Ada in mercs

#1Volren617Posted 1/28/2013 10:13:24 AM
So after a brief hiatus I picked up RE6 again. I was never the best mercs player by any means (a good run for me is a 150 combo regardless of score) and I was probably a bit rusty but I had a horrible time with default Ada.

I hadn't used her in a while but I honestly think she has the worst loadout of any character, even stripper cop Helena - I really dislike the Ammo Box due to it being the only weapon that aims from the hip and low overall power, and as far as I can tell there is no good use for the crossbow except occasionally quickshotting dogs without wasting handgun ammo. Even the explosive arrows can't guarantee a one shot kill on SWAT zombies or firemen.

Anyone have some tips for her they can share? I kind of want to up my scores with her.
#2ssj_duelistPosted 1/28/2013 10:22:27 AM
Piers takes worst Mercs loadout award.

I agree though, standard Ada is pretty poor along with Cop Helena.
#3Hewie3Posted 1/28/2013 10:24:57 AM(edited)
She took a lot for me to get used to before being able to be effective with her. Her crossbow is good depending on how you use it.

Cons:
-It sucks against REGULAR zombies but you can pin them down & then squash their heads.
-It may take awhile before you become competent with aiming precisely.
-I personally never use her explosive arrows as they seem like a waste of time with no guarantee of any reward really.

Pros:
-2 Arrows will Kill a Bloodshot or you can pin it down & squash it to kill them.
-3 Arrows will kill a Whopper no matter where you hit it.
-Arrows to the head always pop that bubble!
-Incredibly effective against J'avo of all kind (usually 2 shots on normal, one if you hit the queen bee of Gnezdos).
-Breaks Napad armor and kills them in few shots.
-Flings those explosive bubbles off their feet & away from you in one not ensuring you will shot take effect from their explosion.

Her ammo box I've never had a problem with but a lot of people I hear do complain about it. It's good for just keeping the combo going with headshot-melee combinations. I would recommend getting use to her Crossbow & using it on any & all formidable bosses that you come across.

---
If you're going to make a big deal over everything, don't do it around me.
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#4NorseLeavesPosted 1/28/2013 10:29:47 AM
Volren617 posted...
So after a brief hiatus I picked up RE6 again. I was never the best mercs player by any means (a good run for me is a 150 combo regardless of score) and I was probably a bit rusty but I had a horrible time with default Ada.

I hadn't used her in a while but I honestly think she has the worst loadout of any character, even stripper cop Helena - I really dislike the Ammo Box due to it being the only weapon that aims from the hip and low overall power, and as far as I can tell there is no good use for the crossbow except occasionally quickshotting dogs without wasting handgun ammo. Even the explosive arrows can't guarantee a one shot kill on SWAT zombies or firemen.

Anyone have some tips for her they can share? I kind of want to up my scores with her.

yea, I think its hard to aim headshots with her ammo box since it aims from the hip.
if you dont like headshot-CDG pattern, you can use shoot in the belly couple times and counter strategy. those SWAT zombies depending on whether he has a gun or not, you can shoot anywhere but bulletproof vest and then counter kill them which will give you more time bonus or go for headshot and CDG them. firemen, you shoot their arm or hand and when they are turned go and CDG them (headshots kinda tricky since they are wearing a helmet)
now there is shoot - stun -sliding - melee for 7 sec time bonus, too.
if you cant handle dogs with counters, ammo box quickshots will kill them.
and if yuo are suffering ammo shortage, try killing them with melee attacks more.
#5Orange9Posted 1/28/2013 11:14:27 AM
for j'avo

quickshot ammo box-melee crossbow-stun-cdg
---
DRIVER NOT INCLUDED
#6DanielSpace79Posted 1/28/2013 11:26:18 AM
Frankly I agree with TC, I have the hardest time with Ada as compared to Helena2 or Piers2, especially when a quick kill is needed to save the combo. With moderate proficiency, the rifle is a life saver and Piers2 shotgun is good for a quick kill. The arrovs never are, The one point I give to Ada is starting with 3 incendiaries- that's one of the best combo savers or weapons to give yourself a quick breather in the game. Especially against a bloodshot swarm where none of them are attacking and the combo is blinking.

