Why didn't Capcom use creepy music in RE6?

#1skermacPosted 1/28/2013 1:57:09 PM
Is it because RE6 is no longer survival horror?

Last night I took my PS2 copy of Code Veronica X off the shelf where it has been sitting since 2001. I thought I played it once and figured I would play it again after 12 years. I did not remember any of the first area so maybe I never played it. I even still have the strategy guide that looks brand new. Anyways, I did notice VERY creepy and suspenseful music. I was like wow! Thus is how the music should be!

The music sounded so good and it made me realize we don't have that anymore. I wish we did.

Yes, it has the old style controls which I don't mind at all. I was standing at a wall and had to walk around a corner and had no idea what was around the corner. My heart raced because I didn't know if anything was there. Talk about suspense! As soon as I started to walk around the corner and think nothing was there I was attacked and I jumped. Awesome! I miss this suspense of not seeing an enemy :(

I put the game in my 27 inch CRT tube tv and I had forgot how good the graphics are. Claire's eyes looked so blue, almost real! Other parts of the game the graphics weren't as good as on newer RE games. I'll have to play more later and then replay 1, 2, 3.

Anyways, anyone else miss creepy/scary music of the old days? I think RE6 would have had a better atmosphere with better music.
#2edward18Posted 1/28/2013 2:06:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOnrRTDNLlM
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:11:48 PM
edward18 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOnrRTDNLlM

Just listened, I love that game and the music! Thanks for the link! It's been years since I played and it deserves another play through.

The last RE game with good music for me was RE4. I hope the next game has creepier music.
#4Volren617Posted 1/28/2013 2:19:57 PM
Because there aren't really any sections in the game that are creepy - especially the Chris campaign, which is essentially going from one big shootout to another except for the snake.

Probably the only areas I can think of off the top of my head that would fit creepy mood music would be the start of Leon ch1 and maybe parts of the graveyard/catacombs. The rest is all just "Zombies!/J'avo! Shoot them!"
#5skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:22:57 PM
Volren617 posted...
Because there aren't really any sections in the game that are creepy - especially the Chris campaign, which is essentially going from one big shootout to another except for the snake.

Probably the only areas I can think of off the top of my head that would fit creepy mood music would be the start of Leon ch1 and maybe parts of the graveyard/catacombs. The rest is all just "Zombies!/J'avo! Shoot them!"

Sad, but true. The graveyard area would have been a great place for eerie music. Thankfully in some sections, like with Sherry for example, there is no music at all in parts.
#6Brocken_JrPosted 1/28/2013 4:42:43 PM
in one part of leons campaign i noticed classic RE music. i think re 2.
---
I retired from boxing with 1 win and 0 losses. My perfect streak lives on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#7AnimesetsunaPosted 1/28/2013 4:50:17 PM(edited)
I really miss Shusaku Uchiyama, Masami Ueda, and Takeshi Miura music a lot.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Setsuna Henry likes Kana Hanazawa and wish to CALL HER EVERYDAY
#8SolidStryderPosted 1/28/2013 5:00:39 PM
Dunno, loved the score in 6 though. Have no idea what the name of the song is that plays in the beginning of Sherry chapter 2 or 5 is, probably one of my favorite songs that's just there.
#9Dicer7Posted 1/28/2013 5:08:56 PM
Brocken_Jr posted...
in one part of leons campaign i noticed classic RE music. i think re 2.

I noticed Ada's RE2 theme plays after they fight Simmons together. Outside of little moments like that I thought the soundtrack was mostly forgettable.
#10good_tobiPosted 1/28/2013 5:51:52 PM(edited)
the only creepy music in RE6 = leon first campaign...upto finding Liz...and somewhere here and there in sewer.

Didn't RE4 have lots of those moments and music?
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.