how do you throw out CDG's quickly?

#1YermomHoudiniPosted 1/27/2013 9:03:48 PM
I know it's light stun of 1 kind + light stun of another kind will put enemy into kneeling for CDG, but I can't do it successfully.

if I start with 1st stun like quick shot or head/arm stun, and I go in and try to do a normal melee stun, I end up doing the button prompt melee and kick them away. I tried to do sliding but I always end up missing the slide.

the merc guide mentioned something about switching weapon and tap melee, is this guarantee to skip the button prompt?

how many bars will be used up for quick shot melee CDG? is it 2? how do people rely on this heavily if you can't equip skills to extend the stamina meter?
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#2Cartwheel_KickPosted 1/27/2013 9:11:39 PM
with some practice you can get used to moving a bit towards the side of enemy and a bit away at the same time, then melee and your character will turn to the enemy to do a standard melee and trigger CDG'able state.

but with some practice sliding is easier anyway. It seems easier with some characters though, I think Chris is actually more bulky for example and doesn't move as easily as Ada

And yeah, quickshot + slide + CDG takes a lot of stamina, but I usually have the time to just stand idle a second or two to fill up enough stamina. You can also shoot one bullet in the head to replace the quickshot, that's one less stamina use and a bit more time to refill it
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#3DarkkefkaFFXPosted 1/27/2013 9:32:49 PM
who do you use??

It' easy with jake of course.

Sherry's melee kick has good range..so she can quick shot-melee-cgd with 2 bars.
---
FFX NSGNZ Dark Aeons (Anima left)
Pokemon D/P Friends Codes: 0216 3888 1669
#4YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:46:51 PM
DarkkefkaFFX posted...
who do you use??

what do you do with jake? I know his stance uncharged 3 hit melee combo doesn't cost meter, but I have a hard time doing that 3 hit because the 1st punch and 2nd punch takes consecutive press but if you press too fast you end up with charged palm strike
---
#5Cartwheel_KickPosted 1/27/2013 10:03:41 PM
YermomHoudini posted...
DarkkefkaFFX posted...
who do you use??

what do you do with jake? I know his stance uncharged 3 hit melee combo doesn't cost meter, but I have a hard time doing that 3 hit because the 1st punch and 2nd punch takes consecutive press but if you press too fast you end up with charged palm strike

For the second hit, you can just switch to hand-to-hand and aim then hit. This way you don't perform a contextual melee nor waste stamina
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#6GoldsicklePosted 1/27/2013 10:10:01 PM
If you have two human players, you could just ping-pong the enemies from the front and back.

First of all, you need to know that performing a light melee on the enemy from behind it's back just once will stun it.

For zombies, the one who will perform the CDG will start by performing a melee from behind.
Partner in front of the zombie will kick it back to the first one.
The zombie will turn around back towards the starter, allowing him to perform a CDG.

If the player kicking the zombie back tries to perform a contextual melee, he will do a "throw from behind" attack instead, since the zombie is facing away.

J'avos do not spin around, so the method is slightly different.

Someone starts by performing melee from behind, a partner in front melees the stun J'avo and it will be the one standing in front of the J'avo who will perform a CDG.

This method makes it so you only need on bar of the Combat Gauge.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#7YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:29:57 PM(edited)
why do I read that jake is so easy for merc? I never know what combo he is supposed to use. sure he has elephant killer, this isn't the only reason people choose him.

his counter doesn't insta kill as easily as helena or chris shoulder bump.
---
#8linmlcwPosted 1/27/2013 10:50:32 PM
YermomHoudini posted...
why do I read that jake is so easy for merc? I never know what combo he is supposed to use. sure he has elephant killer, this isn't the only reason people choose him.

his counter doesn't insta kill as easily as helena or chris shoulder bump.

His hand to hand combat is the quickest and most efficient way to set up CDGs, not mention it also helps him deal with j'avo mutations that other characters might have trouble with, such as the butterflies or the exploding maggots (though female characters can do their back melee kick to knock them down for a 5 second kill, sometimes they land weird and explode on you anyway).
---
[It's gettin' much harder to say no, and even harder to say yes.]
#9HarleenzPosted 1/27/2013 11:14:43 PM
Easiest: Be a male character and do the backwards elbow melee. to set up cdg. Only 1 bar of stamina wasted.
---
GT: Harleenz
#10YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 11:22:33 PM
linmlcw posted...
His hand to hand combat is the quickest and most efficient way to set up CDGs, not mention it also helps him deal with j'avo mutations that other characters might have trouble with, such as the butterflies or the exploding maggots

so what's the default combo for him to set up CDG that uses least meter? quick shot/head shot, h2h single punch, CDG?
---