Biggest disappointment in Resident Evil 6

#31Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/29/2013 6:58:38 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
I think it's funny that Leon is the largest on the box art, since his campaign felt far more like a side story than Chris's or Jake's.

Thematically Ada should be the main Character since she has a major connection to pretty much every major player, especially the bad guys.

Though all the stories seem like side stories really, they all pretty much just kill one big monster and fly off into the sunset.

That and the whole "Master Mind gets killed halfway through the game by the other Mastermind's henchmen"

Though at least they didn't pull a Code Veronica and have a 3rd bad guy guy who was a dead goon 3 games ago pop up as a Villain half way through.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#32DetBeauregardPosted 1/29/2013 7:03:08 PM
siberian142 posted...
Ada's campaign was pretty disappointing. Other than learning a little about her background during RE2, we don't really learn anything big about her. I felt her campaign crossed over with others too often as well, she covered a lot of the same ground as the other campaigns.

I couldn't agree more.
#33Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/29/2013 7:08:47 PM(edited)
siberian142 posted...
Ada's campaign was pretty disappointing. Other than learning a little about her background during RE2, we don't really learn anything big about her. I felt her campaign crossed over with others too often as well, she covered a lot of the same ground as the other campaigns.

Carla was pretty disappointing as well. I liked how they meshed Carla into Chris' campaign, but not how Leon barely got any scenes with her. For being Ada's clone, it is odd Jake and Chris got so much screen time with her yet Leon meets her once, gets told "Ada" is dead and then meets the real one shortly after.

I have to also Call BS that Chris doesn't know Ada pre RE6.

She was a Raccoon City Survivor, So surely Leon or Claire would have told him about her.

And was issued an international warrant for impersonating a BSAA agent, the group Chris Co-Founded.

EDIT: And Chris's story wasn't much better, he actually undevelops as a character as the story goes on, eventually ending where he started at the finale of RE5. At least Leon's story has Helena's character arc to make up for the rehash of 4 Leon/Ada does.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#34IlDankoPosted 1/29/2013 7:23:54 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
siberian142 posted...

Carla was pretty disappointing as well. I liked how they meshed Carla into Chris' campaign, but not yhow Leon barely got any scenes with her. For being Ada's clone, it is odd Jake and Chris got so much screen time with her yet Leon meets her once, gets told "Ada" is dead and then meets the real one shortly after.

She was a Raccoon City Survivor, So surely Leon or Claire would have told him about her.

And was issued an international warrant for impersonating a BSAA agent, the group Chris Co-Founded.

EDIT: And Chris's story wasn't much better, he actually undevelops as a character as the story goes on, eventually ending where he started at the finale of RE5. At least Leon's story has Helena's character arc to make up for the rehash of 4 Leon/Ada does.

Why would claire mention ada? She never met her.. Leon and chris only met once according to the files and it was a brief meeting, and seeing that ada is a spy working for an unknown company leon wouldn't talk about her to a BSAA agent because he is obsessed about her...
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#35MakoChanXPosted 1/29/2013 7:25:36 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...

I could believe it true actually.

In canon Claire never met Ada so she wouldn't tell Chris, and after the events of 2 Leon was pretty crushed that Ada had 'died' right there in his in his arms right after their first kiss, so I wouldn't blame him for not telling anyone about Ada.

Even after Leon knew Ada was alive ala RE4, I can still understand why he would never mention her to anyone. He has pretty strong feelings for her, but because he knows they aren't 'technically' working on the same side, and the lack of trust between them, he doesn't want anyone to know Ada exists, maybe to keep her safe? I doubt he mentioned Ada at all in any of his reports.

In 6 when Helena asks him about her, he doesn't like explaining Ada to her. Ada's like Leon's dirty little secret. ;)

Think your right about Chris learning of Ada from some other source though. She was known through out the 'underworld' as an awesome spy, but surely her name would have cropped up somewhere?
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdnau3FARq1rkuymjo8_250.gif
#36Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/29/2013 7:27:28 PM
Still,you are ignoring the whole International Warrant thing.

Sure, she could of had it removed, but it was still broadcasted over a public source in Damnation.
---
#37Mister_ZurkonPosted 1/29/2013 7:33:55 PM
MakoChanX posted...

Think your right about Chris learning of Ada from some other source though. She was known through out the 'underworld' as an awesome spy, but surely her name would have cropped up somewhere?

After the Zenobia/Semiramis Thing I'd be shocked if he can find his pants in the morning.

But still, It just seems highly unlikely after all the Bioterrorism Incidents Ada was involved in, her direct work with Wesker, And Her BSAA warrant ?

Though the real reason Leon would leave Ada out of the RE4 Report is probably because he lost the sample to her, not a great ending to the report... Though I'd love to see what he put in.

"And then um... Ashley dropped it off the jetski, that dumb cow."
---
#38Candy__GirlPosted 1/29/2013 8:08:48 PM
Goldsickle posted...
In a concept art, the Merchant was going to be a part of Leon's costume that never made it in the final game.

On that "costume", Leon was to have the Merchant strapped to his back.
He will open his coat so Leon will reach behind him to pick any weapon he wants.

SamA7X posted...
Fun fact, the voice actor for the Merchant was actually Paul Mercier, the same actor that did Leon's voice :p

And since Paul was not the voice of Leon in RE6 that ^ costume would have added insult to injury to the fans who wanted him back for RE6. Mathew Mercer did an all right job, but he will never be as good as Paul for Leon and I guarantee you that he could not pull off the Merchant's voice.
#39DegalonPosted 1/29/2013 10:31:53 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
siberian142 posted...

Carla was pretty disappointing as well. I liked how they meshed Carla into Chris' campaign, but not how Leon barely got any scenes with her. For being Ada's clone, it is odd Jake and Chris got so much screen time with her yet Leon meets her once, gets told "Ada" is dead and then meets the real one shortly after.

For the record, they didn't know Ada was a survivor. They thought she was dead until she turned up during RE4, where only Leon knew of, and it doesn't seem like he included her involvement in the Kennedy Report.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa