Resident Evil will return to its roots

#1FrogEyezPosted 1/31/2013 6:54:36 PM
"Capcom has listened to fan feedback following Resident Evil 6 and knows that the series must return to its roots going forward, even mentioning the possibility of a reboot.

These comments come from Capcomís Masachika Kawata, a long-term producer on the iconic survival horror series who spoke to IGN in London while discussing his latest project -- bringing last yearís Nintendo 3DS title Resident Evil: Revelations to Xbox 360, Wii U, PlayStation 3 and PC."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/resident-evil-will-return-to-its-roots
---
GT - JeDDyD
He shivers and squeezes out a fart, because that **** is poison, man, and its better out than in.
#2IlDankoPosted 1/31/2013 6:59:22 PM
If the series get rebooted leon will get a mohawk... No one wants that to happen...
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#3Coryo61827Posted 1/31/2013 7:08:34 PM
FINALLY! This series needs this bad, resident evil 6 proved that.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#4tevin1569Posted 1/31/2013 7:22:51 PM
NO! I like RE the way it is now. RE6 was amazing...and reboot would be terrible and the classic play way would be bad...just keep going the direction they're and they'll find a fine line between classic and new.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#5Coryo61827Posted 1/31/2013 7:46:32 PM
Quote:NO! I like RE the way it is now. RE6 was amazing...and reboot would be terrible and the classic play way would be bad...just keep going the direction they're and they'll find a fine line between classic and new.
@tevin1569

If they keep going in the direction they're going, they'll lose more fans than gain. They're thinking about rebooting the series for a reason. If resident evil 6 was as amazing as you claim then why is capcom starting to realize that change needs to happen?
---
#6SolidStryderPosted 1/31/2013 7:52:10 PM
Coryo61827 posted...
Quote:NO! I like RE the way it is now. RE6 was amazing...and reboot would be terrible and the classic play way would be bad...just keep going the direction they're and they'll find a fine line between classic and new.
@tevin1569

If they keep going in the direction they're going, they'll lose more fans than gain. They're thinking about rebooting the series for a reason. If resident evil 6 was as amazing as you claim then why is capcom starting to realize that change needs to happen?

Because for some reason they thought it was going to post CoD numbers and shipped 100 million copies? Granted 6 was the best RE game since CV, I have no idea why they overestimated the series' popularity lol
#7edward18Posted 1/31/2013 7:53:22 PM
reboots shouldn't happen
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#8Coryo61827Posted 1/31/2013 7:55:21 PM
Quote:Coryo61827 posted...
@tevin1569

Because for some reason they thought it was going to post CoD numbers and shipped 100 million copies? Granted 6 was the best RE game since CV, I have no idea why they overestimated the series' popularity lol

@SolidStryder

What are you talking about? Resident evil 6 was one of the lowest scoring main resident evil games...
---
#9SolidStryderPosted 1/31/2013 7:57:16 PM
Coryo61827 posted...
@tevin1569

@SolidStryder

What are you talking about? Resident evil 6 was one of the lowest scoring main resident evil games...

But then I actually read the big name reviews and had to wonder WTF they were talking about.
#10Coryo61827Posted 1/31/2013 7:58:47 PM
@tevin1569

@SolidStryder

But then I actually read the big name reviews and had to wonder WTF they were talking about.

@SolidStryder

If you say so lol.
---