Is this game good??

#21Starsoul_klrPosted 1/27/2013 7:26:58 PM(edited)
Well you can find the game new for around 30 dollars at a few stores.

RE 6 is not the best game in the series ever but I still find it to be a pretty fine game. The reason the game keeps dropping in price is because it didn't sell as many copies as they expected so they have a good chunk of leftovers. While this doesn't mean it was a complete failure they have to get rid of all the excess product.

Another thing is that they have added in several updates and some of the issues of some of the negative reviews such as the camera and the chapters have had subsections added so you don't have to start at the beginning of a chapter if you don't want to.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Starsoulklr
I'm an Ultra Nerd for Video Games so see what I've got for viewing.
#22Coryo61827Posted 1/27/2013 11:20:28 PM
Quote:Neutron15 posted...
I suggest OP that you buy Resident Evil Revelations Console/PC version in May

Might as well buy RE6. It's the same game with more features

@ZeeDogge

What? I found revelations to be MUCH better than resident evil 6.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#23YermomHoudiniPosted 1/27/2013 11:52:09 PM(edited)
B18Champ posted...
- Terrible story
- Lame villains
- Far too many QTE's
- Fighting the same bosses over and over and over again
- Vehicle sections are painfully bad
- Only 3 maps in mercenaries
- The last 2 chapters of Leon's campaign feature almost no zombies at all
- Very little replay value

I agree with most of the list (bolded), but the good still outweigh the bad easily because the core gameplay is still rock solid. those stupid sections are annoyances that drag the game down, but they are not the majority of the game.
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#24dragonstar13Posted 1/28/2013 12:31:51 AM
Animesetsuna posted...
tevin1569 posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
-Best combat in the series
-Lost of different styles of scaryness(tension, stress, chaos, escaping)
-30 hours long
-Best plot and acting in the RE series
-Lots and lots of variety
-Agent Hunt is the greatest troll mode ever

Pretty much this. People hate to hate, I mean it has flaws, but it's a great game.

People are free to hate this game. But it's still a great game. XD

Pretty much. If people hate/don't like it, or like RE5 better, then this game is not for them. Not sure why people seem to always get so defensive if someone mentions how much they hate the game or prefer a different game.

Anyway, take whatever 'reviews' is written here with a grain of salt, since it really comes down to your own personal tastes. I wouldn't call it a great game, but if you're a fan of the RE series, it's worth a try IMO. Personally I would wait for the game to go for very cheap, especially if you're not that interested in it. If you only played RE4 half way and never finished RE5, it sounds like this game maay not be for you. So just wait until it's maybe below $20 at the very least. That's what my friend did, and she seems to love the game(Well not the story) more then me. Of course what she loves most about it is playing with others, and good-looking guys like Leon and Piers.
---
Abel is probably to Xenosaga what Neo was to the Matrix. - archmageraist
Claimed Misha Arsellec Lune and Lyner Barsett
#25Candy__GirlPosted 1/28/2013 12:54:15 AM
Orochi_Lede posted...
What do you consider a "good" story none of the RE had a "good" story to begin with.

This is true. I enjoy them none the less. But that's just me and my opinion. The entire story line since the beginning has been filled with plot holes and has been changed to suit the current game of the series.

QTEs are usually only a problem to pot heads and people with ADD., yes there are quite a few, but they never botherd me.

I LOVE this ^ because I feel the exact same way. I don't understand what everyone's b****ing about all the time. You sat down to play a video game right? Well... expect to mash buttons at certain times and if you don't get them right GAME OVER for you. Get good.

And.... Do people realize that they can TURN the QTEs OFF? There's an option for it now. It was apart of an update because CapCom is listening to everyone complain about how 'hard' the QTEs are. They're coddling the people who whine about how 'broken' a game is because they aren't paying attention and suck at hitting the right buttons.

Really??...no really? name a game where bosses change every time you play it again...

Again, I love this!

you do realize there are more then 3 right?

It sounds like he doesn't know there are more than three. Maybe because he's just going off of hear say and hasn't played them game for more than a few hours?

so even tho the 1st 3 chapters are flooded with zombies, the last two slows down on them and all of a sudden that's a problem....nice logic.

What difficulty is everyone playing on?! If I had to fight the multi-formed bosses and a horde of zombies on No Hope I'd be writing CapCom some hate mail.

.....are you sure you actually played the game for more then 5 minutes...? cause that is exactly what the reviewers who gave it that dumb 4.5 score did. or didn't even play it at all.

If you're not a hard core fan of the series, you may not like RE6.

If you are easily persuaded by the words of others to form your own opinion about something you haven't spent some time on, you may not like RE6.

If you go into something with a biased opinion, you may not like RE6.

If you don't look at your options before you start playing, you may not like RE6.

To each his own.
#26YermomHoudiniPosted 1/28/2013 1:11:56 AM(edited)
Candy__Girl posted...
QTEs are usually only a problem to pot heads and people with ADD., yes there are quite a few, but they never botherd me.

I LOVE this ^ because I feel the exact same way. I don't understand what everyone's b****ing about all the time. You sat down to play a video game right? Well... expect to mash buttons at certain times and if you don't get them right GAME OVER for you. Get good.

And.... Do people realize that they can TURN the QTEs OFF? There's an option for it now. It was apart of an update because CapCom is listening to everyone complain about how 'hard' the QTEs are. They're coddling the people who whine about how 'broken' a game is because they aren't paying attention and suck at hitting the right buttons.

pffft ahahahaha, instead of improving the gameplay to enhance the experience, they have to rely on QTE to give player the immersion. and SOMEHOW you think it's the player's fault for calling them out for it? you should apply for capcom PR because you could get paid for kissing their ass instead of doing it for free right here.

