Ada in mercs

#21UnfoolishPosted 1/28/2013 5:06:08 PM
xXxAgentAdaxXx posted...
She's actually one of the better characters, I'm not being biased, sure others have it easier (looking at you, Jake and Carla) but she's great, keep in mind she's a beast in J'avos and plays better there than Zombies.

My only complaint is that she has the AmmoLOLbox and lack of a combo-saving weapon (but that can be compensated if you handle her great fire grenades well)

She starts with 8 herbs, her crossbow kills all bosses with 3 bolts at most (except Orgoman and I think Messets), she gets 3 fire grenades by default and can be extended to 5 by collecting stage grenades, she also has the fastest Melee attacks and a fast CDG. And without a doubt she's got one of the best counters. (especially in Catacombs, where she can counter all lamp-holding zombies without taking damage, all other characters take damage, refer to YouTube user "Poyoyon46" and other professional players)

Long story short: if you don't know what you're doing with her, you're gonna suffer badly. If you know, you'll be a beast.

Default Ada is really good, sure she has a learning curve but if used right she is very effective. I used to complain on here for ages regarding the Ammo Box 50 weapon she uses, ever since the new updates from the patch, I learned some cool things regarding her Ammo Box 50. Definitely good for CDG set ups and counter attacks. With counters she does she fast sweep kick. Ada (Carla) in general have the fastest melee in RE6 game much similar to RE5 Jill who's melee are all fast speed (Cartwheel, Neck Twist, Double Knee Drop, Sweep Kick etc). Ada is good with counters. My only complaint with Ada is her Crossbow aiming which takes long to reload but my solution is to avoid straight aims unless you are shooting clearly at Napads, Whoppers, Lepotista with Pipe Bombs, mostly I use her Crossbow Quickshot to set up melee since she reloads another arrow automatically after animation.

P.S. Jake is not braindead easy to use and neither is Carla, those two require precision. Braindead School Girl Sherry and Default Chris don't require brains to shoot stuff.
#22JacksonC33Posted 1/28/2013 6:29:16 PM
Top Tier is Sherry (EX), Jake, Chris (Both)
2nd Tier would be Carla, Sherry (Default), Piers (Default), Helena (Default)
3rd Tier Piers (EX), Ada (EX), Helena, Leon (Both)
Bottom Tier Ada (Default), Jake (EX), Helena (EX), Agent

IMO That is how the tiers are but this is a much better tier list when compared to RE5.
Carla isn't in the top tier because of liquid fire since she can't kill the raskapanje, Sherry (Default) isn't because she only has 1 counter which hurts her on UC & Catacombs. Piers rifle has a slow reload for his rifle although that can be overlooked with the sniper glitch, he doesn't have a HG/MG like Sherry (EX) or Chris. Helena's Boss killer weapon isn't overlay strong and it needs to be close range as well to do the max damage.
#23DetBeauregardPosted 1/28/2013 6:47:54 PM
Pirate Leon and schoolgirl Sherry are definitely top tier for me. Default Ada and stripper cop Helena are bottom tier. Everyone else is average. Piers (default) doesn't have a weak loadout at all if you ask me.
#24Roll_kix_azzPosted 1/28/2013 7:36:30 PM
Unfoolish posted...

RPD Helena is still the worst character in Mercenaries. 3 Quickshots with the Sniper Rifle? Ok, reload after each shot. Terrible reload recovery upon whiff. Not unless you equipped her with Target Master or Quickshot Damage Increase. 1 Quickshot doesn't guarantee 'combo saver' every single time, even Sherry's Assault Shotgun has the scrub factor to keep combos alive. The other two characters who carry the exact Sniper Rifle is White Dress Ada (equipped with Flash/Hand Grenades) and Pirate Leon (Nitrogen Rounds/Assault Rifle ammo). Ok what does RPD Helena exactly have that's viable for bosses? Ubitsvo, Gnezdo, Napads, Lepotista, Whopper just look at those bosses and look what other Mercenary characters have like Jake and the Elephant Magnum, Sherry and Lightning Hawk Magnum, School Girl Sherry with Grenade Launcher, Chris's Magnum, Ada's Pipe Bombs, Pier's Remote Bombs, Carla's Grenade Launcher. Incendiary Grenades can only go so far as stun, an entire Ammo Box 50 clip is wasting ammo, Sniper Rifle has terrible recovery... RPD Helena has healing items which is good, she lacks the right weapon to take out bosses but she is good as a tag partner. RPD Helena in the Versus mode has the Hydra and the Stun Rod, welcomed buffs she received. Even if RPD Helena had 3 Hand Grenades as items, she would be better, she should've had the Hydra in Mercenaries. RPD Helena STILL IS the worst character in Mercenaries.

