Capcom: "there is a possibility" of Resident Evil series reboot"

#1m100t1sPosted 1/31/2013 12:41:30 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-31-capcom-there-is-a-possibility-of-resident-evil-series-reboot

RE Revelations director talks about a possibility of a RE reboot, And how it might be an open-world game with the reboot and some stuff. Also, He's talking about the positive feedbacks they got after the fans were happy with RE REvelations port to the consoles, And how RE REvelations sales will effect the Resident Evil series direction, If it sold well, They will keep the horror and the atmosphere, If it sold poorly, They will go back to work on RE games like RE6 and RE:ORC.

Thoughts?

Now after the DMC's reboot fans reaction, What would you think about an RE reboot being made by RE Revelations team?

For me, Nothing is wrong with a reboot if it was good, Especially that RE REvelations team know how to make good horror games.
#2DanteDevilsPosted 1/31/2013 12:43:26 PM
how would that even work? zombie out break happens in city. Leon and Chris do the same thing again...Wesker is black...the end
---
"The real reason Jonah hates me... is because I'm black! .........Kidding. Sorry" - The Amazing Spider-Man
#3ssj_duelistPosted 1/31/2013 1:50:40 PM
DanteDevils posted...
how would that even work? zombie out break happens in city. Leon and Chris do the same thing again...Wesker is black...the end

Exactly, it woulds be dreadful. How about just give us new character and a new outbreak in a new location. Same Universe, set after 6.
#4DanielSpace79Posted 1/31/2013 1:53:22 PM
Oh good a third post....
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#5m100t1s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:57:44 PM
DanteDevils posted...

If you think about it like me, I can see what RE Revelations director meant by open-world RE game. Leon is in Raccoon City, you can go to wherever you want, Find keys to inter buildings, Get your s*** together and find guns and supplies to survive the out break. More replay value and playing detective. That would be amazing.

He for sure didn't mean an open world game like GTA or something.
Also, A reboot would be good for the story, We will see Wesker again.

Also, They kinda screwed up everything when they made Leon an agent in 4 and Sherry is agent too in 6 and Wesker's death in 5.
A reboot for the story will be good, Especially that it will be made by RE REvelations team, These guys know how to do real RE games.
#6edward18Posted 1/31/2013 1:58:42 PM
1. Again, SCREW THIS CRAP!

2. TC, there's three topics of this now.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7notrandomPosted 1/31/2013 2:00:13 PM
If they did reboot it they would hand it over to some western developers and pull a DmC. Then Capcom would laugh at everyone and blame them for complaining so much about how they handle the series.
And they would do this all while knowing RE would still be their best selling series.
---
Say no to EA and Ubisoft's online passes. Say no to Capcom and Activision's scummy DLC ways. Say no to NISA's terrible and unfaithful localizations.
#8ZeeDoggePosted 1/31/2013 2:02:18 PM
Nah, no reboot. Just make a huge open world BOW outbreak with all the BOW types that have existed in the series
#9ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/31/2013 2:03:03 PM
Oh good a third post....

I got a good laugh out of it myself.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#10saleonkennedyPosted 1/31/2013 2:15:49 PM
Before they reboot the series, they need to make a Conclusion with leon and ada.
---
gamertag: Leon Kennedy I2
Don't speak evil of someone you don't know for certain, and if you do know ask yourself, why am I telling it?-Johann Kasper Lavater