The other point I'll give Ada is that she and Carla have an amazing reach with ther one-hand counter. My preferred way of using her is to plug enemies with some of the ammo box, then just do a counter- she can typically scores 2-3 enemies if you are being swarmed.

I rarely, if ever use the crossbow. I do enjoy it as a weapon, and it is useful for pinning enemies, but it's slow load time just make it an inconvenient weapon
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#7sbn4Posted 1/28/2013 11:43:54 AM
The crossbow bolts are actually decent boss killers. The whoppers seem particularly weak against the standard bolts. I usually chuck an incindieary grenade and the 2-3 bolts max will kill them. Explosive rounds are also decent on these bosses as well. You don't want to be using the crossbow on regular zombies. They will kill in one bolt if you are good at aiming for the head. You definitely don't want to use bolts on the bloodshots either. You should be countering bloodshots since there counters are really easy. If you feel uncomfortable with that, you can shoot them until the fall over for a CDG. But this requires a lot of bullets.

I will admit the TMP is a very awkward weapon to use. In fact, you sometimes need 2-3 bullets just to initiate a headstun. But I believe it has a good critical rate on headshots for combo saving. It is pathetically weak, but as Daniel said, you can plug two shots into a zombies chest, and then counter for a kill. Her grenades are her best combo saver. J'avos are relatively easy. You can quick shot (or head shot), slide, and the CDG. I'm not sure how many bullets are required for a counter kill though.

I enjoy Ada. Outside of Chris and Helena, she's probably my favorite Mercenaries character, but she does have the weakest loadout IMO.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#8ZeeDoggePosted 1/28/2013 11:54:14 AM
Crosshair aiming has the shot come from the middle of the screen, so it might help you
#9Volren617(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:28:04 PM
I do use her crossbow for bosses for lack of a better option (depending on the stage) but the extremely long delay due to reload makes it a pain to kill them while keeping a combo going and I usually have to stop in the middle to grenade or machine gun spray a nearby enemy.

I appreciate the advice wrt its applications against Bloodshots/J'avo but tbh I find counters and melee set up by the ammo box to be much more efficient ways of dealing with them. The only time I consider using the crossbow these days is against enemies that can't be set up for a melee kill/countered to death (aside from dogs, since her quickshot auto reloads her crossbow and while I am ok at countering lone dogs I prefer not to risk the knockdown against packs).

With the ammo box I find myself aiming for arm stuns much more often with zombies as it's closer to her starting point of aim and a successful arm stun generally lets me CDG them more easily than a headshot. Just shooting them in the body and then trying to counter kill them sounds interesting, but my fire control with the ammo box isn't great yet (I can't remember the number of times I shot someone in the head and ran in only to realize they weren't stunned). Does the two shot rule hold for all zombies or does it vary by stage/type? I assume firefighters at least take more.
#10UnfoolishPosted 1/28/2013 12:51:55 PM
DanielSpace79 posted...
I rarely, if ever use the crossbow. I do enjoy it as a weapon, and it is useful for pinning enemies, but it's slow load time just make it an inconvenient weapon

You shouldn't aim with the Crossbow unless you are aiming at slow Napads or Whoppers. Quickshot with the Crossbow does the job since she reloads the Crossbow when she flips backwards. Using Power Counter with the Crossbow is recommended since she elbow smacks enemies whereas if she counter with the Ammo Box 50 like Carla's Picador, she does a fast low sleep where she needs to walk up to the enemy afterwards if still alive, with the counter Crossbow she can do a set up CGD or melee in general.

RPD Helena is the worst in Mercenaries, she lacks a strong weapon to kill bosses. Default Piers has Remote Bombs, Default Ada has Pipe Bombs. RPD Helena's Sniper Rifle is not enough, try doing a solo run in Steel Beast with her Napads are a problem if you are trying to keep a combo alive. Even Default Piers and Ada take them out easy.

However RPD Helena is a good partner in Duo Mercenaries. She is just missing the Hydra/Shotgun powerful weapons to take on bosses. She got buffed in Versus modes though :D