I have played tons of definitive action games for this console and handheld generation, and the games with the best gameplay don't ever require you to mash to the point of breaking your controller buttons to win a fight. you know what? if action games whose entire selling being their gameplay don't require you to mash buttons to win, what excuse does a 3rd person shooter have to abusing such a lame feature?

and no you still can't turn off the prompts for button mashing even with the action button option on. punching simmons on professional is still a waste of time.
---
#27Orochi_LedePosted 1/28/2013 1:30:46 AM
YermomHoudini posted...
Candy__Girl posted...

pffft ahahahaha, instead of improving the gameplay to enhance the experience, they have to rely on QTE to give player the immersion. and SOMEHOW you think it's the player's fault for calling them out for it? you should apply for capcom PR because you could get paid for kissing their ass instead of doing it for free right here.

I have played tons of definitive action games for this console and handheld generation, and the games with the best gameplay don't ever require you to mash to the point of breaking your controller buttons to win a fight. you know what? if action games whose entire selling being their gameplay don't require you to mash buttons to win, what excuse does a 3rd person shooter have to abusing such a lame feature?

and no you still can't turn off the prompts for button mashing even with the action button option on. punching simmons on professional is still a waste of time.

SO obviously the best option is to take out all manner of gameplay that forces you to pay attention. everything should be done for you, right?

Mashing is a loose turn, if you are mashing your pad to the point of breaking it you are doing it WAY to hard, you lightly jiggle the stick depending on the promt, the game isn't all of a sudden pressure sensitive where the harder you press buttons or aggressively wiggle the stick the better results you get. it is no different then using your controller in the normal, standerd way. Calm down on the movement and you won't have a broken stick.

Everyone has thier own opinions about the game, and there is obviously nothing wrong with that, but whining about a feature that is actually no issue what so ever to people who has simple hand to eye coordination is silly. at this point i won't be surprised if people start asking for automatic gameplay and to just sit the pad down and only push a button that says press start.
---
"I'm sorry squeeky, it's just a game, you got to get before you get got"
#28YermomHoudiniPosted 1/28/2013 2:12:35 AM(edited)
Orochi_Lede posted...
SO obviously the best option is to take out all manner of gameplay that forces you to pay attention. everything should be done for you, right?

lol you call QTE paying attention? ever played competitive games like FTG or FPS or RTS or even old school had ass action games like ninja gaiden 1 (don't bother mention 3, they put in QTE's in 3 and look how the game flopped and they had to release a fixed version to save their ass) where you actually need to pay attention to the entire game world not just 2 stupid little words on the screen? how about develop skills and understanding of the gameplay system rather than the game telling you "you are too stupid to learn on your own so here, mash this button to win"

QTE requires no gamer skills other than hand eye coordination and mindless mashing, it's not gameplay, IN FACT it INTERRUPTS the gameplay. with the evolution of console capability and interactive user interface, QTE gimmick from 2 decades ago has no place in the action genre. QTE is developer's way of saying that you, the gamer, is too lazy and stupid to learn, and they don't think it's worth the effort to even program a fight for you in that section, so they will play it for you if you obey their commands.

Never have one once have I complained about core RE6 gameplay, in fact I enjoyed it, but those "press this button to win" sections should have never be in a game whose gameplay focus is action.
---
#29StrangerSirKaiPosted 1/28/2013 1:55:17 AM(edited)
RE6 is good, but severely flawed and one of the worst main RE games. Too full of itself, too bombastic and over the top, horrible pacing because the high-octane style almost never slows down and the game just gets incredibly tiring to play (Chapter 5 for Leon is probably the best example of this). QTEs are annoying as f***, way too drawn out, and often times feel like they're in the game for almost no reason since they serve totally ridiculous purposes like the lab race sequence with Leon and Chris, or repairing the damaged bus.A ton of depth has also been stripped out compared to other recent RE titles; no more customizable load outs and no more weapon upgrades. Instead each campaign is given a fixed set of 5 or 6 weapons complemented by a boring skill system. Leon can never use any grenade launcher, Chris and Ada can never use any magnums, Piers can never use any handgun or assault rifle, etc. A lot of the co-op sequences are really poorly designed too; Sherry pretty much just watches Jake finish off the final boss, one of the sections during Leon's final boss has Helena elevated way out of the boss's reach and playing as her during that sequence is boring as hell. Sometimes there are even QTE sequences where one player has responsibility for performing the QTEs while the other player doesn't have anything to do.

But really, the biggest issue with the game is how obsessed it is with spectacle and set pieces; pretty much every element of the game is made distracting and overly dramatic. The core gameplay is quite strong once you get the controls down, and Mercenaries mode is really fun, but the pacing and design of the campaign missions is just horrible at times. RE4 and 5 were paced extremely well, and while Revelations had some pacing issues with the side-character bits, it's still heads and shoulders above RE6, which just feels like a 25-hour montage of characters getting separated or disoriented by explosions and stuff collapsing beneath them.
#30Neutron15Posted 1/28/2013 2:02:18 AM
StrangerSirKai posted...
while Revelations had some pacing issues with the side-character bits, it's still heads and shoulders above RE6.

Revelations doesn't have issue
---
The Cycle Of Hatred Can Never Be Broken
Jigoku , Futakomori , Mitsuganae