PM
longstorm555 posted...

This.... Yeah, f*** you leon fanboys (aka chris haters) shame on all of you
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#10ZeeDoggePosted 1/27/2013 1:14:07 PM
sbn4 posted...
The Chris and Piers being gay for each other stuff wasn't funny before this game came out. It is even much less funny now.

It's deadly serious. You can't shame male characters with homosexuality!