Resident Evil 6 Mercenaries Tier (2013)

#1NoHopeLegendPosted 1/28/2013 7:27:14 PM
It's been a while now since a tier list was talked about. And with Agent being added to the roster I feel it's time for us to re-evaluate it.
Right now, there is no official tier list for RE6's mercenaries, so it's our job as fans to come up with one. I have studied the previous tier list written up by a certain individual on the gamefaqs boards. Along with that, even played the game to the point where I've 150 comboed with every character at least once. Right now, I feel that is where the tier list stands...

Remember, a perfect character can handle both Zombies and J'avo type enemies, as well as any boss that gets in the way.

--RANK S--
Jake
Chris
Leon (Costume)

--RANK A--
Chris (Costume)
Sherry (Costume)
Carla
Sherry

--RANK B--
Jake (Costume)
Piers
Agent
Ada (Costume)

--RANK C--
Piers (Costume)
Helena
Leon

--RANK D--
Helena (Costume)
Ada

--BACKWARDS ELBOW Vs. BACKWARDS KICK--
Not to be sexist, but a lot of the male characters have a high level of dominance over the female characters in this mode due to the backwards elbow attack they pocess. The females instead have a backwards kick that only set up a +5 second ground melee, while the male characters backwards elbow sets up for a +7 Coup de Grace, and often times their Coup de Grace will hit more than one enemy. It doesn't really seem fair to have both genders grouped in the same category because of this, but neverless, it is done.

--JAKE (COSTUME)'s POSITION--
Another issue that is to be brought up is controvery of Jake (Costume) and his tier list position. In the past, more than 50% of the fans believed that he was absolutely the worst character in Mercenaries, not havng handgun or machine gun to work with when it comes to setting up melees. Players also complained about the knife attack being too slow for both setting up melees and dodge attacks when the enemies got more aggressive in the later part of the game. This was however proven false by other people, and that Jake (Costume) deserved a higher position, that he has the backwards elbow to set up melee attacks, as well as setting up Coup de Grace, and even counters by doing Quick Shots with the Rifle. They believed that Jake (Costume) should have been in top tier. All though it's true that he isn't bottom tier material, it's unknown if Jake (Costume) should be in top tier, and for now he remains mid-tier class.

--WEAPON FACTS--
In this mode there are some characters in which are just copies of others. Often going undetected by the naked eye. These characters have the exact same weapon types but with a different gun. Some of them even have an extra gun too. But do not be fooled, for they are still copies of certain characters. Here is the list of clones...

- Jake is a stronger version of Sherry
- Chris (Costume) is a stronger version of Leon
- Carla is a stronger version of Helena
- Sherry (Costume) is the stronger version of Piers (Costume)
- Leon (Costume) >> Piers >> Ada (Costume) >> Piers (Costume) >> Helena (Costume)

There are more clones in the game than this, but these are the ones that are more noticable than others.

--OTHER FACTS-
- Piers is automatically a lower class when up against a character with both a Handgun and a Magnum in their inventory due to the poor firepower & stopping power of his MP-AF
- Ammo Box 50 is considered to be the worst weapon in the game. Not only does it chew through ammo faster than a Whooper at Mc. Donalds, but it also has the lowest firepower of any gun in the game! And worse: most enemies don't flinch when you shoot them with it. Characters stuck carrying this unlucky burden got a low rating on the tier list for it.

I'll be sure to edit this list overtime as I learn more about the characters. I don't expect everyone to be happy with the results. ^^
#2DetBeauregardPosted 1/28/2013 11:40:05 PM
I agree with your list except for schoolgirl Sherry; I would bump her up to S rank.
#3MonkeyKrazy07Posted 1/28/2013 11:43:06 PM
I still don't get why magnum ammo can't be obtained from enemy drops, it could be in 5's Mercenaries mode. =/
---
Resident Evil (Remake) 'n' Haunting Ground are two of the best games ever made by Capcom.
#4DetBeauregardPosted 1/28/2013 11:44:41 PM
MonkeyKrazy07 posted...
I still don't get why magnum ammo can't be obtained from enemy drops, it could be in 5's Mercenaries mode. =/

Ammo for the grenade launcher or anti-materiel rifle can't be found, either. I guess it's just a way to balance the game, since these weapons are all great boss killers.
#5xXxAgentAdaxXxPosted 1/29/2013 3:57:18 AM
A hit and miss list. I'll elaborate later.
---
Formerly known as xXxAdaxXx.
#6probablyidkPosted 1/29/2013 4:16:30 AM
There really should be an option to build your own loadout.

Also, why on earth does Chris have those attacks with his knife yet Agent and Jake EX does not?

The ammo box should not be paired up with Sniper Rifle (Helena EX). She should at least have gotten the Semi Auto SR. Would've prefer the Bear Commander (with no grenade launcher). Still play with Helena EX though simply because it's my favorite costume... but it's kinda painful with those weapons.

Same with Ada... Ammo box with that crossbow? Her bow needs a buff. Give her the ability to load 3-5 bows per reload. Reloading after every shot is awful + the reloading animation. Going around quickshooting isn't the answer.
#7NoHopeLegend(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:57:44 AM
DetBeauregard posted...
I agree with your list except for schoolgirl Sherry; I would bump her up to S rank.

Sherry (Costume) isn't an S Rank because she lacks a weapon that fires straight. Shotgun doesn't count cause you could end up hitting one more enemy than you wanted to, and that's a loss of a easy +5/+10 seconds. And again, there's an issue of not having the backwards elbow attack.
With her loadout she'll make a powerful character for Onslaught mode, but when it comes to Mercenaries physics I'm afraid she is out of luck.
#8DetBeauregardPosted 1/29/2013 9:36:32 AM
NoHopeLegend posted...
With her loadout she'll make a powerful character for Onslaught mode, but when it comes to Mercenaries physics I'm afraid she is out of luck.

She is hands down the most efficient character in Onslaught.
#9Starsoul_klrPosted 1/29/2013 9:46:21 AM
Chris has the Combat Knife while every other character has the Survival Knife. That's why Chris has different moves with his knife.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Starsoulklr
I'm an Ultra Nerd for Video Games so see what I've got for viewing.
#10ravenscourgePosted 1/29/2013 9:50:32 AM
Sherry'a assault rifle can kill any enemy from any range....
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3