However, she's the character I play mostly and I openly admit to her flaws. She's absolutely ridiculous in Versus, officially badass. Unfortunately she was not buffed in Mercenaries. RPD Helena works best on J'avo maps High Seas Fortress, Rail Yard and Liquid Fire best. Also a good duo partner but you need a parter who can take on bosses/combo saver situations. She is placed at the bottom of the tier list. I like her learning curve because I enjoy the challenge. Let's be serious here Default Chris and School Girl Sherry are totally scrub friendly and braindead easy to pick up. Shooting everything in their path like they never run out of ammo with item drop increase equipped XD

I play her the most in Mercenaries too and I agree she has flaws, but I wouldn't say she's the worst (Okay maybe on certain maps like the Catacombs, she does really well on J'avo maps besides RFW where Chris EX reigns supreme.) also the outfit just looks too good to resist. The incendiary grenades ARE her combo savers (they OHKO normal enemies.) Also, you can insta-headshot with the sniper rifle. It's been done to me numerous times in Survivors and I've done it a few times in Mercs myself. And don't forget that you can find items around the map like the Hand grenades, Flash Grenades, Remote Bombs, even more incendiary grenades, etc. Her one-handed counter is good too. It wipes out zombies on UC even if you hit them in the side. (W/ Power Counter on.) The only bosses I seem to have trouble killing with her are the Gnezdo (Requires spot-on aiming with the rifle) and Lepotistas +Whoppers on the Catacombs unless I can lead them into the spike pit.

Oh, and if 3 rifle quickshots aren't good enough you can just do one or two then spray with the Ammo Box, but that's a waste of ammo. :p Or just equip Quick Shot Damage Increase to reduce it to 2 quick shots.
---
Remember: Roll is FTW, ppl who h8 her are FTL. This is a golden rule
Official Ino of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 board
#25Volren617(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:56:18 PM
So I got home, fired up the PS3 and took Ada for a spin on the Catacombs, which is the map I'm (still) working on getting better at right now.

I start in the hallway outside the room with the timer, spinning blade and green herb. I run in, grab the herb and melee the timer, ready to turn around and smash the pot on the bridge for the grenade. Ada does her spinning jump kick and smashes the timer (all good so far), but then travels too far ahead and lands in reach of the blade. Instant dying state. Herp dee derp derp.

I think I'll just live with being bad with Ada. Her EX costume is nothing to write home about either :/
#26Starsoul_klrPosted 1/29/2013 9:00:11 AM
Volren617 posted...
So I got home, fired up the PS3 and took Ada for a spin on the Catacombs, which is the map I'm (still) working on getting better at right now.

I start in the hallway outside the room with the timer, spinning blade and green herb. I run in, grab the herb and melee the timer, ready to turn around and smash the pot on the bridge for the grenade. Ada does her spinning jump kick and smashes the timer (all good so far), but then travels too far ahead and lands in reach of the blade. Instant dying state. Herp dee derp derp.

I think I'll just live with being bad with Ada. Her EX costume is nothing to write home about either :/

Slide that time with ANYONE to make sure you never hit the blades then roll out from under them.

Some characters can safely melee them and Ada isn't one of them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Starsoulklr
I'm an Ultra Nerd for Video Games so see what I've got for viewing.
#27Volren617(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:18:47 AM
Yep, figured that out the hard way. I'd previously used Agent, Helena and Jake on that stage and none of them ever had any problems with it. In hindsight I should have adjusted for her melee but it didn't occur to me.