In Mercs mode, which has greater priority, time or combo?

#1JameJame456xxPosted 1/29/2013 7:46:47 PM
I ask because I feel like I'm making the match a lot longer than what it is because Chris's melee's and throws are quite lengthy in execution when I could try to increase the combo meter.
---
PSN - JameJame456xx
Currently Playing: Warriors Orochi 3, Dead Space 2, Dark Souls
#2DetBeauregardPosted 1/29/2013 7:49:06 PM
You should try to do melee kills whenever possible, but your number one priority is keeping the combo alive. If you have to kill enemies with your weapons to do this, do it. A larger combo means a far greater score - you can kill all 150 enemies without holding them in a combo, but your score will be far less.
#3JameJame456xx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:52:00 PM
Oh ok, and one last question: Could you elaborate on the combo time crystals? Do they just add to the total bonus you will get from the combo meter? Like for instance, you have a combo of 45 going on and then you have the bonus combo time of 1000*15. Does that mean it'll just add 15000 to the bonus of the combo 45?
---
PSN - JameJame456xx
#4DetBeauregardPosted 1/29/2013 8:06:37 PM
I think the combo bonus time is added to the end of the combo you currently have. So if you have a 45 combo, hit a combo bonus, and get 15 kills while combo time is active, 15,000 points will be added to that combo when it is finished. Only the enemies that are killed when the combo time is in effect will give you more points.

But I could be wrong. Any Mercs vets want to answer for sure?
#5Alky88Posted 1/29/2013 8:26:45 PM(edited)
The combo bonus is added to your total when your current combo ends or you clear the stage. However I'm pretty sure that the general combo bonus is higher than 1k after like 10 kills so you want to break the crystals early on or simply ignore then when your combo gets past that.
Basically breaking the crystals at 45 like in your example would actually lower your score.

Edit: Ok just checked, the combo bonus from 10 to 19 is 1000 points on its own so the crystals are useless once you hit 10 like I said.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#6JameJame456xx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:29:36 PM
Alky88 posted...
The combo bonus is added to your total when your current combo ends or you clear the stage. However I'm pretty sure that the general combo bonus is higher than 1k after like 10 kills so you want to break the crystals early on or simply ignore then when your combo gets past that.
Basically breaking the crystals at 45 like in your example would actually lower your score.

Edit: Ok just checked, the combo bonus from 10 to 19 is 1000 points on its own so the crystals are useless once you hit 10 like I said.

Thats very useful to know. Thnx.
---
PSN - JameJame456xx