Default control or classic??

#1DarkkefkaFFXPosted 1/29/2013 1:32:16 PM
I wonder... am I the ONLY person who uses classic?

see.....i play re6 as iff i'm playing re4 or re5..so I needed to change it to classic. I haven't even tried default yet.

however..I noticed that pretty much every vid on yt uses default. somebody watched my vids and said that I'm the ONLY person they've seen to use classic control. I can't shoot with the r button unless I'm playing Tomb Raider Legend....R1 is my aiming...and my quick shoot is r1 and square.

The only downside to this is that It's impossible for me to walk while aiming because I get controller tied when I try....but I never need to use it anyway.
---
FFX NSGNZ Dark Aeons (Anima left)
Pokemon D/P Friends Codes: 0216 3888 1669
#2xokennyxoPosted 1/29/2013 1:54:00 PM
I use the default controls, but it's probably because I'm used to playing CoD, seeing as the controls are very similar.

I does feel more realistic, but that's my opinion. I don't really dislike any of the new controls or classic, so it doesn't matter to me.
---
---
I've got a burning desire for...
#3saberstromPosted 1/29/2013 2:38:37 PM
i think all shooting games should have cod controls because 99 pecent of everyone in the world is used to that type of controls.
#4icantseePosted 1/29/2013 3:39:36 PM
I really like the RE 4, 5, Revelations, Mercs 3DS control scheme. I play them quite frequently so I got to be pretty decent with the controls.

So when RE6 was released, I was hoping they would have the option to swtich to that type of control. Unfortunely, classic isn't "classic". The camera doesn't snap back over the shoulder when you release the right stick. So that was one strike against it.

The other was that I could not do the dodging as efficiently, especially rolling away from the Napad in UC before he can overhand smash you. So reluctantly, I had to swtich to default.
---
RE5 and 3DS Mercs fan
#5durangodanPosted 1/29/2013 6:32:29 PM
I use classic and play the game in the same way I played 4 and 5. It still works... kind of.
From what I remember dodging is difficult as (whist aiming) it means you have to pull back on the right stick and press X at the same time... You can swap buttons but that feels weird to me.

I also really wish thay had given the option to have the camera snap back behind you. How difficult would it have been to include?
---
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
psn: durangodan76
#6William_18Posted 1/29/2013 6:49:47 PM
I use classic
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#7kalibre16Posted 1/29/2013 7:19:05 PM
Definitely Classic (although if you play the ACTUAL classics it was R1+X not R1[]) but at the end of the day that's what feels more natural to me, I don't play COD so having two triggers feels awkward. (and yes I have managed to 150/150 urban chaos with every character using these controls)

As an added bonus I also use the classic laser, online names off and HUD off because seeing all those things at once just throws me out of the immersion (ok the crosshair I just don't like it lol)
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#8ItsAboutStylePosted 1/29/2013 9:19:57 PM
I use the classic button layout, but the default aiming controls. I also use the laser.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#9MissNayePosted 1/30/2013 1:08:07 AM
I use default controls and invert both the X and Y-axis (I have to play with my camera inverted). I honestly cannot play the old style anymore since I play other games like the Gears of War series who have similar control schemes.
---
PSN: Ladynaye | ResidentEvil.net : Ladynaye
Xbox Live: MorigannaX
#10AnimesetsunaPosted 1/30/2013 2:11:56 AM
I always use default no matter what. But if you play too much of 6 and then go back playing 4, you going to get mess up with the controller like I did. lol
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Setsuna Henry likes Kana Hanazawa and wish to CALL HER EVERYDAY