News- Capcom/Producer "RE WILL return to its roots" After fan feedback!

#1Ryan-06Posted 2/1/2013 1:03:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Q34LhH-4c
More details in article:
ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/resident-evil-will-return-to-its-roots?abthid=510ac3207463d5c655000049

LISTEN. And now rejoice. \o/

Masachika Kawata, producer:
"I think that itís important for us to have usersí needs in mind when making the games," Kawata told IGN. "At the same time I think a lot of what people want now is to have Chris and Jill in a game, or they want it to look like Resident Evil used to look like. Thatís what makes the game work for them. We should be able to start from scratch and reboot it. It would still be Resident Evil..."

For me, I enjoyed RE6, but Kawata was right. I felt the least amounts of horror or tension in RE6 than any other. I'm also a big SH fan so I've felt worse while playing a horror game.
If anything, the one thing I liked most was the new combat/controls. Feels great once mastered. So with the new RE, I hope capcom maintains fluid combat control, while bringing back horror and tension. Its already been done before. Dead Space 1-2 were amazing IMO. Perfect combo of combat, with enemies that still make you feel like you're in grave danger.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. I robbed a bank today, how'd I do it? It was "Achieved with CRYENGINE 3.."
http://i50.tinypic.com/who87l.gif
#2ItsAboutStylePosted 2/1/2013 1:04:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3XSilverPhoenixXPosted 2/1/2013 1:08:10 AM
No matter what they do they will find a way to screw it up. They don't understand that the atmosphere and directing of the originals is what made them so great.

Gun slinging and slip and sliding does not belong in Resident Evil regardless of there being weapons from the start.

Co-op can also be used more effectively and I'll miss it if it's taken out. They ruined the series by adding it but at the same time it will not feel right if it's gone.

Resident Evil 2 with it's split story would have worked amazingly well with someone playing as Claire and the other playing as Leon while intersecting. Unfortunately Capcom doesn't even know how to properly use intersecting in the game to begin with because it was awful in 6.

It just never worked 99% of the time.
#4Ryan-06(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:10:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5chocoboblue99Posted 2/1/2013 1:10:18 AM
If they take out co-op - I'm out!!!
#6Ryan-06(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:21:44 AM(edited)
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
No matter what they do they will find a way to screw it up. They don't understand that the atmosphere and directing of the originals is what made them so great.

Gun slinging and slip and sliding does not belong in Resident Evil regardless of there being weapons from the start.

Co-op can also be used more effectively and I'll miss it if it's taken out. They ruined the series by adding it but at the same time it will not feel right if it's gone.

Resident Evil 2 with it's split story would have worked amazingly well with someone playing as Claire and the other playing as Leon while intersecting. Unfortunately Capcom doesn't even know how to properly use intersecting in the game to begin with because it was awful in 6.

It just never worked 99% of the time.

I won't judge too quickly. I'll give them a chance. RE5 was better received after all. Pretty sure they've read enough feedback on 6 by now.
As for combat, they can refine it from 6, not keep it exactly the same with the sliding and broken cover system, but like Bruce Lee said: "Keep what is useful, discard the rest".
Hence I mentioned Dead Space. The direction was superb, there was no sliding or rolling, but combat gave you just the tools you needed to survive. Enemy balance was great too, depending on difficulty. Atmosphere and audio design was top notch. With the dementia/psychological sequences being good scares =)
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. I robbed a bank today, how'd I do it? It was "Achieved with CRYENGINE 3.."
#7DetBeauregardPosted 2/1/2013 1:15:40 AM
chocoboblue99 posted...

If they take co-op out, I'm in like I've never been in before!

Personally, I think the addition of co-op is what truly watered down the series.
#8AnimesetsunaPosted 2/1/2013 1:18:00 AM
DetBeauregard posted...
chocoboblue99 posted...

If they take co-op out, I'm in like I've never been in before!

Personally, I think the addition of co-op is what truly watered down the series.

I don't mind solo or co-op. But I still prefer solo.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Setsuna Henry likes Kana Hanazawa and wish to CALL HER EVERYDAY
#9Ryan-06(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:19:59 AM
chocoboblue99 posted...

I don't know I agree, I've been split on this issue ever since RE5. Because the recent Dead Space 3 pulled off something I truly wanted in RE6. OPTIONAL Co-op. You can even play the demo to sample it yourself.

Basically what Visceral did was they rewrote the dialog and certain events depending on whether the player chooses to play 100% solo, or go with the coop mode with Carver travelling with Isaac. You can enjoy the entire game solo which can make it harder in some areas (the mining drill in the demo for ex.). Felt like they took some cues from Mass Effect with things altered as a result of who's with you.
---
#10Dicer7Posted 2/1/2013 1:20:12 AM
As much as I would love to see RE return to its roots if they just completely abandon the story at this point I think a lot of fans won't be happy.