resident evil movies analysis & ending (HUGE spoiler)

#1tehheadPosted 1/27/2013 11:37:04 PM
why did leon has to shoot buddy when he was trying to kill himself, and SORT of killing him anyway
in RE : damnation
and he even said, even if the risk of paralysis is there, you should keep fighting, WHICH I BELIEVE WHAT WILL HAPPEN, and what? bang!
nice logic there leon, justifying you seriously just want to shoot him in the face

and all of the damnation pace while entertaining, feels very dissapointing in the end, since nothing changed, heck it even mentioned
and tyrant is .... i miss you vladimir's

and wow.... this movie is like the best full CG movie out there (i ain't watching pixars, not how it is now anyway), it makes live action (currently downloading retribution, ain't paying for this sh**) pales, so pales its even a shame to even exist , based on afterlife anyway

RE live action is a fine made movie, they make laser room trends (influence some of movies, anime & games)

RE 2 live action was, eh

RE 3 LA, good god what the hell is paul doing

RE 4 LA, i ain't watching it again, NO
#2edward18Posted 1/27/2013 11:40:13 PM
and all of the damnation pace while entertaining, feels very dissapointing in the end, since nothing changed, heck it even mentioned

either Capcom RE movie I've seen is just boring and annoying.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/28/2013 12:04:36 AM
The CGI films were way better than the live action movies imo. Watching extinction was like watching horses*** smeared on the screen trying to struggle being called "entertainment" instead of a POS.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#4DegalonPosted 1/28/2013 12:44:40 AM
Kinda agree. CG movies are truer to the games, for obvious reasons, but at the same time, by the end, you get this feeling of "Meanwhile, back at the PLOT" when the credits roll.

Live action movies are better for overall experience, to be honest.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#5Dicer7Posted 1/28/2013 1:22:24 AM
It really annoyed how Leon kept saying Las Plagas is incurable when he was able to get it out of him at the end of RE4. Granted there probably wouldn't be a handy Las Plagas killing machine table thing nearby but I mean he could have at least mentioned that. Not a big deal but... yeah.

The movie was pretty entertaining altogether I guess. My major gripe is how much of a missed opportunity it was. Unlike Degeneration, where I really only cared for Leon and Claire, in this one I (mostly) liked the new characters and just felt sick of Leon and Ada by the end of it (playing RE6 afterwards didn't help). I wished we could have had characters like Rebecca or Nikolai instead. You know... characters that could actually use the attention.

I get this feeling Capcom just wants the CG movies to essentially be "Resident Evil: The Random Adventures of Leon".
#6edward18Posted 1/28/2013 1:29:32 AM
My problems are that it was boring mostly. Capcom doesn't know how to keep things interesting and always feels the need to have people constantly talking when action isn't happening.

Then there's the fact that like anything that isn't a game, it doesn't do anything important in the end...

Only really liked JD cause he's, ya know, a NORMAL PERSON. Why the hell does everyone and their grandma fight like they're in the matrix in Damnation? And Leon's spine so should've snapped when he got slammed into that pillar.

Really don't like how the series focuses around what are essentially "Super Humans" now. The only characters I really like seeing are the ones that AREN'T the main characters with how the main characters are now.

And Leon's stupid sarcastic attitude really annoyed me.

It was nice to see Lickers and Tyrants again and actually see them being used in WAR for once, but it just feels so...underwhelming in the end. It's like...I WANT to like what I'm watching...but I can't give the effort.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7largerockPosted 1/28/2013 1:29:44 AM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
The CGI films were way better than the live action movies imo. Watching extinction was like watching horses*** smeared on the screen trying to struggle being called "entertainment" instead of a POS.

This, all'a this.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#8AnimesetsunaPosted 1/28/2013 2:43:51 AM(edited)
edward18 posted...
My problems are that it was boring mostly. Capcom doesn't know how to keep things interesting and always feels the need to have people constantly talking when action isn't happening.

Then there's the fact that like anything that isn't a game, it doesn't do anything important in the end...

Only really liked JD cause he's, ya know, a NORMAL PERSON. Why the hell does everyone and their grandma fight like they're in the matrix in Damnation? And Leon's spine so should've snapped when he got slammed into that pillar.

Really don't like how the series focuses around what are essentially "Super Humans" now. The only characters I really like seeing are the ones that AREN'T the main characters with how the main characters are now.

And Leon's stupid sarcastic attitude really annoyed me.

It was nice to see Lickers and Tyrants again and actually see them being used in WAR for once, but it just feels so...underwhelming in the end. It's like...I WANT to like what I'm watching...but I can't give the effort.

So what kind of exciting thing that you wanted to see? Normal Human vs Super Humans?
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Setsuna Henry likes Kana Hanazawa and wish to CALL HER EVERYDAY
#9tehhead(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:41:40 AM
Dicer7 posted...

I get this feeling Capcom just wants the CG movies to essentially be "Resident Evil: The Random Adventures of Leon".

actually, rather than spending 65$ million on those live action movies... that money is better spent on motion capturing & produce CG movie like this

then again, why did Resident evil didn't get a reboot when devil may cry did, capcom keep boggles me
they have all the recipe to make resident evil entertaining again, and fix some plot issues by rebooting
by japanese team of course, american's will make the game easy to enter & easy to forget
i think...
#10Neutron15Posted 1/28/2013 2:45:46 AM
at least the live actions movies are in real time 3D lol
---
The Cycle Of Hatred Can Never Be Broken
Jigoku , Futakomori , Mitsuganae