does anyone miss rookie chris and rookie leon from the old games.

#21Hawke0Posted 1/30/2013 12:10:04 PM
edward18 posted...
Course I do. Hate that they're super secret agents that have no worry about anything now.

Super Metroid>Chrono Trigger>Earthworm Jim
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#22IlDankoPosted 1/30/2013 12:10:41 PM
SolidStryder posted...
UnknownWin posted...
Horror doesn't affect gameplay, action does.

what does this have to do with anything.

are you asking or saying.

Dunno... Discuss
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#23edward18Posted 1/30/2013 12:10:41 PM
...what's your opinion on those games have anything to do with what's being talked about?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#24ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/30/2013 12:24:49 PM
The only thing I would like is for those costumes to still be included as nostalgia. Other than that no.

Leon was the only true rookie and with the direction the series was going what did you expect? They had to train more no matter what the cost. Even in RE6 they had a hard time dealing with these BOWs. This is especially evident with Chris' final boss. If Chris didn't have a partner it would be night night for him, same for Leon. They need all the help they can get.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#25UnknownWin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 12:49:55 PM
SolidStryder posted...
UnknownWin posted...
Horror doesn't affect gameplay, action does.

what does this have to do with anything.

are you asking or saying.

Dunno... Discuss

wat.
#26edward18Posted 1/30/2013 1:29:13 PM
Leon was the only true rookie and with the direction the series was going what did you expect?

I expected it to play the damn same as previous games in the series.

They had to train more no matter what the cost.

Good for them. Shouldn't change the gameplay.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#27ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/30/2013 2:18:52 PM
I expected it to play the damn same as previous games in the series.

You should be ranting at Mikami for that one. He made the choice to go into the action forefront. Capcom is just following in those footsteps. However he has the ability to make a survival horror in the modern age if he is going forth with Zwei. Bottom line is, he scrapped RE4 the survival horror edition because it wasn't that good enough.

Good for them. Shouldn't change the gameplay.

Things change when a series ages. It's inevitable. Even Metal Gear is making new expansions for their series with Rising. Capcom didn't want their series to die if they went forth with the RE4 reinvention.
---
#28edward18Posted 1/30/2013 2:21:11 PM

You should be ranting at Mikami for that one.

Oh believe me buddy, I've done that countless times.

He made the choice to go into the action forefront.

The main reason I hope he never works on the series again.

Capcom is just following in those footsteps.

Another good reason to spite them.

However he has the ability to make a survival horror in the modern age if he is going forth with Zwei.

We don't know that yet.

Bottom line is, he scrapped RE4 the survival horror edition because it wasn't that good enough.

In his eyes.

Things change when a series ages. It's inevitable.

Gameplay should always stay the same in a numbered series.

Even Metal Gear is making new expansions for their series with Rising. Capcom didn't want their series to die if they went forth with the RE4 reinvention.

It should have died.
---
#29ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/30/2013 2:36:13 PM(edited)
Oh believe me buddy, I've done that countless times.

Very good for you.

He made the choice to go into the action forefront.

With the bad blood between him and Capcom over RE4 being ported to the PS2 and the dissolve of Clover Studios you may have your wish on that one. If he has any dignity then he has no reason to do any business with Capcom anymore.

Another good reason to spite them.

Long as action RE still sells, Capcom will continue on that road. All they care about is money these days. Not fan input, sadly. Legends 3 taught everyone that lesson.

We don't know that yet.

If Mikami means what he says, it'll be a true to his word. He said how changed Remake would be from the original. Was he lying? No.

In his eyes

This is something we'll never actually know. Only Mikami and his team.

Things change when a series ages. It's inevitable.

EDIT: Oops quoted myself. That was for when you said numbered series shouldn't change. :P The stale comments from fans are inevitable too.

And that's where things get stale if the improvements to the core gameplay is minimal.

It should have died

Capcom said otherwise.
---